lsd s samples are not Terrence Mckenna but Ken Kesey

oh and he is a music student i see

but this music has magic in between those technical stuff

this is something that you should read between the lines

deconstructing the songs to understand them would end up in technical bullshit

dancing to them would tell much more

but his tutors may not like that eh :)

326097[/snapback]

I bet you he knows that, but he is writing this for school remember. The fact that he would even write such a thing indicates that he has a passion for the music and understands that there is more to it than just logical deconstruction and analysis. That doesn't make his paper any less interesting. Just a different way to look at it.

[...]

I bet you he knows that, but he is writing this for school remember. The fact that he would even write such a thing indicates that he has a passion for the music and understands that there is more to it than just logical deconstruction and analysis. That doesn't make his paper any less interesting. Just a different way to look at it.

326702[/snapback]

I agree - and in any case, what El Brujo wrote goes for all music...? I should think so.

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting read - I wrote a report on techno and synthesizers approx 10 years back. It's always good fun to see psytrance (especially goa) as sheet music :D

-A

I'd say it's definitly a hard task to analyze psytrance in this sort of manner. Like he said, the main focus of psytrance music is in the timbre, the characteristics of the sound, not the actual melody. There are always more FX, Squelchy sounds, etc... in psytrance than actual melodies. If there are, they are usually really simple and are there to provide backing to the rythm, or they are just one note pads. Though I love how he has the sheet music, that's awesome, I'm gonna compose a goa trance song for the violin now.....haha, and play it is a recital piece. I'll get a friend to beat box the kick, hi hats and snarerolls. Actually, now that I think about it, it would sweet if a whole orchestra composed a psy or goa trance song, complete with pads and basslines. hm.....