MIDI converting to real drum

Hey guys

i'm a newby here.........i was wondering if any of you know how to convert a drum mid file to a "real drum" sounding wav file............

I've tried cool edit and also fruity loop but had no lucky there

Please help me out here

Thanks a lot in advance

Many many thanks Kai-Q

I will try them out..........ive just tried sound forge and had no lucky there too

Now i'm downloading Reason to see if it works out, but i'm sure gonna give it a try on those programs :D

I've been able to convert midi into wav through Garageband, but the results aren't really that impressive. Probably the best way to do it with that particular program is to import the midi file, then align one hit samples to the beat on different tracks... Good luck anyway. :)

Yes that is a good idea, but ill end up having to compose drums twice.......1 in the mid program and then adding the samplers...........if this is the only way to do i will try, but i think ill run into too much trouble doing this :(

what do you guys think?

u cannot dirctly convert midi in to a drum sound b cos midi is not a sound format its an interface

what u can do is assign a wave drum sound or any sound in to a midi track so it will play that sound

it is possible in any music maker

in fruity loops u need to open a fruity midi sampler then brows for a midi file .put it in the sampler and u will get a groove. then get a drum sound from the sample browser assign it in ur midi sampler

U GOT THE MIDI TO DRUM

u cannot dirctly convert midi in to a drum sound b cos midi is not a sound format

307405[/snapback]

Wrong... *.mid files are sound formats. Just that the sound generated by a *.mid file will depend on the soundcard the computer has, whereas MP3/WAV/OGG/FLAC etc will be consistent.

u cannot dirctly convert midi in to a drum sound b cos midi is not a sound format its an interface

what u can do is assign a wave drum sound or any sound in to a midi track so it will play that sound

it is possible in any music maker

in fruity loops u need to open a fruity midi sampler then brows for a midi file .put it in the sampler and u will get a groove. then get a drum sound from the sample browser assign it in ur midi sampler

U GOT THE MIDI TO DRUM

307405[/snapback]

ok

But i'm feeling kinda noob here.....when i importe the midi to my FL its is not playing for some reason. And how can i assign a drum sound to my midi? Just importing samplers and then pasting there?

thanks for all the help guys :)

Wrong... *.mid files are sound formats. Just that the sound generated by a *.mid file will depend on the soundcard the computer has, whereas MP3/WAV/OGG/FLAC etc will be consistent.

307407[/snapback]

MIDI means music instrument device interface these files contains the information about how u are arranged the notes which instrument u r used name of the insturument .when u assign a soud to ur midi track that sound will be played according to ur grove

MIDI means music instrument device interface these files contains the information about how u are arranged the notes which instrument u r used name of the insturument .when u assign a soud to ur midi track that sound will be played according to ur grove

308178[/snapback]

MIDI = Musical Instruments Digital Interface

And I can't understand the rest of that sentence as it is heavily populated with spelling and grammatical errors.

shaft dude ..... a midi file has no sound ...... it is just information on how to play a sound.

That sound can be anything you want ....... ie ....... you cannot convert a midi file into a wav file ...... sorry mate ...

I guess what the El-g means is that he wants to get a wav file of the sound he is currently playing with a midi file ....

What you are referring to is "general midi" which is a bank of ( usually crap sounds ) bundled onto your sound card ..... Piaona , Viola ..... etc ...

If El-g is playing one of these sounds via midi he basically wants to play it on its own and then sample it ....... hey presto he will have his wave file ......

shaft dude ..... a midi file has no sound ...... it is just information on how to play a sound.

That sound can be anything you want ....... ie ....... you cannot convert a midi file into a wav file ...... sorry mate ...

I guess what the El-g means is that he wants to get a wav file of the sound he is currently playing with a midi file ....

What you are referring to is "general midi" which is a bank of ( usually crap sounds ) bundled onto your sound card ..... Piaona , Viola ..... etc ...

If El-g is playing one of these sounds via midi he basically wants to play it on its own and then sample it ....... hey presto he will have his wave file ......

308372[/snapback]

Hey JAMEZ, thanks for the reply and yes that is what im tring to do now.....At first i thought it was possible to use a syntheziser to convert midi files into real drum sample files, but i guess the only way to do that is manually.....I'm currently sampling the midi sounds manually at cool edit pro. I think it is easier to use Fruity loops, but i havent figure out how to use it so far hehehhe.

If you guys have suggestions

try to get something like Ni battery( i think its called a drum sequencer)...

u can load it as a vst ... its like a map of your midi keyboard..you can map various sounds to the different keys of your keyboard...

load a drum kit..

copy then paste the midi sequence into the piano roll of the battery channel..

then just highlight rows of notes and move to appropriate sound mapped to corresponding note in piano roll...

how good it sounds depends on the drum samples u use...