Infected Mushroom single - Streched (19 september)

Shpångul

Streched CD Single release : September 19 (2005-09-19)

1. Shakawkaw Live with Mayumana (from the supervisor launch party)

2. Streched (Album Version)

3. Cities of the future (Time lock remix!)

4. The Beauty and the Beat (Mastered Version)

:blink:

( Infected mushroom website )

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's dynamite! Or...?

AFAIK The Beauty And The Beat is an older track, right? Looks like the only thing interesting here...

Oh, this reminds me of what Damion Psyreviews had to say about the IM live show he attended @ Sonica:

Special Sonica mention must go to Infected Mushroom, who laid down a live set that was without doubt the worst fucking din I have ever heard in my life. The singing was off key and sounded like spastic karaoke, the lyrics don't mean anything, the guitar was pure Spinal Tap and seeing everyone go mental to it made me feel like a man with two dicks at a fat lesbian convention. I have sat through support bands at University indie gigs better than this (does anyone else remember Sharkboy? Thought not.) If Infected represent the current state of popular trance, then what I'm into isn't trance. They represent the very very lowest common denominator -- in fact to call them this is an insult to low common denominators.

I would sooner listen to R Kelly's I Believe I Can Fly while having my toenails pulled out by a naked Oprah Winfrey and her slightly fatter sister.

I would sooner have my teeth set fire to by people dressed as Disney characters.

I would sooner contract every type of cancer all at once, while watching Police Academy 7 in three different languages simultaneously.

:lol:

/DP

AFAIK The Beauty And The Beat is an older track, right? Looks like the only thing interesting here...

321840[/snapback]

I don't know if its still there now, but IM was giving Beauty And The Beat away on their website at full 320k back around the beginning of the year. My impression was (and still is from listening to itagain ) that is was simply ok, but sub-standard for IM compositionally at best and figured that IM was giving it away for that reason. To be honest, I am surprised it is on here unless they did some serious tweaking to it since they uploaded to their site.

I heard the singin on infected indeed sucked big time @ sonica...

but it won't on the release cause it's not live so ...

who knows if this is going to be good....

Ok sorry i informed everybody..

I think infected suck nowadays..

and i was on Sonica too, INFECTED WAS THE WORSE SET EVER

i heard ppl yelling "boooouu!!"

Ok sorry i informed everybody..

321896[/snapback]

why say sorry no need for that ;)

Get this.

"Two Weeks before the release,israeli orange cell phone owners will be able to download the tracks as ringtones & TrueTones." 

Pop trance.  :blink:

321918[/snapback]

:lol:

why say sorry no need for that  ;)

321948[/snapback]

Yeah man - no need to say sorry... This is a trance forum, and no matter how you feel about it, IM did had something to do with trance once... So it's all good - post what you want man... :)

/DP

IM's earlier stuff was great. Unless they go back to their Classical Mushroom / Gathering days I don't think (m)any people on this forum will appreciate their sound.

322278[/snapback]

that would be like Skazi turning to ambient.

The Gathering was a great album but i doubth they will ever create anything CLOSE to this level... not even half there..

They have the capability still.  ;)

322311[/snapback]

yés they do off course look at the chill cd of converting vegertians... masterpiece...

maybe they have still skills but not for goa anymore :(

Personally, IM is like the last thing i wanna see live

they have come to my city 4 times last year, and its already booked to play 2 times this year

i had already seen then many times and they peform those lame "shows" :angry:

i wont even boder looking at this single

There is going to be a party in about three weeks where they are going to play here in an huge commercial one ( as they always do)

i am going to be far away at a small festival at another state

Anyway i think that their music is the most overated thing ever on the psytrance scene

i bet they are out of inspiration.

322349[/snapback]

I don't think so. I mean they have chanced their style with every album. If they were out of inspiration they would make the same styled tracks again and again (like GMS).

Infected Mushroom.....

IMO they were the best in psytrance scene from 1999 - 2001....

...and now they are one of the worst.

That's probably the biggest letdown in the scene (Skazi was never much, right?)

The thing that annoys me most is that they still try to be in the PSY scene, although their music isn't psy anymore...

I don't think so. I mean they have chanced their style with every album. If they were out of inspiration they would make the same styled tracks again and again (like GMS).

323750[/snapback]

changed styles but still crap.

what i mean is that i think they cant write some good psychedelic music anymore,