What's everyone's views on Downloading?

Dj-Emotion

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know lots of artists who don't mind people downloading their stuff.......as long as they buy it if they like it. wich is actually the philosophy of the mp3 scene...u like a release? buy it...fair enough. don't forget...the one reason the scene exists is to make it possible for people to listen before they buy..so labels actually release some good stuff:p don't forget there are lots of countries where the cd shop isn't just around the corner....

and about these ppl who rip at full quality: thank god for them ;) if they hadn't done so i probably would have only like 5% of the pre-2000 music-knowledge i have now. What else should you do when you really really really want a cd, but you just can't find/buy it? thank you mp3 !

i know lots of artists who don't mind people downloading their stuff.......as long as they buy it if they like it. wich is actually the philosophy of the mp3 scene...u like a release? buy it...fair enough. don't forget...the one reason the scene exists is to make it possible for people to listen before they buy..so labels actually release some good stuff:p don't forget there are lots of countries where the cd shop isn't just around the corner....

and about these ppl who rip at full quality: thank god for them ;) if they hadn't done so i probably would have only like 5% of the pre-2000 music-knowledge i have now. What else should you do when you really really really want a cd, but you just can't find/buy it? thank you mp3 !

326608[/snapback]

word!

326608[/snapback]

really good points..

altho i still think that its wrong to be instantly ripping the new CDs at highest quality and distrubiting them. makes it tough for people to justify buying!!

hopefully the labels will try something like the strategy i mention above.

yeah, if it wasnt for mp3 there are many tracks i would never have heard, or be able to listen to now. like MFG Sunshine!! i wish i could buy the CD but its not for sale.

Guest The Journey Man Project

except from Journey Man bit  who got a bit too angry and offensive .... :D

326353[/snapback]

No I'd say it is at least 25% of my general shitty attitude right now.. haven;t been out of town for at least 6 months

well... to get a bit serious...

I am an student, i dont have a steady income....

You could say "You can't afford it, then DONT buy, dont download". yeah , this way i wouldnt have discovered ALL the psychedelic goa/ambient/chill gems... except in 20-30 years from now maybe ;)

you might say "You cant afford a car, why dont you go steal it"?

it's not the same. i dont break in a record store and steal cd's.

i download. In fact they DONT LOSE any money from me, because EVEN IF i could NOT download, i still WOULDNT BUY cuz i couldnt afford... except maybe hardly 1 cd per month.

326337[/snapback]

just the same over here... exect same situtaion... can't afford it too :(

Mixed feelings about it... but the point is pretty clear I guess... Downloading happens everywhere and almost everyone does it... So be it... But please be fair enough to buy the music you like at least!

For the people that don't know why so many labels are nagging about downloading... if a cd sold 5000 ones in 1997, it would sell +- 500 now... so you almost have to release more commercial music (full on? Progressive house-trance?) if you want to survive...

To people that can't afford it...? Well, I have a monthly income as a student of 300€, with that amount I have to pay the rent of my home, school, gas, electricity, food, water and internet, and still I manage to buy enough cds to have a collection of 800 cds in 6 years... So it's just a matter of spending your money... Also, as a student it is not forbidden to work a little :P

@ Moni, I agree that for Eastern Europe cds should be cheaper, I sold Filteria cds to a Bulgarian guy at a véry low price, but rather a little money then no money and like that everyone can enjoy the music :)

Mixed feelings about it... but the point is pretty clear I guess... Downloading happens everywhere and almost everyone does it... So be it... But please be fair enough to buy the music you like at least!

For the people that don't know why so many labels are nagging about downloading... if a cd sold 5000 ones in 1997, it would sell +- 500 now... so you almost have to release more commercial music (full on? Progressive house-trance?) if you want to survive...

