S-Range

RTP

Okay, I am pissed off :angry:

You know, I'm waiting for this goddamn new S-Range album since last summer as it was said "it will be out early autumn 2004". Yes, I am not crazy, it was 2004! 200-fucking-4! But that's actually not what I'm complaining about...

What pisses me off is the following:

The official site said and still says (I have to get my info off the official site because this Liquid Records has obviously no website ... well, I found quite a few labels that name themselves liquid records, but none of them had S-Range...?) that there should be a new single out at September the 5th. It should be called "Another Theory" as well as the upcoming album and AFAIK it should contain three tracks - one off the album, one remix and one unreleased one.

A single will be released prior to the 3rd S>Range album "Another Theory". Release date 5th September.

Well, fine.

But now we have September the 9th and I can't fucking find that single anywhere in the world!

You know, I am pissed a little. Not any information the official site gave until now about the new album was correct. What the fuck is the matter here? I smell problems. Probably label problems or some shit like that. They're talking of that goddamn new album since one year maybe - and they actually never said that it's still in the making, they were always talking about releasing!

Can ANYBODY give ANY info?

Oh and btw, just wanna share the info: I've finally found a sample of "Another Theory" :wub: ... http://www.triskelemanagement.com/artists/...ther_theory.m3u (it is the only sample of his new album stuff that works on this fucking site: http://www.triskelemanagement.com/s-range.html) ... and I must say it sounds very good, less poppy and less cheesy as the last few compilation tracks of him ... hope they will release this fucking goddamn album soon ... ARRRRRGH!!!

I'm not denying that S-Range has indeed begun a "new era" of his music and is switching to full-on-ish beats and frequencies ... but I must say that (although some of the last stuff I found a bit cheesy) his own characteristic happy spacy sound remains in it and that's very good and I'm really awaiting this album :)

Loved the first 2 albums from him, and his morning-set on the alternative stage at VooV 2002 was amazing. Heard him at VooV again this year, this time on the mainstage, and it was a huge disappointment. I do like some full on, but his set sounded very standard, and not very "S>Range'ish" to me.

Loved the first 2 albums from him, and his morning-set on the alternative stage at VooV 2002 was amazing. Heard him at VooV again this year, this time on the mainstage, and it was a huge disappointment. I do like some full on, but his set sounded very standard, and not very "S>Range'ish" to me.

His 2 Albums are two of the best psy albums I know. Especially Space. That is such an amazing album ... the best psy album in the world for me! And I know too that Another Theory will not be able to come even close to that - but it's still the successor to Space and that's why it interests me so fucking much!

And BTW, the samples on the site http://www.triskelemanagement.com/s-range.html WORK! You just have to press "PLAY ALL", individual links don't work except the one I said above ... you should skip the first two and "Welcome To Paradise" if you just want to hear the unreleased stuff of the new album.

So what can I say ... I don't like all of them, but already the first, the Chromosome Remix of Another Theory, sounds very good (Chromosome is a very promising artist, his Test Tones Remix was a very good track too) ... Stand By sounds really really good in my ears too, makes me happy ... Blue Sky sound a bit mediocrer, but still fairly okay ... Technical Support sounds even more mediocre if not uninteresting, that's one I'm not curious about ... but Another Theory sounds very good again...

I guess when the album will be out I'll first wait for a review and listen to Saikosound samples before I decide to get it. I expect it to be 50% S-Rangely perfect and the other 50% mediocrely full-on...

Heard some of his fullonish stuff during his live last summer. Was very nice and energetic for dancing. Wouldn't listen to it at home, but high quality fullonish stuff for parties.

I can somewhat understand him when he says that the reason that he started moving away from prog is that he simply got bored with it, and wanted to try something new, and will probably get bored with this and move onto something else, or back to prog.

I am very disapointed by this sample and how it sounds the whole way for the album.

I dont like at all this new sound of S-range, wich is a shame cause 2001 is one the best albums i got and his music was so unique in those days

Now he is a joey- six- pack

Not yet... But it will be very soon... I'll also have a review of the single up soon...  :)

334433[/snapback]

not released on psyshop = not cool :lol:

I'll wait longer... I only trust psyshop :lol::lol:

Not yet... But it will be very soon... I'll also have a review of the single up soon...  :)

334433[/snapback]

Could you please elaborate?

