Ka-sol - Scraqp

Manuser

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that he did enjoy it, but that kabamaru seemed unpleased beside ZILLION of new releases and his precious Twisted records he simply has to hate anything reinvented... <_<

317818[/snapback]

While Seraph The Shaman is stuck in 8 years ago and unable to enjoy anything that's not from that year OR from this year and manipulating stuff from that year.

While Seraph The Shaman is stuck in 8 years ago and unable to enjoy anything that's not from that year OR from this year and manipulating stuff from that year.

317832[/snapback]

WHAT ?

I am not stuck buster, I have heaps of new stuff as well, I just happen to like MOST stuff that was made between 93-00, there is plenty of new stuff I enjoy, check whole bloody site and my posts and you will see, where you little exclusive 'dick' enjoys in Shpongle, Chicane, Juno Reactor and FEW others, so don't give me that crap.... <_<

I fully agree. What's so special about it? That it sounds like a 97 release only with better production? In general I find Apsara boring and predictable. I'm not sure there is a point reinventing old-skool goa. As much as I love those days, old-skool goa had its day...

317762[/snapback]

THERE IS POINT IN REINVENTING OLD SCHOOL !

FULL STOP

317789[/snapback]

There's a point in being positively influenced by old skool goa, but not to imitate it...

i would say..

BRING OLD SKOOL BACK, with BETTER PRODUCTION & INNOVATIVE elements...

WHAT ?

I am not stuck buster, I have heaps of new stuff as well, I just happen to like MOST stuff that was made between 93-00, there is plenty of new stuff I enjoy, check whole bloody site and my posts and you will see, where you little exclusive 'dick' enjoys in Shpongle, Chicane, Juno Reactor and FEW others, so don't give me that crap.... <_<

317838[/snapback]

I enjoy music by quality, not the release year. Everything you like is old or made to sound old. :P

I enjoy music by quality, not the release year. Everything you like is old or made to sound old.  :P

317843[/snapback]

Cinos, you should listen to the 1st chill out cd on

VA - South Africa 2000 (etnica.net)

very shpongle / juno reactor (ish) the whole album through. although no sphongle and juno reactor tunes... :blink:

i give it 10/10. i have a suspicion it would be right up your street.

I enjoy music by quality, not the release year. Everything you like is old or made to sound old.  :P

317843[/snapback]

Hey little one, when I started listening to trance in 1995 you were 8 years old for god sake !

And you are telling me now that I am 'limited' bastard... :huh:

You have no idea in how many releases I still enjoy, most of my friends consider me that I don't even have specific taste in Trance music cause I happen to like almost everything ( from acid trance over old school trance to Goa and Psychedelic through minimal, progressive and even some full on )...I enjoy in TRANCE STATES, I am ENTRANCED, I don't listen to the music on intellectual level as you... <_<

I think that he did enjoy it, but that kabamaru seemed unpleased beside ZILLION of new releases and his precious Twisted records he simply has to hate anything reinvented... <_<

317818[/snapback]

wait till you see my "Twisted" t-shirt... :P

Hey little one, when I started listening to trance in 1995 you were 8 years old for god sake !

And you are telling me now that I am 'limited' bastard... :huh:

You have no idea in how many releases I still enjoy, most of my friends consider me that I don't even have specific taste in Trance music cause I happen to like almost everything ( from acid trance over old school trance to Goa and Psychedelic through minimal, progressive and even some full on )...I enjoy in TRANCE STATES, I am ENTRANCED, I don't listen to the music on intellectual level as you... <_<

317850[/snapback]

Yay, aren't you a multi-culture hero!?

I personally listen to everything from classic to melodic to breakbeat to techno to goa, which is slightly more than you. All of the genres you listed basically fit under one description: "like it used to be".

I personally listen to everything from classic to melodic to breakbeat to techno to goa, which is slightly more than you. All of the genres you listed basically fit under one description: "like it used to be".

317855[/snapback]

Cut it mate. Where's the respect?

Everyone's allowed to listen whatever they want and not feel guilty about it. The purpose of music is to give something to you... it doesn't matter what kind of music it is that delivers you emotions and feelings.

:)

317855[/snapback]

All of the genres are under TRANCE genre...I have heaps of other genres as well, but I am not going to argue with youngster anymore...

All of the genres are under TRANCE genre...I have heaps of other genres as well, but I am not going to argue with youngster anymore...

317866[/snapback]

Yes, bail out when it gets too hot. You might get a -god forbid- new perspective on things.

There's a point in being positively influenced by old skool goa, but not to imitate it...

i would say..

BRING OLD SKOOL BACK, with BETTER PRODUCTION & INNOVATIVE elements...

317840[/snapback]

Word up :)

317855[/snapback]

<_<

Cut it mate. Where's the respect?

Everyone's allowed to listen whatever they want and not feel guilty about it. The purpose of music is to give something to you... it doesn't matter what kind of music it is that delivers you emotions and feelings.

:)

317864[/snapback]

Amen.

Glad to hear some positive words on this album. I ordered it two weeks ago & looking forward getting home to give it a listen.

What's so special about it? That it sounds like a 97 release only with better production? In general I find Apsara boring and predictable.

hey now I can see why one would find Apsara predictable (although anything BUT boring): it uses the same oldschool formulas... but then again, what's that compared to the tons and tons of releases who use the full on or dark trance formulas? Or the "progressive psy" releases who limit themselves to copying fucking club music?

But anyway, unlike other tracks on the Apsara comp, Ka-Sol truly is 100% innovation, I dare you to find a SINGLE oldschool melody or synth preset in there. It brings back the oldschool feeling because it's wild, energetic and has a lot of layers but it doesn't sound anytyhing like other oldschool. Hence it's the best 05 release for me. But of course, tastes can differ, obviously...