Female vocals wanted

RTP

Okay, I'm looking for some tracks with good female vocals. Not good singing, but good voice, you know ... and preferrely sounding arabic!

Hol Baumann - Benares ... that is the best example I can give of the vocals I want, because the female in it sings with an arabic touch to it ... wonderful :rolleyes:

Etnoscope have some nice female vocals too ... the best ones in the direction I search are in King Size Rizzla, they have also a good arabic touch!

Bluetech - Prophetic Sines has also some nice female vocals ... no arabic touch here, but I like them :)

I do NOT want female vocals that sing a text ... and I don't want vocals like in Talpa - The Moon ... they are good, but they don't sound arabic and the voice is somehow ... well, I don't like it...

Does anybody have recommendations?

I know tikal has one on it's first release... I think... :unsure:

and electic universe - cosmic expierence first track also... the intro...

hope I helped you out ;)

check out: Makyo - Natasha

and more by them, nice arabic chillout music

323420[/snapback]

I listened to their song Devadasi (In Dub) and it's pretty good.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

son kite-let us be

lish-fresh

psykovsky-lastbus madrus

323687[/snapback]

I know the first two ... Let Us Be is very good actually, I forgot to mention it :) ... but Fresh isn't what I want ... it's the voice, I don't know, I don't like the voice in Fresh so much...

definetly

star sounds orchestra - music for qigong dancing

if i remember correctly it was the first or the 2nd maybe the third :P track

but worth checking out

so good

turkish in a dialect of one of the ex russian countries

i understand some words and miss some

but definetly good singing

• 2 weeks later...

have a go for Natacha Atlas

she sings wonderfully in the style you like

323684[/snapback]

I had a go.

Well, nice voice, really, this comes good for some moments indeed ... but hmmm ... the power isn't here. Jag the voice through a distortion, pitch it up and add THE bassline and I'd be happy - even if THE bassline might be unoriginal :D

(I'm just saying that because I'm not in the mood for it, right now I'm in the mood for closing my eyes, feeling beat and voice and energy, you know...)

Dead Can Dance - Cantara

(from within the realm of a dying sun)

Hmmm ... I know Dead Can Dance ... I mean, I know their style. Not my cup of chai. But not to be an ignorant I checked this tune and ... well ... it's as I have expected ... Dead Can Dance isn't the right stuff for me (though this tune is better than the rest that I know of them) ... I really dislike the voice for a reason I can't explain...

I must try that Star Sounds Orchestra tune...

Art Of Trance - Octopus (Man With No Name Remix)

... at 5:08 there is a beautiful woman voice that sounds Arabic.

333058[/snapback]

Mmmh ... it doesn't sound arabic to me ... a tiny little bit maybe, okay.

But I don't know ... I don't find the combination with the voice so good, I mean, the voice belongs there, that is right, but ... you know, it's like the voice would be a synth, integrated into the track and the music, it does not stand out you know ... it's somehow a same usage of the voice as in Talpa - The Moon only that the voice sounds much softer, sings no text and has no peaks and the music is different...

:blink: WTF, 10 Euro for the Star Sounds Orchestra ... at SATURN?!

Saturn is one of the most expensive and commercial stores when it comes to that music...

Maybe they plan to take the stuff out of the shelves as it doesn't sell, that would be the only reason I can think of to give it away so cheap :huh:

Must look there...

kaya project and angel tears

323715[/snapback]

exactly

angel tears 3 and 4 (ppl say 1 is very good too, but didnt hear it yet)

and kaya project - walking through