Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception

amphiton

How wonderfull Ananda is. As the chorus kicks in, we are hurled into an almost psychedelic water. I think this track is anything but melancholy. The last peak of the song makes me feel very alive. Even though this song lacks a hard kick, the song is still quite dancable.

I love their smaller tracks also, they make the album really fun to listen to.

Tommy is dead is very well done. I love when the piano changes to that synth. ( I dunno what you would call it).

• 1 month later...

Great album, I can't get enough of the stories told by this music :rolleyes: , yeah and accually telling a whole story (with actual words) in "tommy is dead" is a great idea! Does anybody know who is the guy telling the story, as said its sounds like the same guy in Talpa - People are like animals... he has a great story telling voice for sure...

And to all those people still babling about infected ripoff, get a life! :lol: Filitera has the "same" sound as Plaidians... ;) (more than Nystagmus sounds like infected IMHO)... But I don't see any problem in getting inspiration from other artists... Well most people does that...! I just think its nice somebody as has taken up what was left of Infected heritage after they morphed into crappy cormmercial singing euro trancy shit IMO! As acts like Nystagmus, Talpa and The Misted Muppet has done! Why should epic styled psy trance die there? :huh:

• 1 month later...

Man, I was diggin this stuff a little. I'd have to say he over uses the samples. I absolutely love the actual music in Tommy is Dead, and in fact it does go with the flow of the story which is nice. But the story just ends up overshadowing the entire song. It's like I can't really get that much out of the music because of the sample.

I like it though, probably would give it an 8/10. The thing is though, after comparing Consciousness to the Shen, I just stopped listening to them and started listening to Infected. Which kind of makes me like them a little less. I'm a big melodic psytrancer, and I think anyone who makes melodic psytrance has got to take some influence from Infected, but thats a little too much. He does difine his own sound on a few tracks well. But something like this would never happen while I listen to Talpa. You can compare Talpa all you like to Infected, but I think that comparison is just because they share the same sub-genre of a genre.

it is not a full infected rip off.. infected uses more logic melodies.. nystagmus melodies are more crazy and unlogical sometimes.; baslines are also very different.. but some tracks have a real infected feeling.. still one of the better 2005 albums

• 1 year later...

just gave this album a listen...

I got a little tired of the drug samples, but then a lot of people have sub-par sampling.

Not extremely psychedelic, about to the point where you're communicating non-verbally but not yet to time travel.

ABout the Infected discussion...

It was quite obvious when i listened to it... it's like the spacesuit guy said but one step further

The song is called "Consciousness" to explain the fact that in the back in the day Infected was in their own league... but that now the next generation of producers is taking their learnings a step further. I haven't listened to both at the same time... but I knew when I first heard "Consciousness" that it was meant to fill in and serve as a new experience with a trip that we already know and love... and take it even further.

I thought it was bloody brilliant. ;)

• 7 months later...

This was an interesting release. I liked the way the sounds were melded together. Tommy is Dead was a tune with a good story and great music, but I also felt the story took control of the song, to the point that the flow was damaged. Some other tracks were good movers and I liked the idea of the interludes. As far as the drug samples go, I can take it or leave it. This is now 3 years old, is he still producing?

Mdk

This album is a shrinker, not a grower.

1st listen - Great, love the melodies & the funny samples

2nd Listen - Good, there is a lot of good music here

3rd listen - the samples are getting boring & that story in Tommy is dead has become preachy & annoying but still some good music

4th listen - although I like the music the samples have become annoying, tommy is dead is skipped

5th listen - I no longer like the music as it is to hard to access as I'm annoyed by this album

that's it, no more listens.

If I listened to it now I'd probably feel like I did on the second listen. This is not an album you can cane as it's just too irritating. instantly gratifying but not much use after a week. Rent it from the library, listen to it at your friends house but it's not really worth buying. IMO

• 2 months later...

What?! Did I not write anything on this album before this post?! :unsure: I bought it back when it came out.

I've been listening to it again and again lately.

It's good.

Tommy Is Dead is an excellent track, though slightly disturbing because I recently had a cousin who died of cancer, who's name was Tommy.

I really like how the sounds compliment both the story and the music in track track 2. The overall album is very catchy, melodic. And I've always found the second half more musically impressive and gripping.

Anyway, I like this artists style very much.

Is another album on the way?

What?! Did I not write anything on this album before this post?! :unsure: I bought it back when it came out.

I've been listening to it again and again lately.

It's good.

Tommy Is Dead is an excellent track, though slightly disturbing because I recently had a cousin who died of cancer, who's name was Tommy.

I really like how the sounds compliment both the story and the music in track track 2. The overall album is very catchy, melodic. And I've always found the second half more musically impressive and gripping.

Anyway, I like this artists style very much.

Is another album on the way?

He's doing some work under a different name - don't remember what but fullon trance style - sounds impressive on his myspace page - wish I could remember the artist psuedonym...

clickedy click

Hi there - no it's not Anahata - this was a 3rd monniker called "Djedi" or something like that - sounded much diff than his stuff as Nystagmus - more fullon style - maybe he scratched the project or maybe it's part of his upcomming psytrance album to be released under the name Anahata?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I can't agree with that - "You're Messed Up" is one of my favorite tracks ever - I love it every time I hear it...

Totally agree, and it's such a cool and clever remix of Infected Mushroom's Over Mode :D Love the drill part, ahha :posford:

• 14 years later...