very dark and fast... hard psy!?

sundrop

hi! :ph34r:

i made this track. at first i was trying to make psytrance but i didnt know what psytrance BPM was. LOL!!! so its a little faster than normal.

also i have problems EQing/mastering to bring the full volume out. if someone has advice please share!!!!!! i am using L3 only.

link is through here (Visit then DL)

http://foem.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1077

cheers,

dave B)

Dude,      I listened and enjoyed.

You should be writing some f**** movie scores. You'll be big at it. Serious.

326513[/snapback]

Thanks!! i always wanted to try movie music.

altho, in my song, you'll find sounds from movies already, so i cant claim credit for all the nice sounds!!

chaotic intro... empty space... what the hell is coming?

anxiety... darkish atmosphere... rise and... breakbeat fields

voice and the kick arrives! techno beats, too messy for my taste, not very enjoyable to the ears... it's dificult for me to follow the story idea, i'm a bit lost... the sub bass is good, but doesn't ground the track also.. i think this is not the right style for me to comment, i'm not into it enough to give you a constructive review :)

Boom

chaotic intro... empty space... what the hell is coming?

anxiety... darkish atmosphere... rise and... breakbeat fields

voice and the kick arrives! techno beats, too messy for my taste, not very enjoyable to the ears... it's dificult for me to follow the story idea, i'm a bit lost... the sub bass is good, but doesn't ground the track also.. i think this is not the right style for me to comment, i'm not into it enough to give you a constructive review :)

Boom

327068[/snapback]

i tried very hard to master this ... there are no redlines ... try and make sounds clearer, fuller. its very tough tho and havent achieved the sound i want!! <_<

i agree the music is quite messy, but i like tunes full of noises.

when i hear a minimal-tune i get bored fast!

its a personal thing :)

thx for the listen and comments

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply, didnt have much time the last week...

all the phasered hats are nice, but a little too dominant compared to the rest of the tune. I demand a little more mid-range action. It's really wicked how you increase the speed and intensity @ 1:30-2:00..

Sounds a little like IDM, but definately darker than most.

It's one of these strange tunes I love despite their wierdness and noisiness (same with Osom - Over Game).. it's not very accessible but very detailed and elaborate. At first listen kinda strange, but you are then rewarded with funny details when taking a second listen. Nice job :)