GOA TRANCE VS PSY TRANCE

Ale

well there is indeed a difference between psytrance and goatrance...

psytrance started late 1999 until 2002 as mainstream music... then fullon arrived as mainstream...

as some may say releases like classical mushroom are not old skool but the pure definition of psychedelic trance...

EDIT: i prefer goatrance off course... B)

you used the name newschool... seraph said that and at the belgian goa forum they started already topics about new school... now you are but using it wrong... new school is not fullon...

damn you seraph, you influence to much :lol:

I still prefer GOATRANCE ! and I repeat I know B)

well there is indeed a difference between psytrance and goatrance...

psytrance started late 1999 until 2002 as mainstream music... then fullon arrived as mainstream...

as some may say releases like classical mushroom are not old skool but the pure definition of psychedelic trance...

EDIT: i prefer goatrance off course...  B)

you used the name newschool... seraph said that and at the belgian goa forum they started already topics about new school... now you are but using it wrong... new school is not fullon...

damn you seraph, you influence to much  :lol:

I still prefer GOATRANCE ! and I repeat I know  B)

316531[/snapback]

Well, to be honest Filipe used the term New School already in 2004, and I have even read reviews of Filteria using that word, so I doubt it is Seraph's invention...

But on topic, Who can tell me the difference between psytrance and goatrance? As in the early days the music was simply called...

Psychedelic Goa Trance

Well, to be honest Filipe used the term New School already in 2004, and I have even read reviews of Filteria using that word, so I doubt it is Seraph's invention...

But on topic, Who can tell me the difference between psytrance and goatrance? As in the early days the music was simply called...

Psychedelic Goa Trance

316538[/snapback]

new school is for me full on and progressive

99% of today stuff is full on / progressive

new school is for dancefloor and don't have complexity

artist like Talpa, Filteria, Goasia are more old school oriented due to use latest technology to reissue old school vibe

Psychedelic Goa Trance

316538[/snapback]

the first time I heard it was from seraph that's why ;)

psychedelic trance is less waves and more like in the beginning little psychedelic sounds and at the end a big climax...

goatrance is waves from the beginning....

you can say of my theory morning fullon has that mark to like psychedelic trance... true but morning fullon has other mark that are more typical... and this one is also one of them...

artist like Talpa, Filteria, Goasia are more old school oriented due to use latest technology to reissue old school vibe

316553[/snapback]

that is totally incorrect don't spread wrong information, you don't create the names.... the comunity does ... <_<

Psychedelic Goa Trance

316538[/snapback]

i cannot see much of a difference, except a clever marketing scheme to differentiate the new sound from the old, as there was time when the word goa was a bit jaded in the 'scene'... except in this forum... obviously

i cannot see much of a difference, except a clever marketing scheme to differentiate the new sound from the old, as there was time when the word goa was a bit jaded in the 'scene'... except in this forum... obviously

316578[/snapback]

with the psychedelic trance coming up the technology for creating sound got much better...

classical mushroom is thousand times more crystal clear sounded comparing to other old skool releases back then...

316553[/snapback]

what's the music twisted for example releases then?

Psychedelic Goa Trance

316538[/snapback]

i refer nu skool not as a new genre but only as we are from a new skool and not from an old skool like astral projection , transwave etc..

cheers.

goa will always just be called goa.

Anoebis is right.

stupid question

we all know what the outcome here in psynews is going to be

well i would say that GOA is PSYCHEDELIC...

most of the music i listen i classify as "PSYCHEDELIC GOA"....

of course there are some tracks that dont have many goa elements[goaish melodies, basslines etc]... so i say that they are just psychedelic or maybe darkpsy or whatever.

Remember that the borderlines are not clear and some sort of music cannot be strictly categorized.

stupid question

we all know what the outcome here in psynews is going to be

318585[/snapback]

don't know about that there are many psytrance fans here... the classical mushroom fans :)

Goa (Old Skool) is great music. Can make me travelling.

However, it makes me too mad.

Three tunes, then my mind is overloaded.

Psy (New Skool) can go on forever without my mind overloading - that's because it's simpler and all that ... I know many people complain about that and I say it shouldn't get too simple either, but keeping in mind that I'm rather into progressive and scando I must say that I'm rather a psy than a goa fan...

goa trance Vs Psy trance...Rolling Stones Vs The Beatles...Marlboro Vs Camel...Hash Vs Skunk...Mushr00mz Vs acid...Britney Spears Vs Christina Aguilera...Real MAdrid Vs Barcelona...LA Lakers Vs Boston Celtics...Massive Attack Vs Portishead...Jenna Jameson Vs Laura Angel...Sepultura Vs Slayer...George Lucas Vs Steven Spielberg...

Pizza Vs Pasta...etc....

hey guys i prefer olD school thrash metal! YO!

goa trance Vs Psy trance...Rolling Stones Vs The Beatles...Marlboro Vs Camel...Hash Vs Skunk...Mushr00mz Vs acid...Britney Spears Vs Christina Aguilera...Real MAdrid Vs Barcelona...LA Lakers Vs Boston Celtics...Massive Attack Vs Portishead...Jenna Jameson Vs Laura Angel...Sepultura Vs Slayer...George Lucas Vs Steven Spielberg...

Pizza Vs Pasta...etc....

first sensible reply if you ask me! thanks man! :D how many times do people need to continue to discuss on these subjects... BORING!!!

Pizza Vs Pasta...etc....

319179[/snapback]

then I prefer some dope beats! YOO

:lol:

I HATE GOA. BLARRGGHHH! It makes me want to jam a screwdriver in my ears. Personnaly i like inovation. Get with the times people, music has evolved.  :o  :ph34r:

320932[/snapback]

good things are designed to stay.

we still listen to bach . :D

what do you like then? Neo-full-on?

good things are designed to stay.

we still listen to bach . :D

what do you like then? Neo-full-on?

320941[/snapback]

Touche. Nah I dont really dig Neo-full-on actually. My preference is Psychedelic Trance with emphasis on the Trance part. Too much so called "psytrance" these days doesn't really have a trance element. Or if its faster than prog it gets lumped in with Full-on. Stuff like Protoculture and Silicon Sound are what i like.