This weeks good covers

Trolsk

Posted Image

Hahhahahahah I recognize that yellow 3d render that was shared a long time ago

here's a better picture of it

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/160...by_wolfbeo3.jpg

I think it's pretty lame the way it's just put there. Not to mention I doubt the thing was shared for free so it could be used in commercial artwork.

lulz.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These 2 are damn nice!

^^Legend of the Black Shawarma is the seventh studio album by psychedelic trance duo Infected Mushroom. Rumors suggest it will be released on 9th June 2009, but according to the band's myspace page it will not be released until 8th September 2009. The album is named after a shawarma, a middle eastern wrap/sandwich. The equivalent of the Döner kebab in Turkey or the gyro in Greece. The title was also inspired by Shawarma Hazan, a place in Erez and Amit's hometown (Haifa).

Confirmed Tracks:

01. "Poquito Mas" (Spanish for "A Little Bit More")

02. "Saeed" (سعيد, Arabic for "Happy")

03. "End of the Road"

04. "Smashing the Opponent" (Vocals: Jonathan Davis)

05. "Can't Stop"

06. "Herbert the Pervert"

07. "Killing Time"

08. "Project 100"

09. "Franks"

10. "Slowly"

11. "The Legend of the Black Shawarma"

edit: just downloaded and listened to the live rip of "The Legend of the Black Shawarma" and i have to say it's awful (and i'm not talking about the quality of rip) - i can't stand Duvdev's horrible accent (his singing is everywhere)

• 2 weeks later...

somebody else using the same artist or a rip of the style?! :P

Posted Image

ed: god damn why did they have to use such a lame font?!

Happens quite a lot it by the looks of it. The label/arists picks a piece, then it gets resized to be a cover and they slap text on it.

It's pretty lame as it's not that hard to play around with the font a little to make it look more decent.

somebody else using the same artist or a rip of the style?! :P

Posted Image

ed: god damn why did they have to use such a lame font?!

Ooohhh!! I am not impressed by this one :unsure:

Ooohhh!! I am not impressed by this one :unsure:

well actually I posted it mostly because of it's resemblance with style of the mighty quinn cover... but I agree not really that nice, but a good detail level :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad news - I learnt today that Alex Komixa, who used to do most of the artwork for Insomnia Records, was killed in a car crash in October, along with his girlfriend. Check out some of his work:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest antic

Sad news - I learnt today that Alex Komixa, who used to do most of the artwork for Insomnia Records, was killed in a car crash in October, along with his girlfriend.

What a coincidence - just today I was browsing Insomnia Rec.'s site for the first time ever and marvelled at those covers. I find Alien Mental's and Furious' covers to be one of the best lately. I'm sorry to hear that the author is dead. Frankly I was even wondering, why their new release (Kraft's album) has a different, although still great, cover...

What a coincidence - just today I was browsing Insomnia Rec.'s site for the first time ever and marvelled at those covers. I find Alien Mental's and Furious' covers to be one of the best lately. I'm sorry to hear that the author is dead. Frankly I was even wondering, why their new release (Kraft's album) has a different, although still great, cover...

Yeah, I found out since I got Kraft's album in the post today, and it's dedicated to Alex. I suppose that explains why the Insomnia website hasn't been updated in months as well.