Best Oldschoolers...

seraph

hallucinogen.

i mean koxbox, pleiadians, cosmosis, they're all great, but in the end hallucinogen just has that extra bit more, those melodies that reach further the production and creativity that still amaze me today.

still IFO was an amazing album, the old koxbox stuff, was great transwave another classic, and as far as good straightforward melody work goes, total eclipse still puts a smile on my face

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard, I know but what would happend if I haven't named them all ?

I already forgot about Eat Static and was flamed.... ;)

325186[/snapback]

Might I suggest... er... no, actually, it's ok... um... this is the way out, yeah? Ok, I'll see you later...

<trips over doorstep>

Might I suggest... er... no, actually, it's ok... um... this is the way out, yeah? Ok, I'll see you later...

<trips over doorstep>

351568[/snapback]

OMG, Colin...

I can't believe myself...:o

*hides in the basement until papa Colin say to go out...*

Of those in the list my favorites are Astral Projection, Hallucinogen, X-Dream och Man With No Name.

Although I voted for MWNN (tracks like Teleport and the remixes of Schönenberg and Boney Incus comes to mind) the others were just behind. AP is big favorite, I have all albums and I really like them all. My psy/goa started with AP so they are my origin in this genre. :D

I put my vote for Hallucinogen, mostly because he has the most univeral sound and amazing producing skilles, and always has since the day of dawn. He is the true master!

But at the time (old school times) I was accually listing more to the israilien music like Astral Projection, Califonia Sunshine and M.F.G and Sandman off course! :rolleyes:

<trips over doorstep>

351568[/snapback]

fishing for compliments are we mr OOOD? :lol::P

(your gonna have to get that changed by the way. its too similiar to OD. my lawyer says i have a strong case.)

fishing for compliments are we mr OOOD?  :lol:  :P

(your gonna have to get that changed by the way. its too similiar to OD. my lawyer says i have a strong case.)

352264[/snapback]

Yeah, I was, actually... it gets lonely out here sometimes as you'd be surprised (or not, maybe) how many people leave OOOD off lists like these. All that probably means is that at the time we weren't as influential in real life as we thought we were, in our little bubble! (and no, I'm not fishing now, just holding my hand up to a bit of ego...)

As for the name, you can zarking farwark off. :P I'm not quite as Out Of My Depth as I used to be... but the OOOD is here to stay! :lol:B)

Yeah, I was, actually... it gets lonely out here sometimes as you'd be surprised (or not, maybe) how many people leave OOOD off lists like these.  All that probably means is that at the time we weren't as influential in real life as we thought we were, in our little bubble!  (and no, I'm not fishing now, just holding my hand up to a bit of ego...)

As for the name, you can zarking farwark off.  :P  I'm not quite as Out Of My Depth as I used to be... but the OOOD is here to stay!  :lol:  B)

353340[/snapback]

You are right man, I forgot many names, and you are one of them, your music can be called influential, don't be so modest...;)

I simply love your two albums and one of the best psychedelic songs ever OTHERWORLD...OMG ! If you only made one full album in such crazy, wacked, brilliant psychedelic style...

I still haven't heard your new album, but I will try to get it as soon as possible. ;)

As for the name, you can zarking farwark off.  :P  I'm not quite as Out Of My Depth as I used to be... but the OOOD is here to stay!  :lol:  B)

353340[/snapback]

Ok fair enough. I think you probably had that name longer than i had mine.

*sigh* :(

:)

edit: and dont worry dude, your music is fantastic. ;)

• 1 year later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

X-Dream

Green Nunz

Total Eclipse

Transwave

Man With No Name

Sid Shanti & The Chillum Wallahs

Astral Projection

Hallucinogen (and all his goaish side projexts)

The Infinity Project

Space Tribe

Electric Universe

and way tooo many oootherz!! so that's where datz at!

I was listening to The Mystery of the Thirteen Crystal Skulls cd yesterday and it struck me how totally awesome Doof-The Second Revelation is. The best track on the album for me. Are all of his tracks like this? I can't find any mp3 on Doof to check them out.

Oh, and I also can't see the poll, but the only oldschool goa artist I really know very well and like very much is Cosmosis, although I like his later stuff just as well.

I was listening to The Mystery of the Thirteen Crystal Skulls cd yesterday and it struck me how totally awesome Doof-The Second Revelation is. The best track on the album for me. Are all of his tracks like this? I can't find any mp3 on Doof to check them out.

Oh, and I also can't see the poll, but the only oldschool goa artist I really know very well and like very much is Cosmosis, although I like his later stuff just as well.

631954[/snapback]

I have no idea what happened. It seems strange that options and votes are gone... :unsure:

631954[/snapback]

I think, from the doof I've heard that most of his stuff isn't quite like that. Most has a little less umph! & a lot of his tracks are very slow (good though :))