Favourite Juno Reactor Album

seraph

I will never forget Juno Reactor :rolleyes:

Those guys are a living history I want to believe that none of us forget tracks

like ''Feel the universe''

''Beyond The Infinite'' is my favourite album and why?

Because this album have superb tracks when those guys didn't have all the technology and equipment like artists have now A BIG RESPECT B)

• 9 years later...

I've always felt that Watkins seems to go into his projects with an intense ferocity of being in search for some kind of meaning. The production is not one or two computers but an array of hardware and live musicians. Thusly it is a bit hard for me to be just saying this or that album is better than the other because they all have their purpose.

The last ones has been a bit lacking though, it seems he is testing new grounds and trying to find new avenues of inspiration. But what he was really good at was to amalgamate the harder industrial elements with the more vast and expansive trance elements. I guess this is why he got to do a bit of soundtracks.

Beyond The Infinite & Bible Of Dreams are probably the most well known and the most need to have albums. Transmission is a pretty damn good relic with music that still sounds damn good today. Unfortunately the rest of the albums has a wide dispersal of both tracks and influences and is generally a lot harder to follow. Labyrinth is good but I can't really say that it is a complete album because it is a compilation of Matrix tracks on top of new productions. Labyrinth would have been nice as a mini-lp with only the new productions excluding the already released matrix tracks.

I have forgotten Shango, but I like it very much. Unfortunate choice on the LP though to put the Nitrogen tracks on the c-side (the CD is mixed which I don't really like all that much) instead of the Solaris track, otherwise it would have been a wonderful double vinyl.

The rest of the albums I haven't heard all that much... I have the golden sun but can't remember how it sounded :/

Beyond the Infinite is the best for me. It's a stone cold smoking GOA classic. But it's the least varied, and JR have never released a linear album excluding of course Luciana :)

I presume Bible of Dreams is their best if you consider quality and variety.

I never bought Gods & Monsters for 'non electronic reasons' -_-

Their last album is just amazing though.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Of what I own

Transmissions

Luciana

Bible of Dreams

Labyrinth

Beyond the infinite

Shango

Golden Sun of the Great East

Odyssey

Gods and Monsters

Transmissions is so old (23 years and counting, God I'd sleep with girls who weren't born when this was released) but still so good to listen to. Luciana needs the right moment but when that moment hits, it's perfect :wub: