Tiesto Trance

voomzap

as psytrance has more and more commercial directions, I wonder how many of you go to mega-raves and actually enjoy that...?

What do you people around here on this forum think about commercial trance from the likes of Tiesto and should it be called Trance?

besides cino's loving it i think he should have stopped releasing V/A compilations after his 54th cd... you know... world tour-turing doesn't pay the bills... ;)

in all seriusness i remember i enjoyed one of his cd's... i think it was the 4th... maybe the 5th... of his.. magic compilations? i don't remember... besides that i really haven't heard anything from this cat in a while... point being... you can still be a known DJ and kick ass.. look at picotto... his live sets from 3-4 years still blow the tiesto away... i guess it was different subgenres... so let's take kai tracid for example... i heard one of his live sets mid 1993 it was borderline hardcore... :o

if you do what you like and if that brings you money's all good but, if you do what brings you money and you are happy about it... then... hmm.. :huh: i guess thats cool too :D

point being there's reasons why these DJ's are extensely touring outside europe/ the international trance circuit these days (if there is even one)... my guess is... nobody wants them there :unsure:

Faar too cheezy for me.

Every time I hear another one of these horrible supersaw leads, I want to scream in terrible agony.

But tastes differ :rolleyes: ... I'm just pissed off by the tons of so called "trance" releases that sound all the same. Where's the innovation?

tiesto is moderating the goatrance forum in holland like I said before and I asked him what his plans were...

he wants to make goa...

but his producers says the crowed isn't ready for goa and he has to wait and use trance first to make money and then use goa to make money...

it's pure for the money.... they responded...

so tiesto will be entering the goa scéne one day....

320089[/snapback]

Can't wait to hear some Hypersonic VS Tiesto collaboration. Gonna be mega sweet.

And BTW, he does NOT responsible in any way for how his tunes sound. He has producers that do this job. He's just sitting there and doing lines or whatever.

Just wanted to make sure that you are aware of it.

320089[/snapback]

so will madonna and britney spears... mark my words ;)

I love some of his old tracks, the remix of Southern sun for example.

320094[/snapback]

i understand back in the day... still never saw what was so special about that track... never liked it :(

so will madonna and britney spears... mark my words  ;)

320097[/snapback]

Madonna already did.

Check out Above and Beyond's remix to "What it feels like to be a girl"

And tell me if it doesn't sound like Ticon/Son Kite.

http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hur...6550&cid=600111

i didnt have my say about it yet, so

to me Tiesto as a person is a nice bloke, my opinion as a lover of underground trance however is that it stinks big-time. I'd say it is all easy-cheesy garbage-trance. He would never play hydrophonic, point, let alone the real dark stuff so he's defenitly not supporting the roots and todays most groundbreaking producers.

Its not complaining from a pilgrim who's seen the light, just a statement.

I don't rate psytrance much higher than epic trance. I don't like the majority of both styles. But I'm very picky with trance in general.

As for Tiesto, I don't like his own tunes. But I saw him once on Mallorca and he played a hard, energetic and uplifting set and I had a great time.

tiesto is moderating the goatrance forum in holland like I said before and I asked him what his plans were...

he wants to make goa...

but his producers says the crowed isn't ready for goa and he has to wait and use trance first to make money and then use goa to make money...

it's pure for the money.... they responded...

320089[/snapback]

ofcourse the tiesto on the goatrance.nl forum is a big joke

tiesto is moderating the goatrance forum in holland like I said before and I asked him what his plans were... he wants to make goa... but his producers says the crowed isn't ready for goa and he has to wait and use trance first to make money and then use goa to make money... it's pure for the money.... they responded...

320089[/snapback]

I just read that conversation you had with him, you first asked him if he 'Really was Tiesto', 'Tiesto' immediatly responded with "yes, give me your e-mail adress and send me a sandwich with cheese and you're on the guestlist of my next gig..."

LOL - then you said 'no thanx, but i have some questions'...' blablabla

hahaha you really think Tiesto is moderating the Goatrance NL forum...???

