Cytopia looking for new tracks for a compilation

www.cytopia.org

Dear Artists

We are looking for new tracks for release

What we are offering is the following:

1. If your track rocks and is top production, we can have it mastered and released on compilation CD.

2. If your track is good, but not selected for compilation, we can if you choose have it mastered, and released as download on website in WAV format and mp3.

In both cases, you receive a copy of the mastered track which you can do with as you please, including sending to other labels.

The financial details of the agreement can be read on our homepage, basic is artist get 60% of net revenue from release on website, and 40% from CD sale.

If Interested please send demos to

Cytopia Records

Houtmankade 81-3h

1013MS

Amsterdam

or upload to our server, details are on http://www.cytopia.org

All tracks sent will be handled with respect.

Did I read that correctly?

60% of profit from download sales, and 40% of profit on CD sales??

Thats fairly low figures I would say.

If that was what you meant I guess you do show the artists all the figures when it comes to your expenses?

If I may ask...why don't you just base the royalties on figures based on sold copies?

I don't mean to whinch, and I'm sure you are not intent on ripping anyone off....but I just thought you might meant that the percentages is based on revenue rather than the profit .

Thanks you all for your replies.

If I may ask...why don't you just base the royalties on figures based on sold copies?

Please have a look here to get all the details:

http://www.cytopia.org/notes/paymentnotes.php?

Similar figures will be given for tracks released on the compilation.

nick_InZoMNiAC>

check your pm please....

Could you email your pm to contact@cytopia.org so that my colleagues could listen to your track. Thanks

If my tracks rocked and had good production, I'd send them to a more known label.

Of course you could. You have though more chances to get it released with us. As known labels get lots of demos everyday and they miss lots of good music in the process. Saying this we will not compromise in the quality of the compilation (we already have some excellent tracks)

Boom

Cytopia

Thanks you all for your replies.

Please have a look here to get all the details:

http://www.cytopia.org/notes/paymentnotes.php?

Similar figures will be given for tracks released on the compilation.

329117[/snapback]

Ok...there it's said that it's based on "net income" which makes it sound a lot more reasonable than profit.

So I guess it would be what you get in from the distributor/customer minus taxes when it comes to CD's?

Once again. I'm not complaining.

Since it does seem to be based on income it's indeed a quite fair deal.

I just thought it's a very big difference between profit and net income and thought it seems good for both you and the artists to be aware of that.

Did I read that correctly?

60% of profit from download sales, and 40% of profit on CD sales??

Thats fairly low figures I would say.

324825[/snapback]

Actually in the music industry at large that is an amazingly good deal for an artist. The average figure an artist gets from a major label in the mainstream music industry is usually (significantly) less than 10 cents US per CD and they don't see any of that money until all the money for their advances and recording costs have been recovered by the record company (usually the record company's first offer contract is for about 5 cents per disc, which then has to be negotiated up). Often about the only money an artist sees from CD sales are from publishing rights which are paid through different agencies and not their record company.