Ableton Live

Plof! and somebody fall here for the first time.

My first post here, I´m from Spain (Madrid, but living in Barcelona), today I was talking with a friend about the situation here of the psy culture. Every collective discuss with the other, not so good energies, and not so good parties. But it´s truth that a few people make things with love. Recently the only international festival called Omni festival has broken, and falled into the darkness... :huh:

Ok, what I´m suppose to talk about is Ableton Live. Everybody say that Cubase has nothing to do versus Live!, and here I don´t see any post of this Software.

Somebody use it? I would like to know what´s the concept of Resampling in Live.

Any Sound engineer?

All the best.

Live! is designed for the stage I believe. I don't know much about it, when I gave it a try (I got Live Lite 4 with my M-Audio Keystation 49e) I was pretty confused by the interface - for me simplicity is a must in the main window - leave the complicated interfaces on the synthesisers!

Check out the website anyway, you might find some decent information:

http://www.ableton.com/index.php?main=live

you believe wrong my friend.

Live is not only for the stage, it´s a new concept of electronic music creation, it has two sections.

1) Loops

2) Secuencer (like cubase)

When in Cubase you spend 5 minutes in do some operations, with live it takes a few seconds. Do the first tutorial, it´s show the power.

Live has a better audio engine. Don´t you know that steinber stole code of ableton?

I have used reason for some years. And now with the 3.0 version they have created a very good complement to Cubase or Live.

I have study all the manual of Reason, and it´s really good for experimenting new sounds and modulations.

Also I use MAX/MSP

And I used Cubase for a long time, but when i discovered Live, everything changed

The beginning is strange, but is a really hide power software, when you discover it.

Nobody uses it? :(

Hola, hey como estas? yo soy de Alicante pero vivo en Boston. nada tio a ver si nos mantenemos en contacto.

Chris

My first post here, I´m from Spain (Madrid, but living in Barcelona), today I was talking with a friend about the situation here of the psy culture. Every collective discuss with the other, not so good energies, and not so good parties. But it´s truth that a few people make things with love. Recently the only international festival called Omni festival has broken, and falled into the darkness...  :huh:

Ok, what I´m suppose to talk about is Ableton Live. Everybody say that Cubase has nothing to do versus Live!, and here I don´t see  any post of this Software.

Any Sound engineer?

All the best.

320827[/snapback]

I find Live very simple to use

but it is perfect for livePA

really good for drums and short melodies.

but terrible for quick stopping/starting, bad for long melodies and complex.

I believe Live is designed for house and techno music.

for composing the midi editor is nasty, worse than reason's

Who wants to press ctrl+1 and crtl+2 everytime to draw a long/short note.. grr

if anyone knows how to use the MIDI composer interface better please give me tips!!

My first post here, I´m from Spain (Madrid, but living in Barcelona), today I was talking with a friend about the situation here of the psy culture. Every collective discuss with the other, not so good energies, and not so good parties. But it´s truth that a few people make things with love. Recently the only international festival called Omni festival has broken, and falled into the darkness...  :huh:

Ok, what I´m suppose to talk about is Ableton Live. Everybody say that Cubase has nothing to do versus Live!, and here I don´t see  any post of this Software.

Any Sound engineer?

All the best.

320827[/snapback]

Yeah I use it =) It's fantastic!

Greets everyone! First post here! =) From Finland hollers this one.

I use Ableton Live, 5.0 now.. I threw Cubase and Sonar literally out of the window once I discovered Live. It's far more than a live performance tool, seriously! I'ts sound mangling options like the clip envelopes for both audio and midi, which for one instance, give you possibility to automate every single parameter available in a software synth for, an example an 8 bar MIDI loop, which can create pretty psychedelic sounding shit if you know what I mean? =) Also there is the main sequencer automation which is separate from the clip envelope automation.. Also, jamming, creating percussion and so on, have nerver been so easy! When you have loops in the loop sequencer and you jam around with the master record on, it automatically saves everything into the sequencer.. Which is also an extremely fast way to move ideas from your head to reality.. Try it, you will not be disappointed! =)

Greets: Tweeka

As soon as I get my credit card back I am going to buy ableton live, but do you think it would be more worth it to buy 5 over version 4?

I found a website with a midi controller and version 4 for the same price as version five, I think the midi controller would be very useful.

I've only used the demo version of 4 so far and absolutely love it, it's exactly what I've been looking for in audio software, confusing at first but the tutorials explained it and it's so easy and simple

Did you realize of the Wrap function? (tutorial 1) it´s amazing :rolleyes:

I think Ableton has changed the way of the electronic music making.

Respect version 5 Vs 4 it seems that Version 5 brings good stuff (like work with mp3, and some good effects), for the moment I´m going to stay wtih v4.

Well, nice to see people using this software here. Hasta la vista!

Hola, hey como estas? yo soy de Alicante pero vivo en Boston. nada tio a ver si nos mantenemos en contacto.

Chris

320849[/snapback]

Y porque to no hablas Ingles? ;)