This weeks good covers

Trolsk

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Shut up already, it's obvious the cover is at least very inspired by what the guy posted.

No it's not..

However notice the train in all the 3 pictures.. coincidence NOT :P

in the second pic the dragon is a clear rip off of the smoke of the 3rd pic..

Hóla Cinos,

to me it seems you are the only "openeyed" in this subject.

Most of the other ones are just filling the topic with nonsense

and pictures that haven't any relation to the first two pictures

i was comparing to each other. (like the Monet Train for example)

I never would say that something is stolen if it isn't evident. And when somebody steals

design, than at least it should be done perfectly. What you think?

Also me wouldn't do any critic on covers at all, although myself is doing

grafiti and design for more then 23 years. No chance, …

GreetZ to CINOS

LawranceT ;)

I never would say that something is stolen if it isn't evident. And when somebody steals

design, than at least it should be done perfectly. What you think?

307389[/snapback]

Then show us this evidence, find a picture of the entire wall. If you can't then don't expect us to blindly take your word for it! I can admit that whoever drew the Squaremeat cover may have seen the works of this grafitti guy, but a rip-off? No way, not judging by the "evidence" you've put forth so far. Put up, or shut up.

should you be posting it if it's unreleased?

maybe its not even official or final cover, which means you'd be spreading lies :D

307236[/snapback]

It's final

Also, is that Voice of COD cover a joke? Thats awefull.

307487[/snapback]

Tastes differ. And the cover has a story.

i wonder what's harder to make? which cover took longer time?

this?

Posted Image

or this?

Posted Image

307645[/snapback]

I think that Squaremeat cover takes more time to make since the other one is pure graphic and with combining I don't think it takes so much time. Squaremeat cover needs proportion measures, drawings, shaping, lot of time, second one needs good program where everything is possible... :rolleyes:

It's final

307830[/snapback]

so we can go ahead and comment upon it?

I think that Squaremeat cover takes more time to make since the other one is pure graphic and with combining I don't think it takes so much time. Squaremeat cover needs proportion measures, drawings, shaping, lot of time, second one needs good program where everything is possible...  :rolleyes:

307841[/snapback]

i think so too .. the second cover i posted seems like a copy-paste and move by angle of 1-2-3 objects .. not so complicated.

Cover is made by SETH FISHER (www.floweringnose.com) Who makes comics to DCC and MARVEL comics. Hes latest SPIDERMAN Album just come out (worth to check out... wery psygedelic). Seth is from US but He been living last 8 years at japan and married with japanise girley, So maby when he was living still in US he maby did some grafiti but I am not sure ... I ask him next week when I am there and meat him.

I am big fan of comics and to get him to make covers for us was the most nice thing ever happend to me... I realy respect him.

Idea of that monster train in the cover is my personal feelings out of SHINKANSEN ... bulet trains in japan.

I am all ready that old that graffit thing was not so common in finland... they just started to do it those times when I was 18, but I never got so in to them even I like nice paints in the wall. ANYWAY I never seen this paint with Dragon before In my life so SORRY I could not steal or rip off our friends art LawranceTaylor.

I try to bee original with our music so Also we try to be Original with our cover art... I just see that many ideas are invented in many place in world same time (if you feel that there is something That same in those two pics). Actualy the moster train Is wery small detail of the cover AND the main thing in the cover is that you can put it to bee one loop (put start and end to getter and you get pic that never ends) and that is the thing in to it, not just the monster train I think.

bom and respect the art.

pepe

squaremeat

ps. pic here at site is wery porly scaned and I can sure you real cover is sharp as hell and wery psygedelic (when you see it full).

I am big fan of comics and to get him to make covers for us was the most nice thing ever happend to me... I realy respect him.

Idea of that monster train in the cover is my personal feelings out of SHINKANSEN ... bulet trains in japan.

I am all ready that old that graffit  thing was not so common in finland... they just started to do it those times when I was 18, but I never got so in to them even I like nice paints in the wall. ANYWAY I never seen this paint with Dragon before In my life so SORRY I could not steal or rip off our friends art LawranceTaylor.

