what would you recommend?

Lemmiwinks

so I have to shamefully admit that I haven't listened to any new psytrance for about 2 months now... was thinking of "getting back in the game" but would like to start off with something really special. So any suggestions in new releases?

Asia 2001 - Amnesia 2CD - Avatar Rec. Remastered + Unreleased Tracks.

Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception - SunDance Rec. Very melodic and twisted! Recommended!

Mr Peculiar - Mind-Dala - Sonic Dragon Rec. Nice full-on.

VA - Moon Unit - Apoxina Rec. Darker side, but still psychedelic! Neuron Compost, Grapes of Wrath and Cosmo included.

Para Halu - The World Of Peace - Parvati Rec. The best dark release so far this year for me.

Squaremeat - Astronomical Coffee Break - Exogenic Rec. Suomi =)

Among all these good CDs I'd recommend Nystagmus.

VA - Moon Unit - Apoxina Rec. Darker side, but still psychedelic! Neuron Compost, Grapes of Wrath and Cosmo included.

Ah yes, that one is great! especially the Neuron Compost tracks... (check out my neuron compost topic)...

Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception - SunDance Rec. Very melodic and twisted! Recommended!

Among all these good CDs I'd recommend Nystagmus.

320214[/snapback]

I would have to second this....if you are looking for good downtempo, I'd recommend the newest Ultimae release- VA- Albedo....excellent new music from Solar Fields, Aes Dana, Hol Baumann, Carbon Based Lifeforms... :)

For the more uptempo stuff, i've been listening to and would recommend:

VA- Subculture (Acidance)

VA- Global Alliance (Fragile Planet)

VA- Nowhereland (Vertigo)

Ocelot- Vector Selector (Dropout)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I agree with those who proposed Squaremeat - Astronomical Coffe Break & Ocelot - Vector Selector.

I'd add:

SCI Forest - Fetish Box (6D Soundz) =>psy japanese a la TF

Chamar - Chamaring vol.1 (Tod Aquarium)=>psymelodicgoa from japan

for both , have a look on my full review here ;)

Psyfactor - Evil Inside (Trishula) for the dark side isn't bad also

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

there's also Mandalavandalz - Poinsonmachine (i've got a demo), delayed twice, currently announced for the 29th august on saiko.

About Chamar's album it's only availaible on saiko, & the price has decreased so ... B)

as lemmy hates those neo dark stuff

and absolute hate progressive

and loves melodic morning uplifting stuff

i cant really give a very new release advice

but i can give two mindblowing tracks that i think you may like it, perfect for this moment

and its relative new ;)

so do you wanna know?

is

PROMETHEUS- OK COMPUTER

PROMETHEUS - NUMBER CRUNCHER

the guy is a genius

and its absolute good to start

correct me if i'm wrong, but

isnt it 'optokoppler' ?? would make more sense too!

322843[/snapback]

yés i know but i don't care about spelling people now what I mean.... ;)

he said he liked Kindzadza.

322844[/snapback]

he did?

well that is kind of a suprise to me

Kindzadza is "new" but is not neo

althou doest not make the classic dark sound, is just russian dark and is very psychedelic, i can see why he liked

what i meant with those neo dark is those lame dark full-on like Azax sydrom and Psychotic micro

he did?

well that is kind of a suprise to me

Kindzadza is "new" but is not neo

althou doest not make the classic dark sound, is just russian dark and is very psychedelic, i can see why he liked

what i meant with those neo dark is those lame dark full-on like Azax sydrom and Psychotic micro

322891[/snapback]

kindzadza and friends is different and more neo then kindzadza orignal truste me ;)

thanks for the recomendation Stalker but I actually have Robot-o-Chan (don't really consider that as being "new"...) and can't really say I like it... it all sounds "soulless" to my ears. However I might just give it another listen while we're at it...

And to put an end to the Kindzadza discussion: I said that I found his new album (Kindzadza and friends) to be MUCH better than the first album which I didn't really like... that said, out of this year's darktrance crop I prefer Para Hallu and Ocelot ;)

But yes, I'm a morning freak, I crave some good oldschoolish melodies more than anything else :)