your favourites in tech-/microhouse/idm

what is your favourites albums in this genre?? I seriously need to explore this/these genre, so please make some suggestions. to me these 3 genres are very similar, because they all contain the same stuff I like about them:

minimalism, spareness, cold/clinical feeling to them ... and sometimes starkness... and they usually have some dark athmosphere which I like too.

I wish I could contribute with some more stuff than this, but the only 4 bands I've liked so far are:

Kraftwerk

Monolake

Autechre

Rene Breitbarth

microhouse and minimal techno are currently the biggest source of creativity in electronic dance music. really! check out some of the stuff from ricardo villalobos, akufen, matthew herbert, and the Kompakt label. really cool stuff, atmospheric and detailed, always pushing for new sounds and vibes.

thanks auryn, sounds like you got a hang of what you're talkin of.

just thinking out load ...microhouse could be artists who has a microwave in the house...

more suggestions plz!

machine drum

richard devine

scsi-9

luke vibert (not exactly idm, but close)

like idm and some techno,

don't like microhouse

:)

never heard of microhouse  :unsure: , what the hell is that  :huh:

321467[/snapback]

Find the "sami koivikko - live at mixclub" set - I believe thats mostly microhouse, and its great :-)

Psychedelic, Weird, Fresh and Well mixed.

why is that man, hate labelling the music or the stupid annoying comments and site design?  :D

321528[/snapback]

stupid annoying comments and site design ;)

About the genres: whatever they're just stupid labels...

So far I don't like anything with those harsh rhythms, plops and clicks and random cold melodies. I'm sure that, eventually there's something I'm gonna like... but to me it's mostly dead music that is only about form. It has no content and no interesting atmosphere. My ears hate it. I can listen to it only for a few minutes.

I do like it when it's warm and melodic, like Ulrich Schnauss, but his music is too different from what is meant here I think.

Rain, don't take Ishkur seriously. It's just his opinion and he's mostly taking the piss anyway.

I don't know many artists in this genre, but surely one of the pioneers is Richie Hawtin under his "Plastikman" guise. You'll find it either extremely subtle and innovative or extremely boring. It teeters on the edge for me.

Maybe LFO - Frequencies too.

Rain, don't take Ishkur seriously.  It's just his opinion and he's mostly taking the piss anyway.

322158[/snapback]

you know the webdesinger or what are you saying ??? :unsure:

Have you read his website? He obviously respects electronic dance music off all kinds but doesnt take it over-seriously. Infact, i quote from www.ishkur.com/music:

If you hate the guide, then you obviously didn't take it with a pound of salt like you were supposed to. Go take your anal-retentive sense of humour elsewhere.

It's just his opinion. I find his comments mostly pretty funny actually.

Have you read his website?  He obviously respects electronic dance music off all kinds but doesnt take it over-seriously.  Infact, i quote from www.ishkur.com/music:

It's just his opinion.  I find his comments mostly pretty funny actually.

323146[/snapback]

well it's not that bad but there are some stupid genres... Buttrock Goa??? wtf

also... he says "Goa would be the best music ever if it wasnt for the fucking hippies"

:rolleyes:

Have you read his website?  He obviously respects electronic dance music off all kinds but doesnt take it over-seriously.  Infact, i quote from www.ishkur.com/music:

It's just his opinion.  I find his comments mostly pretty funny actually.

323146[/snapback]

didn't read that sory like I said I hate that site so don't read it :)

it was hard finding many of the titles you recommended.

I have some new discoveries in this genre though. nothing really fantastic, but still worth to check out:

ferenc - fraximal

m.r.i. - rhythmogenesis

novatek - exhibition

Subway - Empty Head

Triola - im Fünftonraum

Find the "sami koivikko - live at mixclub" set - I believe thats mostly microhouse, and its great :-)

Psychedelic, Weird, Fresh and Well mixed.

321541[/snapback]

I like Sami Koivikko very much, seen him two times. You should try his homepage, there's some mixes for download.

Anyone into Thinner?

I love their experiments in minimal electronics, especially microhouse.

321715[/snapback]

Man I'm like the biggest fan of Thinner! I've downloaded their releases from 1 to 52 (I don't have always access to fast connection so I don't have them all). I think their best stuff are the older releases by Digitalverein, some older tracks by Curse, Paul Keeley - Sussex Blue EP and Baier/Box - Boxing/Unboxing EP.

BTW I don't think IDM is similar to tech/microhouse.