What means "very soon"?

And what is that thing about the single ... when you're reviewing it, does that mean it is out? Where? When?

I am very disapointed by this sample and how it sounds the whole way for the album.

I dont like at all this new sound of S-range, wich is a shame cause 2001 is one the best albums i got and his music was so unique in those days

Now he is a joey- six- pack

334410[/snapback]

Well ... I found Space better than 2001 ... 2001 still had some flaws in it (Complete Delete, DOS, Maser ... really found them not special), on Space every track is perfect :wub:

Anyway, I don't think the sample sounds bad at all. The beginning sounds not that good, but then it gets pretty cool :)

I'm of the opinion that his new sound has more crazy-energy ... it sounds much more on the mad and happy side, the "magic" is gone in a way, it can't send any more shivers down my spine ... but it makes me smile - and that's good after all :)

Could you please elaborate?

What means "very soon"?

And what is that thing about the single ... when you're reviewing it, does that mean it is out? Where? When?

334692[/snapback]

Actually I didn't write very soon - just soon... That means within the next couple of weeks... I haven't received the single yet, but I've talked to Liquid Ross thoughout the mastering process - it's all done now, and yesterday I got a mail from Robin Triskele saying the single was in the post... So the release date is very close - can't tell you the exact date yet though...

Hope that clears things up?

/DP

Oh yeeeah, thank you very much ... to get such information was actually the purpose of me creating this thread :)

Thanks, thanks!

You know, I'm waiting since a very long time already for this album ... and there was no better information than the one on the original site - and the one there is incorrect, because on the site it still says "A single will be released prior to the 3rd S>Range album "Another Theory". Release date 5th September." ... I was pissed that nowhere there was any better information found - I already speculated about label problems and such, because until now every information about the new album proved wrong, there was a time where it was said it should be released still 2004!

Maybe you could tell Ross that they should give out better information ... I don't care if albums are delayed or anything, I just don't like it when there's no information about anything - some statement like "hey, it will be delayed until XYZ due to whatever, but we're still working on it" would be nice...

• 1 month later...

"ANOTHER THEORY CD - S RANGE --> LIQUID RECORDS LRCD02 RELEASE DATE: 25/11/05"

http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/pr...t.asp?LR=LRCD02

YEEEEHAW! FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY A RELEASE DATE IS IN SIGHT!!!

It's coming, it's coming, it's coming!!!

Posted Image:wub:

*does a dance*

I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT! I think this will be the first album ever that I'm considering to buy online...

LOL :D don't get too excited about it, because it might let you down....

LOL :D don't get too excited about it, because it might let you down....

379625[/snapback]

I know, I know <_<

The samples weren't THAT brillant either - only two or three good tracks (not all were prelistenable though) ... but still...

I'm eagerly awaiting a review :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry RTP, I've just got word that Arabesque is pushing the release dates of both album + single...

early January release for single and late Jan release for the album.

I've heard the album several times and I'm halfway through the review, but I'm not gonna publish it until we draw closer to the review date...

/DP

<_<

No, no, don't think wrong of me, I just somehow managed not to freak out because this thread slipped my eyes back then (Fortunately! Because just back then I had one S-Range phasis in music again and would probably have threwn something big out of the window or whatever on those news...) and I couldn't look for the album yet mainly because I had too much to do for school.

But today I did it.

And yeah, I realized I got arsed again!

Again!

WAAARRRGH!

But meanwhile I find it already so freaking pathetic with that album that I haven't been that surprised and pissed actually :lol: ... that's the reason why I actually just can shake my head on this.

Meanwhile I already know the samples so well I'm getting bored of them already (because I know fucking everything in them, listened to every sample probably about 100 times already ... yes, concerning S-Range I'm crazy :D:rolleyes: )...

EDIT:

Wait a second ... did you say January?

JANUARY???

AAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH!!!

Posted Image

I f*kking overread that. Seriously. I thought it was the 12. december as Chaosunlimited says here for the single! Seriously!

damndamndamn...

:angry:

<_<