This weeks good covers

Trolsk

Man, this looks absolutely awesome.

I like it MUCH better than the first Filteria album cover. And also MUCH better than the one that DP says it refers to.

403481[/snapback]

I agree that it's a nice piece of artwork, but not for the cover of an album. When I see an album with a cover like this one I think: yay, another 13 in a dozen psytrance album. But that's my opinion.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Well, I like this cover, but there is a big mistake: "Gnothi se auton" comes from the Apollon old temple of Delphes. I don't remember also any comment of this famous quotation in the Bible ;)

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely, have you heard the music belonging to the cover? What style is it?

Guest Cosmogenesis

Definitely, have you heard the music belonging to the cover? What style is it?

509472[/snapback]

Here are samples from Psyshop. You can judge yourself about the style of this compilation. IMO, it's a mixture between tech-trance, psy & ambient. So, you can't really recognize some Posford elements inside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i don't know if this one has been mentioned, and it's not new, but i think it's luffly!! :)

Posted Image

487131[/snapback]

beautiful cover for sure!!! great artwork!

for me all covers from ultimae records are beautifull!!! but my favourite is this:

VA - Albedo (Ultimae Records 2005)

Posted Image

its magic! profesional work from the guys in ultimae records!great relation music and artwork!!! :)

Posted Image

Nice. Good relation between the cover and the forest music.

527758[/snapback]

John Bauer, the swedish painter who made that painting, is one of my favourite artists. That particular painting was used in a swedish childrens book called Bland tomtar och troll (in english it's called Swedish Folk Tales), he was also the editor for that book. In Sweden the book is considered to be a classic. Bauer has managed to capture the magic feeling of the swedish forests like no other artist.

If you want to see more paintings by John Bauer, click here.

Sorry that this has nothing to do with psytrance, but while we're posting links to artists' work, may I draw your attention to the art nouveau book illustrator Sidney H. Sime?

Posted Image

He was pretty famous in his day but unknown to most nowadays, check out the galleries here:

Sidney Sime Page

Posted Image

Nice. Good relation between the cover and the forest music.

527758[/snapback]

That is good cover and fits music well :)

for me all covers from ultimae records are beautifull!!! but my favourite is this:

VA - Albedo (Ultimae Records 2005)

Posted Image

its magic! profesional work from the guys in ultimae records!great relation music and artwork!!! :)

528225[/snapback]

I think there's no need to post Ultimae covers here since they pretty much all are great :P

I think there's no need to post Ultimae covers here since they pretty much all are great :P

528480[/snapback]

Yes you have absolutely right!!! :)