The track names, the album names...

Guest al3xandar

Guest al3xandar

Today, whole day I am listening to Delta Aquarids, Total Eclipse' album, as you know...so nice melodies and ... great album! I like it so much, but I vomit when I see the names of the tracks...

Ms Frenkenstein...Free Lemonade...Can't do that...

why don't they make story with the names of the tracks, as Ra does, as Pleiadians do, as many other artists out there do...this is great album, with lame names...and the name of the album is meteor shower...visible in summer...man! nice name of the album...

Guest al3xandar

Hahaha, u should check the recent IM albums and the weird names they have there. Not that it matters anyway.

323932[/snapback]

I just want a story...

I have a prime, non-psy example of good track titles: Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells 3.

The Source Of Secrets

The Watchful Eye

Jewel In The Crown

Outcast

Serpent Dream

The Inner Child

Man In The Rain

The Top Of The Morning

Moonwatch

Secrets

Far Above The Clouds

The whole album tells a story musically too.

Guest al3xandar

I have a prime, non-psy example of good track titles: Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells 3.

The Source Of Secrets

The Watchful Eye

Jewel In The Crown

Outcast

Serpent Dream

The Inner Child

Man In The Rain

The Top Of The Morning

Moonwatch

Secrets

Far Above The Clouds

The whole album tells a story musically too.

323937[/snapback]

that is what I wanna see...thanks!

Nooo! Music is supposed to be serious... or half-serious at least. The track titles are like poetry - making the music better if they're good. :)

Nooo! Music is supposed to be serious... or half-serious at least. The track titles are like poetry - making the music better if they're good.  :)

324098[/snapback]

:D cinos I'm starting to like you :P;)

Nooo! Music is supposed to be serious...

324098[/snapback]

Maybe to people like you, but don't generalize.

Just like Prio Alea said, I also like funny music. It's very hard to make quality funny music though... there's not too many on this field... mostly finnish stuff I'd say (and maybe Japanese :) )

But "serious" music has it sides too. Well, I'm not sure should you use adjective "serious" really... I mean, is the goal of the music to make you serious? not really, I'd say. But anyways, I neither am not always mood for suomi madness... sometimes I feel very naive and sometimes a bit sad... alone... clueless... everything that and million things more :) but to every mood I usually find something enjoyable.

:)

Free Lemonade is a cool title.

at least I think so :)

Psyhedelic Terrorist is a stupid name IMO...

I don't care about the names that much...

if the music is great I'm already happy  :)

324032[/snapback]

yea since this is such an abstract music i think there isnt any point of giving it good names , the musics wat it matters afterall.

but i got yer point bout the stories alex . :)

Guest al3xandar

yea since this is such an abstract music i think there isnt any point of giving it good names , the musics wat it matters afterall.

but i got yer point bout the stories alex . :)

324185[/snapback]

you better put some story names on Apsara 2 or I am gonna kick your ass off... :D

streight from here! :angry::ph34r::lol:

Maybe to people like you, but don't generalize.

Just like Prio Alea said, I also like funny music. It's very hard to make quality funny music though... there's not too many on this field... mostly finnish stuff I'd say (and maybe Japanese :) )

But "serious" music has it sides too. Well, I'm not sure should you use adjective "serious" really... I mean, is the goal of the music to make you serious? not really, I'd say. But anyways, I neither am not always mood for suomi madness... sometimes I feel very naive and sometimes a bit sad... alone... clueless... everything that and million things more :) but to every mood I usually find something enjoyable.

324137[/snapback]

You didn't get the idea. I like it when music conjures landscapes and places in my mind. "Funny" music fails to do that, it's just stuff that you dance to. And not on the "higher level" evocative music has.

You didn't get the idea. I like it when music conjures landscapes and places in my mind. "Funny" music fails to do that, it's just stuff that you dance to. And not on the "higher level" evocative music has.

324375[/snapback]

Care to explain what I don't get?

Also, again, you generalize as if funny music couldn't create such high level atmospheres as "serious music" can. That's just your subjective outlook towards music.

To me funny music brings sometimes so high level euphoric feelings that it's almost too much to handle. "serious music" doesn't do this. To me, at its best, funny music tops f. ex. psy-ambient (what wouldn't top psy-ambient?... boring :lol: ) any day, any time.