My friend is sick...

ProSect

My friend is sick...

I had many friends before I met her, but all of them was quite boring and same. Myself is a rebell - my soul just screamed for a change. I was surrounded by those whom haven't seek for a new world, most of them lacked of innovation and creativity, most of them was a part of the main stream.

We've met in 1997 for the first time. No word can describe her... Colourfull and full of positive emotions, she brought an endless smile to my face. I could never imagine there is such thing on this boring planet. It hasn't took too much time to fall completely in love with her. Through the years I've seen the changes in her mind, she was like a child that gaining knowledge and experience, good or bad, but I still saw her beauty which was growing paralelly with my passion to her. Also I've met her family, her brothers and sisters, they took me in, like I was one of their own.

Previous years were hard in our relationships, I wanted to leave her, but someting still attracted me and if I could look deep inside the map of my heart - some part still belongs to her. I think she's dying mentally, she has some illness - that's why she had lost her colours, her shine, her individual beauty, she started to think like everyone else in her race.

I've took her to the clinic. After a professional researches the results said that she's got a "Commercial Syndrome" with a "Megalomania Symptoms" which lead to less creativity in her life. Doctors said that there is no medicine to help her, only with fresh innovative ideas translated to love that must come from your heart. But more and more, her organism started to avoid different kinds of recipes that me and many different talanted people around the world "cooked" for her...

Sometimes when I look into her eyes, I still see her, the truly her. We need more love to save her, and those who able to help should use their brains completely, any unconsidered move will gain up the illness.

My friend is sick,

her name is Psychedelic Trance.

Peace & Love

ND

Guest The Journey Man Project

Very nice... I felt like this for a long time and then I stopped going to the big party's in my home town and threew small ones with close friends an some of their friends, was nice and all we played was the early innovative styles... then we grew up a bit and I decided I'd had aneough partying, but still there is an addiction, I can listen to other music, but this music that is sick calls me back. I hardly spend money now except on older cd's, and I really do await the arrival of a new time of love and spirituality in this scene, it's coming but it will take a while. the whole world is sick and it's infected many things.

I have the same problem. Last week we were at a festival, on the dancefloor where me and her connect very good, or at least used to. We were there, but there was no connection, no chills going down my spine, no goosebumps, no infinite smile, nothing. As i was hopelessly trying to communicate as spontanious as possible like the first time we met, the mere trying to be spontanuous made it impossible. For the first time with here on a dancefloor i felt like there was something wrong. Was it something about her, did she indeed become ill, or has she just been abused too much, raped one time too many. Or is it just me that has changed?

Who is to say? I will keep following what she is doing, hoping that one day she'll find renewed energy, she'll get back to her old self, and remeber that something special isn't achieved through conformism! I will not lose hope though, and for sure will not forget the unbelievable moments i had with here, which i treasure in my hart like nothing else. Luckily i can still get goosebumps from those memories, or else i would just be a lost boy in a miserable world. Those memories help keep me on my feet, they tell me that magic is no fairy tale thingy, no firebolts cast by ancient magicians in some long forgotten time. It is omnipresent, open for all to see, hear and feel. At least that is a thought nobody will ever take away from me, i am eternally grateful to her for that.

I forgot to mention that she's got a parasites in her blood "MP3 Virus" :P

Don't understand me wrong, as Frantic said I'm still following, believeing and enjoying B)

ND

I forgot to mention that she's got a parasites in her blood "MP3 Virus"  :P

ND

320339[/snapback]

Bullshit piracy doesnt kill music, piracy only kills commercial music...

you love music? You will create it. not for the fucking money. for your fucking self, and for the fucking crowd.

moni > each year I can find good releases, less or more but they exist for sure.

nick > chillout dude :) I'm making music that I love. Don't wanna enter the endless discussions about that, but it also damages the small labels and the original music. Maybe not directly but it does... I also agree that no need in mp3 complaining, its here no way back so better just think of helpfull stuff.

Bahamut > believe me I got many friends :) Jazz, Chill, Dub, Electrom Bigbeat, Drum & Bass, House etc. But you know, PsyTrance were much more attractive before :)

ND

ProSect, I just feel exactly the same way as your original post. very nicely put. I had this friend too, and sick is what she is.

remember when psytrance was friendly and nice to listen to and well arranged and inspired? not just an endless barrage of noise blasts and bass slammed into a limiter with breaks thrown in every 16 bars so you don't actually get into a trance at all? Those rave/club inspired dancefloor teasing tricks don't seem to actually work you toward a state of hypnosis do they?

psy producers really need to think about the music they want to produce. Don't start a track thinking "hey, I'm gonna make a psy track... okay, what does a psy track need? uhm, a bassline that goes daggadadaggadadaggada. and squelchy noises too. and a big break. oh, and a sample from some spacey movie."

Instead try to tell the story you want to tell, use the elements you want to use. What do you want the track to do? What function does a sound have? Try to avoid randomly throwing in drops, breaks, squelches - people can tell you're just randomly doing stuff and lose interest (unless they're really high, in which case they'll dance to anything)

The quality of classic tracks by koxbox, hallucinogen, astral etc etc etc is mostly in the arrangement - the tracks tell a story. Most modern tracks focus on one "massive/killar" riff or sound introduced somewhere in the track, the rest is mostly random breaks zaps and squelches. That just sounds like lazy arrangement to me.

Come on psy producers, get your act together. Think outside the box.

nick > chillout dude :) I'm making music that I love. Don't wanna enter the endless discussions about that, but it also damages the small labels and the original music. Maybe not directly but it does... I also agree that no need in mp3 complaining, its here no way back so better just think of helpfull stuff.

320482[/snapback]

Sure m8 :) i was just in a hurry and forgot the smilies, let alone that i needed to unleash some anger.

:D

B)

Guest The Journey Man Project

Was listening to Tantrance 6 today... and I realised that even the fucking hi0hats they use intodays trance are monotmos crap!! There is no inspiration in any of it!! This is beyond sick, it's like a cancer that started small and has now infected infectedsomething, making what was good now just tired and used... as with everything, once it is is abused it becomes old and boring.

Bullshit piracy doesnt kill music, piracy only kills commercial music...

you love music? You will create it. not for the fucking money. for your fucking self, and for the fucking crowd.

320461[/snapback]

aww come on dude, people still got a right to make a living... and to get paid for their work... you still got to go buy food at the end of day. some musicians don't anything else but that... i think is only fair to get something in return for it...

aww come on dude, people still got a right to make a living... and to get paid for their work... you still got to go buy food at the end of day. some musicians don't anything else but that...  i think is only fair to get something in return for it...

320598[/snapback]

true but around 75% of their living is made from Live Acts/sets

true but around 75% of their living is made from Live Acts/sets

320623[/snapback]

we always get in this discussion huh? :)

im not saying don't go and download or whatever... cause everyone knows whats is going on these days. all im saying is, it don't hurt to go buy a cd you enjoy every now and again. just to support the artist, make a small investment let them know you like what they are doing... thats all