GOA TRANCE VS PSY TRANCE

Ale

Psytrance is the big umbrella under which all of the sub-genres lie as far as I'm concerned. It's just simple evolution. In the beginning there was Goa Trance. People started thinking it was silly to call the style Goa Trance as it continued to have less and less to do with Goa in India, so they started calling it Psychedelic Trance. It was abbreviated to Psytrance. It's all Psytrance I say. The good, the bad and the ugly of both old and new schools.

Actually I prefer what Anoebis called Psychedelic Goa Trance.

318586[/snapback]

Yep, I agree. There's both Psychedelic Goa Trance and plain Goa Trance.

I prefer Psychedelic Goa Trance (new school and old school artists), it's more twisted still melodic.

Don't know what to call Electric Universe, Fractal Glider, Psydrop or Talpa though.

Full-on with Goa influences?

Don't know what to call Electric Universe, Fractal Glider, Psydrop or Talpa though.

Full-on with Goa influences?

321118[/snapback]

I know exactly what to call them. Psytrance. Forget the intellectual masturbation. Rage Against the Machine is Rock and The Beatles is Rock. You're just slappin yo salami.

....but Silicon Sound is not full on dude... ;)

321096[/snapback]

I think the best example you can give of fullon... especially morning fullon...

come on those basslines.... together with melecia and astrix they were one of the first in 2002 - 2003 to start the fullon hype...

look at their track the shell... later released is pure fullon my friend ;)

I have the original 'pure analog' album cause I wanted it so bad as starter of the morning fullon...

it was al great in the beginning but didn't last :(

I know silcoun sound starts with many fullon releases as first track and the lowest bpm and most smooth but their debut album is pure fullon sorry ;)

Intellectual masturbation. Whatever. I think it's good to define genres. This way it's easier to describe what you like and find more of the same...

321210[/snapback]

I don't mean to offend you. I'm an ignorant cunt, I'll admit it. I just think it's ridiculous for someone to try and poll whether or not Goa is better than Psy. Modern psytrance, in all of its forms, is an evolution of Goa Trance. Categorisation can be both the bane of a musician aswell as a useful descriptive tool.

I don't mean to offend you. I'm an ignorant cunt, I'll admit it. I just think it's ridiculous for someone to try and poll whether or not Goa is better than Psy. Modern psytrance, in all of its forms, is an evolution of Goa Trance.  Categorisation can be both the bane of a musician aswell as a useful descriptive tool.

321232[/snapback]

Yes I totally agree. But who knows, this poll might be fun to atleast someone out there(?) :)

I HATE GOA. BLARRGGHHH! It makes me want to jam a screwdriver in my ears. Personnaly i like inovation. Get with the times people, music has evolved.  :o  :ph34r:

320932[/snapback]

Simply as that Goa music is about innovation and not about cloning (im talking about psy-wars : Attack of the clones ever saw it? ;):P cause ive seen it. ) its about showing new styles of psychedelic composition , personalities and unique styles that everythings packed in a genre called goa-trance.you´d better get with time cause Goa has evolved aswell... ;)

full on all the way. goa is too slow. i spin nrg aswell so i prefer the harder, pure pumpin evilness :D

322952[/snapback]

goa to slow... I'll give you some goa that's faster then any fullon in melodies ;)

if by slower he means kicks per min, then theres not a lot of goa trance faster than full-on.

but i guess goa psy trance has the fastest mind blowing, twisting melodies. so i think goa can be a lot faster in the musical sense than full-on, even tho the bpm is slower.

:blink:

well...

I prefer Goa Trance because:

Goa uses psychedelic teknology, psy uses psy tecknology. psychedelic teknologuy has better than psy sure it is yeah.

also goa is starts with letter G: more powerful, more magic: God, Guru, Gun...

and also compare with psy: P letter: piss, prick, pollution.... dirty lame letter.

so also you can see that for all reason tried i to explaine and analies to you- goa trance better sure one thousand than psy.

yeah, I chose psytrance man, because the first album I heard was x-dream's radio, of course then I listened to hallucinogen and etnica.

323065[/snapback]

I understand ;) , go see a doctor :P