New song, looking for feedback!

Daze

I would very much like some feedback on this song - I have really tried to take what has been said about my earlier songs into account here, hope it worked out :P

Made in Fruityloops, with the following VST's; Vanguard, Albino, z3ta, and Audiorealism Bassline... if anyone would like to know :)

URL: http://rapidshare.de/files/3628945/Daze_-_...rwoods.mp3.html

Thank you!

Hello Daze.

You track starts of really nice lots of ambient texture happening here. But the tune soon gets pretty busy as this just builds up and doesn’t fall away to give the rest of the tune the space it needs to be heard both in arrangement and headroom respects. Your kick and bass cant really be heard over the other sounds, which need to be turned down as the track really starts to clip badly and audibly distorts. If you can't hear what I mean then open the track up in an audio editor such as cool edit and look at the waveform. Your kicks are being chopped off flat and you left with no headroom at all. Once this has been taken care of in the mix down stage I'm sure the tunes true sound will be better heard. It just got a little too naughty for my monitors at the moment. Sorry to be so negative but I’m not saying that the track is badly written it sound like you have the skills to write a good track and this would be one once the audio problem has been taken care of.

:)

Thanks for your help psyfi! :)

I know I've got problems with my production... I find it really hard to get a good sound without losing a lot of ambience. Anyway, thanks, I will try to work on it!

whouw! I promised to sat something but I kinda forgot!

But now's the time.

Well, the basslines...yes, the basslines again :D I luv em! :)

But then again, I see that basslines are what make the track! And man, that's not good, seriously! It should be just one of the elements but in your case it always seems that it just takes hold of the track and leaves everything else a bit aside. What to improve? Better arrangements, more elements! Listen to X-Dream more okay? okay. :)

There you should get some nice hints how to use basslines more than fantastic way and still make it the way that it's not the only thing there that makes you totally go wild! ;)