Posted Image a shout-out to Goatrance NL

Before anyone here has any authority to speak about Tiesto, you need to give an honest listen to all of his compilations and albums first. For what it's worth, some of the worst trance I've ever heard is psytrance. A lot of psytrancers seem to have this elitist technophile attitude about how great Goa/psy is and how crappy anything else is. Music is what it is; nothing more & nothing less. Goa trance as a genre is one of the most amazing types off music there are, but for sheer feel-good-euphoria-mind-trip music some of Tiesto and artists of his kind can't be beat.

Tiesto's compilations Magik 1 and Magik 2 could very well be some of the best trance I've ever heard in my life. You'd be pretty hard pressed to call it pop trance. If anything, I'd call it dream trance, but it's some powerful stuff.

For something that's a bit more 'mainstream', if you will, there is Magik 6. IMO Magik 6 is probably the best trance compilation of all times, bar none. For a more chilled trance, the same could be said for his In Search of Sunrise 3: Panama.

Sadly, his later stuff is kind of crappy, but then again most trance produced these days doesn't suit my ears very well.

And while I'm ranting, enough of this "gay" shit.  As a gay guy, I find it to be the one of the most lame and childish slang terms around.  It sure says a lot about the people who use it.

320241[/snapback]

I've heard lots of his stuff and I wasn't blown away by it. Never. Actually we are talking about this music in general, not only Tiesto, but PvD, Armin van Buuren, ...and I must say I liked PvD, I was 15 maybe. But when I grew up I understood that this is the most commercial dance-music. It's created to gather thousands of different people that can have fun, take ecstacy and enjoy these tunes from the first listen - catchy melodic sounds, star dj's, numbers of lasers, etc. IMO, this music lacks soul and spirit, but psytrance doesn't (and I'm not talking about shit, I'm talking about a hundred classic albums out there). ...and what does it take to create a tiesto-trance-like track - Dance E-Jay? <_< Have you ever questioned yourself why there are so many trance-producers and so few people that know them? Everything you know are the StarDJs

And this gay shit... I don't find this to be childish at all. If FP says gaytrance, he means trance but a bit different, trance that has nothing to do with trance. And it doesn't say anything about these people because most people I know would act this way. Didn't want to offend you, sorry, but come on... Tiesto? <_<

UPD: Not very nice of you to edit your comment and delet few lines. Shame on you! ;)

Before anyone here has any authority to speak about Tiesto, you need to give an honest listen to all of his compilations and albums first.  For what it's worth, some of the worst trance I've ever heard is psytrance.  A lot of psytrancers seem to have this elitist technophile attitude about how great Goa/psy is and how crappy anything else is.  Music is what it is; nothing more & nothing less.  Goa trance as a genre is one of the most amazing types off music there are, but for sheer feel-good-euphoria-mind-trip music some of Tiesto and artists of his kind can't be beat.

Tiesto's compilations Magik 1 and Magik 2 could very well be some of the best trance I've ever heard in my life.  You'd be pretty hard pressed to call it pop trance.  If anything, I'd call it dream trance, but it's some powerful stuff.

For something that's a bit more 'mainstream', if you will, there is Magik 6.  IMO Magik 6 is probably the best trance compilation of all times, bar none.  For a more chilled trance, the same could be said for his In Search of Sunrise 3:  Panama.

Sadly, his later stuff is kind of crappy, but then again most trance produced these days doesn't suit my ears very well.

320241[/snapback]

The undisputable fact that some of the worst music out there still doesn't takes away from Tiesto being a tasteless cheese maker. If i really want to hear a good club trance i'd play BT anyday. Atleast the guy understands music and in fact teaches it in Berkley Uni and also makes most of his music by himself. Tiesto is just a knob pusher, his music excites me no more than Celine Dions moanings.

Just a honest opinion. I had to suffer 3 years of Tiesto from my neighbours in army. Sometimes i honestly considered to use my M16.

His first CD was mint. Not cheesy and epic. The second one had a few flashes of genius, but overall was bad.

And no, it's not "gaytrance". You just can't appreciate anything else than psy. So shut up.