Silly Question

How do you replace Wav files in your sequence? :P

Like, say you have a sample in wav format which plays every other bar, but want to change it for another wav with the same positioning/sequencing... how do you do it?

Sure you can just delete the files and replace them one by one - but is there a feature in Cubase where you can Replace a number of instances of a Wav file with a new one - in one click?

I have checked out the sample pool thingy and even looked in the manual but I can't seem to find the answer :(

any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

Yup! this not you are looking for doesnt exist (as far as i know)

The easiest way to do this (next time) open a sampler, import the wav file, add a midi track, use midi boxes to trigger the sample, then when u want to change the sample, just do it in the sampler. (not for much help now, but it saves a lot of time)

Yup! this not you are looking for doesnt exist (as far as i know)

The easiest way to do this (next time) open a sampler, import the wav file, add a midi track, use midi boxes to trigger the sample, then when u want to change the sample, just do it in the sampler. (not for much help now, but it saves a lot of time)

307901[/snapback]

yeah, midi is always the answer!

Thanks for the tips guys. :)

Hey Mylo,

silly question sill answer:

if you want to replace a particular audio loop all you have to do is:

1. save and close project and close cubase.

2 move the loop from its original directory to another (so that its hidden)

3. reopen cubase and the project (cubase will say the sample blablabla.wav can not be found)

4. in the field where the name of the name of the sample appears, type the name of the new sample ie "blablabla2.wav" and search in the folder you have placed it in.

5. when cubase finds that sample just click OK.

ps. i have tryed this with two loops wich were exactly the same lenth. i dont know if that is important. ;)

if you want to replace a particular audio loop all you have to do is:

1. save and close project and close cubase.

2 move the loop from its original directory to another (so that its hidden)

3. reopen cubase and the project (cubase will say the sample blablabla.wav can not be found)

4. in the field where the name of the name of the sample appears, type the name of the new sample  ie "blablabla2.wav" and search in the folder you have placed it in.

5. when cubase finds that sample just click OK.

308054[/snapback]

Brilliant! Lateral thinking indeed! Nice one ;)