old school lovers...E-JEKT!

slyman604

i mostly like old school goa and very few select new artist, hate full on...but this new e-jekt album is fucking great.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pho/pho1cd342.html

The concept of the album with all the star wars shit might be one of the dumbest ideas ever but the music is so top notch.

Old school influenced but totally fresh and superb production.

bleh.. i thought an album from Hujaboy would be a lot better than this. This isn't bad but I wouldn't call it exactly great either. You want good modern old school influenced psy, check out v/a Goodfellas. with the exception of the CPU track, it's killargh. :)

4. High Robot (7:17) Featuring - Power Source :blink:

Nothing special though, pretty standard stuff

goa influenced fullon....

must say second time I red about goodfellas being goatrance minded but I don't think not imo... so...

will check this dark fader album, you never know I like it :)

electric universe - cosmic experience

space tribe - time stretch

lani - our way to the sun...

goa minded fullon imo...

The samples at psyshop don't sound bad. I'll have to give it a try when I see it at the shop.

Ehm, I don't hate full-on, don't know if you misplace me with somebody else? I mean I like 1200 Mics and a lot of other stuff (not Skazi btw!).

bleh.. i thought an album from Hujaboy would be a lot better than this. This isn't bad but I wouldn't call it exactly great either. You want good modern old school influenced psy, check out v/a Goodfellas. with the exception of the CPU track, it's killargh. :)

308440[/snapback]

Welll thanks for that recommendation but Goodfellas is still full on... the second track has some old school riffs to it though, yes indeed!

Suprisingly I found the CPU track VERY catchy and will be picking this one up.... I dislike CPU, havent heard a single track of their's that I like, but that's probably the best use of vocoder I've ever heard in trance...

Welll thanks for that recommendation but Goodfellas is still full on... the second track has some old school riffs to it though, yes indeed!

310012[/snapback]

so does the first track, and a couple more i think.

but yeah, it's very good full-on and it's a million times better than the e-jekt album. <shrug>

this hujaboy guy always missing something in his tracks  :(

310303[/snapback]

i dunno about that - huja's recent tracks on compilations have been totally rocking - the best full-on out there, imo. this album was a disappointment, but it's not just him. his solo album is coming out in the fall.

man you kids are hard to please... these cats along with pixel and astrix are prob the best israel has to offer production wise... from crap samples it sounded like it was crystal clear... i ordered it, been a while since i get a full on cd... hehe

listened to it again today - better than i thought, though nowhere near their potential, imo. and true, there are some old school lines, and a few beautiful moments in some tracks, but they don't last, unfortunately.

oh well.

tatsu my comment was not directed to u, but instead to slyman604...

310234[/snapback]

Sorry, my fault then...