Blips and blops samples

basicly my question is where do artists usually get all those random sound effect samples, all those blips and zooms. are there any sites? or cds? i searched all around the samples thread on this forums but it seems like all they have is synth samples and drum loops.... any guidelines???

thenx in advence =D

do them by yourself! :)

I usually open a cubase vsti or a Reason subtractor and synthetise the "blips an blops",sometimes randomly sometimes patterned and save them the to wave format...then its just about opening them with your fav. sequencer

do them by yourself! :)

I usually open a cubase vsti or a Reason subtractor and synthetise the "blips an blops",sometimes randomly sometimes patterned and save them the to wave format...then its just about opening them with your fav. sequencer

325317[/snapback]

ahhhhhhhh i see :D thenx!!!!!!

any advice on shich synths to use????

Hybrid synths are pretty good for anything - try http://www.kvraudio.com - I think though you can make FX with any decent synth...

325333[/snapback]

ok... thenx.. and how can i rout it to cubase? i meen save it in cubase as an audio, but add diffrent audios on diffrent audio slots through reason?

ok... thenx.. and how can i rout it to cubase? i meen save it in cubase as an audio, but add diffrent audios on diffrent audio slots through reason?

325352[/snapback]

uhh I didn't understand quite well what you asked... :ph34r:

uhh I didn't understand quite well what you asked... :ph34r:

325358[/snapback]

haha well. when i rewire reason to cubase, i can play the lets say bassline, on the audio line. but, i cant save it such way that that line i specified for that lets say bassline playes the bassline alone. cause when i switch to another line it still plays that bassline, insted of lets say the leads i just loaded on reason... hard to explain... sorry :unsure:

haha well. when i rewire reason to cubase, i can play the lets say bassline, on the audio line. but, i cant save it such way that that line i specified for that lets say bassline playes the bassline alone. cause when i switch to another line it still plays that bassline, insted of lets say the leads i just loaded on reason... hard to explain... sorry  :unsure:

325373[/snapback]

Damn man..

u need to explain better <_<

No i think i understand - but im not sure.

lets say u have 2 synths from reason rewired and midi controlled in cubase eh?

Then u want to solo one of them and when u do it, both still plays?

Solution: solo on the mixer instead of on the midi-tracks!

Damn man..

u need to explain better  <_<

No i think i understand - but im not sure.

lets say u have 2 synths from reason rewired and midi controlled in cubase eh?

Then u want to solo one of them and when u do it, both still plays?

Solution: solo on the mixer instead of on the midi-tracks!

325380[/snapback]

not exactly.. it doesnt matter which i solo. or how many synths i have. the second i change something in reason it automaticly changes in cubase. the question is how do i use cubase as a sequencer? without that cause it kinda screws everything...

just use cubase with some vsts...

the synths (vsts) r better on cubase anyway...

325543[/snapback]

yeah but its too difficult to make good basslines.... =\

not exactly.. it doesnt matter which i solo. or how many synths i have. the second i change something in reason it automaticly changes in cubase. the question is how do i use cubase as a sequencer? without that cause it kinda screws everything...

325457[/snapback]

You need to be more specific.

the second i change something in reason it automaticly changes in cubase

What something? the bpm will change in cubase if you change it in reason and vice versa. reason doesnt really have any influence on cubase, so u need to be more specific about what works for you, and what doesnt :)

<_<

try setting up different VST channels for each reason device. then you can midi control each one from cubase independantly. then after your happy you can bounce them to audio tracks.

dont know if this is what you mean but good luck anyway.

326554[/snapback]

yeah!! thenx alot that helped :D:D

Get a synth/sample with a sound that you want, have it trigger either from a sequencer or your keyboard have some delay on it 3 steps normally. As the note triggers, turn the frequency knob and/or the resonance knob at the same time. Either from midlow to high position, or other way round, you'll hear those bips and blop sounds. You can then record that sound as a sample and use it, or copy that automation for the next triggering of that sound, automations are better as you can make it slighly different each time.

Hope that helps.

Get a synth/sample with a sound that you want, have it trigger either from a sequencer or your keyboard have some delay on it 3 steps normally. As the note triggers, turn the frequency knob and/or the resonance knob at the same time.  Either from midlow to high position, or other way round, you'll hear those bips and blop sounds.  You can then record that sound as a sample and use it, or copy that automation for the next triggering of that sound,  automations are better as you can make it slighly different each time.

Hope that helps.

328274[/snapback]

how exactly do i use these automations? and what exactly do they do? sorry that i sound noobish on that one, but i just do the riffs in the sequencer....

how exactly do i use these automations? and what exactly do they do? sorry that i sound noobish on that one, but i just do the riffs in the sequencer....

328382[/snapback]

Try this... just to give you an idea.

Create a device. Subtractor/Malstrom/NNXT(try using the bass samples)

Create a delay on the device, turn the dry/wet knob to just above the dry side, leave the rest as is.

Make a loop four bars long. On the start of each bar have a note trigger make the first one 1/16/th long, then next 1/8th etc.....

play the loops. You'll hear sounds.

Now as the loop plays, when the note triggers, turn the frequency knob. Those are the blip/blop/zap sounds.

The more you play around the more you'll learn.

As for automation, it is when you record what you've just done, so it would be as if you had turned those knobs again. I suggest you read a cubase/reason user manual before going on any more.