Antix poll...

Guest Rain

I say 'lull' big time... :D

Discuss about the differences... ;)

Lull is the best because I believe it's more psychedelic, less trancy, less melodic and the pure defenition of intilligent minimal...

Antix plays more with psy sounds on 'lull'...

what do you say ?

I say 'lull' big time...  :D

Discuss about the differences...  ;)

Lull is the best because I believe  it's more psychedelic, less trancy, less melodic and the pure defenition of intilligent minimal...

Antix plays more with psy sounds on 'lull'...

what do you say ?

316387[/snapback]

My second post here, kinda obvious it would be in this thread ;)

I voted for Lull, but it's really hard to decide cause you really cannot compare these two albums with eachother, they're two totally different things.

With 'Lull' Antix surprised the world with their minimalistic organik groove sound, deep minimal music with no strings attached, no cheese, and definitly an unique new sound, so obviously the impact of this album was much bigger then the second release wich everybody who liked the first, desperately was waiting for.

And it turned out good for some, and less for others.

I definitly like Twin Coast also, it's a beautifull album but totally not what we were expecting after the first release, you can't say they didn't evolve, cause they did, but like i said, in a slightly different direction, a little more mainstream sound, more emotion, but still there are some original antix touches there, wich i truly appreciate, so for me it's kinda 50/50.

The second is better. They (one of them actually) are coming to Israel this weekend. I still ponder if i shall come. Cause it's not really a dancefloor music for me. It's too fucking slow. It's nice, i like to play it at home sometimes, but it's not dancefloor for me.

Hmmm. Decisions....

Lull.

TCD is good, but it lacks this 'psychedelic' touch that Lull has. Being an orthodox trancer, I must say that psychedelic music has be 'psychedelic' in the first place, u know...

Still I enjoy listening to both of them.

I agree with amphiton, Lull was somehow more psychedelic that Twin Coast Discovery, but to me his second one is smoother and more liquid...So, I can't actually choose between...maybe Lull... :)

I voted for Lull...there are a few tracks on there, 'Chase' in particular, that I completely fell in love with. I was kind of disappointed with Twin Coast Discovery...while I thought it was very well produced, I found it to be far too on the housey/clubby tip for my tastes (like its been mentioned here previously, not enough psychedelia)...Also, I felt with this latest release they seem to have lost a bit of the originality in their sound, which is what made them first stand out to me a few years ago...these days it seems they are sounding less Antix and more Iboga....

I saw Antix a few months back, and enjoyed both his live and dj set very much...perfect for a sunny morning...the music is good, I'm just a bit disappointed with the direction they are taking...let me know what you think!

Gonna see Antix in a few hours, i'll let you know what i think :lol:

318158[/snapback]

antix fking rocks :D

Hard to choose, really... I mean, I voted for TCD because I was a bit bored of prog trance, was getting too much into the housier side, and suddenly they release this cd which renewed my hopes...

another 'plus' side of TCD for me is that it was tested under all sorts of different set and settings, and it was great in all of them!

I totally disagree its not or less psychedelic! Man, track 3, come on, thats fking great psychedelia imho! Just look at those visuals that come up in the end, the atmosphere, the whole deal... not to mention its a perfect party stormer :)

but lull is also great too :)

I still have to see them live.. october in brazil I will :)

Recommend his best stuff cuz i think i 've not heard anything of him yet...

would prefer his most "psychedelic-influenced" one....

318853[/snapback]

ok so, you mean tracks or cds?

they (they are brothers) released these 2 full cds, and a few tracks on comps here and there...

are you at all into prog stuff?

ok so, you mean tracks or cds?

they (they are brothers) released these 2 full cds, and a few tracks on comps here and there...

are you at all into prog stuff?

318859[/snapback]

albums preferrably, tracks are welcome as well...

depends on your definition of prog...i would say i like progressive that uses some psychedelic sounds...

i liked JAIA - FICTION and MAGNETRIXX - WIRED for example

I say get both antix cds hehehe

Twin Coast Discovery, the latest one, has as highlights track 3, 6 and 8 imo... check those ones first if you dont want to get it all

and also get Lull, which is their cd from 2003

on the same year another very good cd came out, which was Phony Orphants - Symphony ... at that time I rated them both in more or less the same level... (though nowadays Im not such a big fan of P.O. anymore... emok has excellent taste, but jeppe's more dark and 'old' aproach doesnt reach me so much...)