making your own virtual synth

Synthedit, free to download here: http://www.synthedit.com/

Very good program, and there are some tutorials on the net to get to know the basics, i've made this one with it:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16091024/

It's my first try, pure basic stuff, now working on something more complex but you have to make sure you arrange everything so it you'll get a clear overview cause when it get's messy you might get stuck, and the hardest part is to create the GUI afterwards, takes too long imo.

This is a screenshot of the synth i'm working on at the moment:

Posted Image

(that's what i mean with messy..)

Very intersting!

i can imagine how you build the synth, but how do you creat the GUI?

in photoshop or similar?

327434[/snapback]

The gui needs to be created in Synthedit as well, but the standard knobs and backgrounds look like sh*t, so you best make those in psp or similar, the knobs on this one i've downloaded somewhere, the rest i made in psp, and currently designing my own knobs for the next synth, but it's quite a lot work cause you need to make every position of the knob separately.

ahh thanks a lot :) . I saw your synth Synaex, looks very nice. If you can do that with this software that's great. I hope I have time to get into this more, from the screen shot it looks really cool. It's also a good way to understand the concepts of sound and sound design.