Worst production on a released psy album?

Cinos

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

is it ok with a pretended progressive album?

in this case i vote for the first Etic - Touch Ups, was sounding like an amateurish demo, but he has improved since.

Oh, it's nice to hear. Looks like you are the second person in the world that agrees with me on this one.

310824[/snapback]

He's not the only one FP - I agree about this too. While the music on the disc is very good, sometimes even outstanding, the production makes my ears hurt after just few tracks. What helps a little there, is to rip the CD to mp3 in 128kbps - the quality is still acceptable, but the trebles are somewhat lowered and it sounds a lot smoother :)

Early Shiva Shidapu stuff, it all was created in Impulse Tracker 2 (Power of celtic / Flipper etc..), bad sample quality and mono sound etc... and to me the music was crap as well... ;)

http://www.psynews.org/reviews/shivaspa.htm

310687[/snapback]

I was sooooo dissapointed when I bought that cd as psytrance was still very new thing to me and I thought this was something like Kum Haras.. my first bought album. Then at some point I realized that I like the fast stuff too :D

X-Dream - We Interface ( I like tracks but to regress their production from brilliantly produced Radio to this release is real shame )

310721[/snapback]

Couldn't disagree more

:)

To add some names:

Talpa

Misted Muppet

Maybe.. Celtic Cross :o

dare i say it... :ph34r:  filteria ... sky input...it sounds as if the production was dragged backwards through a bed of nails and then polished with barbed wire.

310688[/snapback]

hum, i listened to 1 track from that album, gave me a headache.

i still haven't listened to the whole album yet.

VA - Apsara sounds great though.

i listened astral projection - mahadeva sometime ago and it sounds quite horrible to be honest

310765[/snapback]

:o

Talpa

310961[/snapback]

what's wrong with Talpa?

holymen - C4

now that is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad production

also a very very shitty album

but dare i say

desert storm is very nice

how come that song is done by that guy and is in that album that song is just very good

talpa s production sounds ok to me in my system

i havent heard it outdoor or a club soundsystem yet

maybe it sounds a little different

that can be the reason he has a unique sounds

but produced nicely i think

overall sound quality

the levels I mean the right mixing

then right polishing

but a good production can also mean

lik early joy division

sounds very raw but a very clever and new preoduction

which is good to me too

to conclude

a good production is the production that suceeds in what the producer intended to do and can communicate this through their media

like i say hmm this is on prupose and it is really good, like maybe making contrasts even on the sound quality for some reason or an original idea they had

really?  :blink:

what release are you considering? all?

I mean 148 was mastered by Xenomorph if i remember well, and then for the next ones by Triptych

310828[/snapback]

the ones done by triptych all sound very messy .... the 148 done by xenomorph is allright...

310991[/snapback]

i agree

i also saw him on a live act

yeah, his sound is just "different"

:)

Come on! That is perfectly liquid crystal production!  :blink:

311011[/snapback]

Na, this album does sound a bit dusty, but i really like it that way. Very vinyl'ish.

Warm sound, a bit like Portishead.

I'll add Doof's compilation EST1 and EST2 that were mastered really awefully. And ofcourse Digital Oracle that was removed from the stores after some people complained and it was re-mastered by Avi Algranati ;)

Seriously, when we talk about bad production i have to say that Tripticon - The 7th Portal (Ticon before they became Ticon) on Tsunami rec. Has some of the worst production i´ve ever heard.... The music is quite good some of it, but yuck for the production...

:ph34r:

Seriously, when we talk about bad production i have to say that Tripticon - The 7th Portal (Ticon before they became Ticon) on Tsunami rec. Has some of the worst production i´ve ever heard.... The music is quite good some of it, but yuck for the production...

311249[/snapback]

so true forgot about that one, that is pure bad production...

310991[/snapback]

i played talpa on many different systems from car stereo to clubs to the 60 kW outdoor in the desert, and yeah, it's not as good production as, say, Astrix or whatever, but it ain't that bad at all. It's playable, and nobody ever said "ewww, that sounds bad" - usually the opposite. ;)

Tellus 2 new album has abominable production. eek. crap.

ooops my opinion is radio is bad production  :D ...

310817[/snapback]

Seriously? Regardless of whether or not the music itself is to one's taste, the production on Radio is light years beyond most anything else at the time and still above par for much of what comes out today.

311249[/snapback]

Heh - I remember reading an interview with Ticon once where they pretty much called their old project crap. ;) I guess they have learned a lot of studio skills since then.

311249[/snapback]

:huh:

I am afraid I can't agree with you...

I quite like the production on that album, and the music, for me is better than Ticon... B)

I'll admit Adam's Love is pretty well produced on TMR's new album though. It's not that the music isn't good... it's just marred by the production.

to me, that would be phi - phinalizer: there are a couple of amazing tunes on that album, but the production blows - especially the basslines are a pain to hear

steptime's album has pretty sucky, unclear production too, but there's something charming to it

steptime's album has pretty sucky, unclear production too, but there's something charming to it

318682[/snapback]

steptime production sucked big time indeed ;) , forgot about that one :rolleyes:

considering spiritual healing released in 1998 I don't agree with you but I know what you mean...

310748[/snapback]

Some stuff that is released 1995 sounds much better than Spiritual Healing IMO. Very bad production, I've heard tracker music with much better sound quality.