To people that can't afford it...? Well, I have a monthly income as a student of 300€, with that amount I have to pay the rent of my home, school, gas, electricity, food, water and internet, and still I manage to buy enough cds to have a collection of 800 cds in 6 years... So it's just a matter of spending your money... Also, as a student it is not forbidden to work a little :P

@ Moni, I agree that for Eastern Europe cds should be cheaper, I sold Filteria cds to a Bulgarian guy at a véry low price, but rather a little money then no money and like that everyone can enjoy the music :)

327190[/snapback]

you still get paid for being a dj + don't you get cd's for free as a dj ????

+ you need to have original you are a dj, somebody who only buys music for homelistening is different comparing to a dj....

+ you need to have original you are a dj, somebody who only buys music for homelistening is different comparing to a dj....

327193[/snapback]

DJ's might be the biggest sales market for psytrance

i imagine if psytrance was released on vinyl it would sell higher.

(however i dont think that its the best medium for this genre)

327193[/snapback]

Well, the first 2-3 years I was not a dj and I still bought cds, so that's not really the reason :) And djs don't get many cds for free when you play non commercial music, éhé :P Altough I had the first SKAZI from Shaffel for free from them! Skazi paid my cd! hhahaha :D

oops, off topic, well, I can say honestly that every penny I ever had for a dj set was re-invested in the trance scene, and probably MUCH more... but it's my passion, so its great! :)

Well, the first 2-3 years I was not a dj and I still bought cds, so that's not really the reason :) And djs don't get many cds for free when you play non commercial music, éhé :P Altough I had the first SKAZI from Shaffel for free from them! Skazi paid my cd! hhahaha :D

oops, off topic, well, I can say honestly that every penny I ever had for a dj set was re-invested in the trance scene, and probably MUCH more... but it's my passion, so its great! :)

327393[/snapback]

but right now so many years laters.... you earn more as a dj...

it's an investament you made... becoming better or better or is my 'dj vieuw' form beglium so not right...

just asking :unsure:

but right now so many years laters.... you earn more as a dj...

it's an investament you made... becoming better or better or is my 'dj vieuw' form beglium so not right...

just asking  :unsure:

327394[/snapback]

it's pretty wrong... Because of hard concurrence not so many parties make profit anymore, and djs don't get financially what they used to get because of that, but as it is a hobby for me I don't really care B)

I thought it was. Some are available on psyshop.com  :)

327346[/snapback]

very few albums are available on vinyl thru psyshop!!

maybe 1/50 ratio that u can get on CD

maybe more are available in local stores in europe and israel?

but if u try to find these records in north america, its very rare.

Let´s get real.

If you want to support the psycehedelic scene, you will pay to get the cd, if you want to get the music by [downloading it] you are only fucking the artists profit, and that´s real bad because in a few years you´re only get "pop euro trash stick it up in your ass trance" because it´s the only one it sells...

So people, if you like psytrance...fucking buy it.

That´s my opinion.

Peace

Let´s get real.

If you want to support the psycehedelic scene, you will pay to get the cd, if you want to get the music by [downloading it] you are only fucking the artists profit, and that´s real bad because in a few years you´re only get "pop euro trash stick it up in your ass trance" because it´s the only one it sells...

So people, if you like psytrance...fucking buy it.

That´s my opinion.

Peace

327454[/snapback]

back in 1996-1997 mp3z werent widespread ald almost all ppl bought the music. what happened? didnt prevent full-on and pop euro trance slowly taking over a few years later.

it's pretty wrong... Because of hard concurrence not so many parties make profit anymore, and djs don't get financially what they used to get because of that, but as it is a hobby for me I don't really care  B)

327423[/snapback]

didn't know that... I thought you were a well paid dj always... sorry to hear that but you love the sound so ;)

I've sold my timetables or how do you write that... no old skool dj rain :( , needed the money :blink:

Enough :)

327703[/snapback]

:angry::lol::D:D;)B) ok :)

back in 1996-1997 mp3z werent widespread ald almost all ppl bought the music. what happened? didnt prevent full-on and pop euro trance slowly taking over a few years later.

327693[/snapback]

In 1996-1997 only was good goa music in the market...look now.