Shiva Chandra

lumpi

Has anyone already heard/bought the new album of Shiva Chandra and can give some opinions about it? I only listened to some samples at random online shops until now and I have kind of mixed feelings about it... did I hear some cheesy, almost euro trance there? And even some mediocre try in full on? Can´t be true, what, for God´s sake, happened to the master? Please tell me that I´m terribly wrong, otherwise it would be a major disappointment. :( I´d be glad for any opinions concerning his new album

I'm curious too... didn't hear it yét...

shiva chandra always stuck to their style since 1996 I think so  :unsure:

323072[/snapback]

:huh:

What ?

And you considered yourself as some trance expert ? His first album was his only psy/goa related album, every next one he went more and more progressive and minimal...I am sure that by now he completely even thrown effects after throwing melodies 2 albums before the last one...

:huh:

What ?

And you considered yourself as some trance expert ? His first album was his only psy/goa related album, every next one he went more and more progressive and minimal...I am sure that by now he completely even thrown effects after throwing melodies 2 albums before the last one...

323093[/snapback]

I was wrong about that one true...

do I consider msyelf as a trance expert... bwah I don't know... I know things but make mistakes like everybody does...

I forgot how the 1996 sounded sorry ;)

he didn't went fullon...

same minimal concept as we are used to know but more melodic once & while...

still those typical basslines...

I am sure that by now he completely even thrown effects after throwing melodies 2 albums before the last one...

:lol:

To me the samples don't sound as bad as expected though...

I got the same "boring" impression when I listen to the samples...

But I've bought the album because it was Shiva and I got all his other cds.

Still, I didn't receive it yet [i'm having problem ordering at psyshop right now].

But, i'll come back to you with a review or something when I'll receive it. [if I receive it :( ]

:ph34r:

well it's not that special... if someone's find it's boring I understand...

but it's shiva chandra style and not fullon style so I'm still a bit happy :D

Has anyone already heard/bought the new album of Shiva Chandra and can give some opinions about it? I only listened to some samples at random online shops until now and I have kind of mixed feelings about it... did I hear some cheesy, almost euro trance there? And even some mediocre try in full on? Can´t be true, what, for God´s sake, happened to the master? Please tell me that I´m terribly wrong, otherwise it would be a major disappointment.  :(  I´d be glad for any opinions concerning his new album

323064[/snapback]

I think the CD is ok if you really love the others Shiva Chandra album. I recommend it if you are a fan. It's true sometimes its a bit cheezy, BUT, it's still Shiva music. It's not my favorite album [witch is Gecko], but it's still a good cd, a bit different but good...

:ph34r:

I have enjoyed most of Shiva's albums.  Positive, Auricular, and Subsonic are my favorites.  This album does not live up to those albums.  It's not bad but it's not great.

327258[/snapback]

true but that's the feeling I always had/have with shiva chandra

Shiva Chandra always feels cold to me. That can be a good thing if you're in that mood, but my moods are rarely that minimal. Nonetheless there are some nice tracks, change of air itself i like, there's something eastern about it, and passing by crystals has a hilarious sample of some girl saying "I seen some crystals do some pretty trippy shit" which then gets fairly driving.

However it still has a hollow feel, not enough melody or something; more like the stuff I'd hear on my local pirate dance station than the stuff I'd want to hear at a party or listen to in my bedroom. Personally I never liked this style so I'm prejudiced; the only chandra track I really like is "Family". And I don't even like that in the way I usually like a psytrance track. So I'd give this album 6/10 for good production but failing to get exciting but if you're a fan of chandra's style who knows you might really like this.

And no. It's not a cheezy eurotrance CD. Not by a looong shot.

I was never a big fan of Shiva Chandra - I liked a lot of the releases as his sideproject Auricular though. The only Shiva Chandra album that I kindda liked was "Subsonic" - ironically also his worst according to many of his dedicated fans.

I couldn't at all connect to his latest album "Change Of Air". The melodies seem off-tune, the samples are corny and the grooves are weak - to be honest I found the whole thing kind of pointless. That's more or less the case with a lot of the "german" progressive at the moment - especially the stuff coming out from labels like Sinn Tec (with a few exceptions).