Best Newschoolers...

seraph

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talpa doesn't belong in this poll. it has nothing to do with neo-Goa.

thank freakin god.

A hard choice too, but Ethereal does it for me. Anyway I'd buy an album from every artist from the list.

The problem is not who's the best, but why there's so few of them? This needs to be solved and we'll see more of newschoolish killlarghs! Take E-Mantra for example... Merrow (http://www.merr0w.tk/)... oh, well...

Then why did you vote for him ? :P

311992[/snapback]

'cause he's head and shoulders above the others. :ph34r:

Nystagmus is also melodic, yes.. on the same label as Talpa. but how they are neo-Goa is still beyond me. I mean, half the Israeli trance is melodic, but you don't call it 'neo-Goa.' ;)

Angry Dwarf with the song: "Continuum" , and all other new-school SUCKS! or will be kicked in the nutsack by this song.

Streaming saikosounds sample:

http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/24401.m3u

sit the whole thing through and be surprised/kicked in your head when the song completely kicks in! B)

Errr...NT, that was supposed to sound like old school ?

Naaah, it is pure crazy minimal psy, it has nothing to do with old school madness, it is new madness that I find pretentious...sorry...

I find it funny how you said that it blows all new goa artists... :lol:

Errr...NT, that was supposed to sound like old school ?

Naaah, it is pure crazy minimal psy, it has nothing to do with old school madness, it is new madness that I find pretentious...sorry...

I find it funny how you said that it blows all new goa artists... :lol:

311998[/snapback]

minimal? hahahahaha! sure :rolleyes: noticed the "oldschool" melodies in the later part of the song? man, at least its fresh stuff and it really reminds me of oldschool goa stuff... melodies, multi layered, a break that keeps on building to the max etc.. @ 2min (in the sample) , it blows your brain... just like oldschool goatrance used to do... to the MAX!

most of the artists you noticed just 're-created' old stuff, nothing special or nothing new... just the good old goa-trance sound again, if i want that i'd rather listen to old goa cd's compilations!

minimal? hahahahaha! sure  :rolleyes:  noticed the "oldschool" melodies in the later part of the song? man, at least its fresh stuff and it really reminds me of oldschool goa stuff... melodies, a break that keeps on building to the max etc.. @ 2min (in the sample) , it blows your brain... just like oldschool goatrance used to do... to the MAX!

311999[/snapback]

erm.. i dunno about that sounding like old school, really.. a bit too epic for my taste.

minimal? hahahahaha! sure  :rolleyes:  noticed the "oldschool" melodies in the later part of the song? man, at least its fresh stuff and it really reminds me of oldschool goa stuff... melodies, multi layered, a break that keeps on building to the max etc.. @ 2min (in the sample) , it blows your brain... just like oldschool goatrance used to do... to the MAX!

311999[/snapback]

Yes, it has some kind of old schoolish melodies, but only that...

I imagine that whole song would be pretty good but it still has nothing to do with 'oldschool' feel...sorry... ;)

Yes, it has some kind of old schoolish melodies, but only that...

I imagine that whole song would be pretty good but it still has nothing to do with 'oldschool' feel...sorry... ;)

312009[/snapback]

ah well, to me it is fresh new school, unlike the 're-creators' of goa-trance you listed ;) then i'd rather listen to my old goa cd's/compilations instead of new artists doing the 'same trick', but enough of this.. taste differs ;) maybe it's the bassdrum and bassline you are hunting down, the angry dwarf tune lacks this..

;)

Exactly...

I wasn't trying to argument anything, you did... :P

312013[/snapback]

well a forum is to discuss things ;) but admit it! you were wrong about saying the angry dwarf tune is minimal (what in the hell?) :blink:;)

well a forum is to discuss things ;) but admit it! you were wrong about saying the angry dwarf tune is minimal (what in the hell?)  :blink:  ;)

312016[/snapback]

Heh, no, I won't admit it...it has very defined minimal structured bass line and very few sounds and effects, so therefore, it is minimalish, not excatly minimal of course... :rolleyes:

Talpa?Why Talpa?He sucks IMO.We listened to his live at the festival and we made fun of him with his funny epic sounds lol

Anyway.Ethereal for me.Distant Lights(2003 Mix) is one of the best tracks ever made.

312132[/snapback]

What the..? Talpa is really something special in my opinion. I think every song from his new album clearly show that this guy has not just great ideas, but also the talent and knowledge to make something out of them. But like said before, taste differs. Thank God. :)

What the..? Talpa is really something special in my opinion. I think every song from his new album clearly show that this guy has not just great ideas, but also the talent and knowledge to make something out of them. But like said before, taste differs. Thank God. :)

312151[/snapback]

Taste differs but we are talking about psychedelic trance here right?I didnt say he doesnt have the talent or the ideas but its funny to my ear especially in a festival with some strong night music before and Talpa goes out in the morning to play his turu-rutu-ruru.Anyway.

I wouldn't say blue vortex is even old skool minded don't understand why it's in the list...

I voted for ethereal, then lost buddha, ypsilon 5...

I don' like filteria still I'm an old skool fan :o , happens...

Talpa doesn't belong in this poll. it has nothing to do with neo-Goa.

thank freakin god.

311988[/snapback]

talpa is a little bit infected style so I understand where the newschoolers idea comes from...

Taste differs but we are talking about psychedelic trance here right?I didnt say he doesnt have the talent or the ideas but its funny to my ear especially in a festival with some strong night music before and Talpa goes out in the morning to play his turu-rutu-ruru.Anyway.

312156[/snapback]

My reaction was not to what genre or subgenre you feel Talpa belongs to. It was to the fact that you said you laughed at him and that he sucks. And that's what our recent posts have been about.

I voted for synsun :)

Haven't heard any shit from synsun and couple of their tracks are superb so...

:)

312256[/snapback]

synsun is strange to me... it has old skool influences but it's to chaotic in melodie...

to many braindamage, I prefer the more subtile melodic trance :D