I try to bee original with our music so Also we try to be Original with our cover art... I just see that many ideas are invented in many place in world same time (if you feel that there is something That same in those two pics). Actualy the moster train Is wery small detail of the cover AND the main thing in the cover is that you can put it to bee one loop (put start and end to getter and you get pic that never ends) and that is the thing in to it, not just the monster train I think.

bom and respect the art.

pepe

squaremeat

308809[/snapback]

ahh lovely

artists coming here to talk about their work! nice :)

thanks pepe!

You know everything is a rip-off of something else done before, in all forms of art (literature, music etc...) Only if you would have lived in total isolation, eyes and ears closed, so that you wouldn't have seen any kinds of drawn or painted pics, read any printed text or heard a microsecond of music, then you would be able to create something completely "new".

But that's not possible.

So shutup about the so-called rip-off dragontrain. It's not copypasted, it's created from scetch.

This cover is a direct rip-off of my friend Teuvo's work. He used to sit next to me during english class and drew a picture like this in his notebook. I'm telling you this is a rip-off of Teuvo's work and you're like TOTALLY going to get a wedgie because of this. The original also had a dragon, a monkey and a banana so don't tell me that it's not a rip-off. Unfortunately I can't show you the original since it was destroyed when Teuvo's dog ate his homework.

Hi there...

I guess we couldn't expect to be able to have an album cover as different from what has gone before and still be able to please everyone - but I'm very glad that the critical comments about it have been over a matter of personal taste rather than originality!

As Pavel has said, the cover art he posted is final (although I'm still working on the art as a whole and until I go to bed tonight it could still be changed) and sets the theme for the rest of the package. The dogs were drawn as a doodle by an artist who is a friend of a friend; the original drawing is about 5cm across, and I first saw them enlarged to about 1 metre across in a picture frame on my (ex) girlfriend's lounge wall. At the time Andrew Humphries and I were just starting work on the Voice of Cod album; I fell in love with the drawing instantly, and knew from the beginning that I wanted the dogs as the cover art for the album. To my eyes they have so much personality - they seem to be leaping off the paper, and each one shows different aspects of both of our personalities: friendliness, assertiveness, openness, and a certain degree of both agression an wilful naivety! :) But whatever it is they are doing, they are leaping out into the world to do it together, just as Andrew and I are doing with the album. To me, those dogs represent us.

As far as the rest of the cover goes, I was aiming for a simple, clean design that highlighted the drawing I like so much I also wanted a certain amount of detail in the background to satisfy the eye so I placed a warped and distorted circuit-board faintly behind the dogs to make it look as if they are leaping free from some piece of twisted technology. Perhaps the circuit-board could be a little darker and more obvious though... hmm... <tweaks Photoshop>

Obviously as a creative person I would very much like what I do (whether it's the music or the album artwork) to be universally loved... however I know that's impossible, and that there will be people who dislike the music on the CD just as much as slyman604 dislikes its cover - in fact even though this is the first negative comment I've ever had on it (and believe me, I showed a lot of people that drawing before I started on the artwork!) I wouldn't be surprised if someone ends up posting it in the 'other' thread at some point! I would hope that it's not just the fact that it looks different to other album covers that have gone before it that made slyman dislike it - I would like to hear his reasons rather than just a blunt "that looks awful!" comment, as it might help me improve things for the next cover I have to design for the OOOD album.

Finally I'd just like to repeat a quote I heard recently that (to me) applies in this instance: "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"... and if I see one more fractal bloody Shiva on an album cover, I'll...

Hi there...

I guess we couldn't expect to be able to have an album cover as different from what has gone before and still be able to please everyone - but I'm very glad that the critical comments about it have been over a matter of personal taste rather than originality!

309819[/snapback]

thanks for your participation Colin. it's really nice when artists get involved.

BUT

we haven't even started to comment upon your cover YET.

we were still debating on Squaremeat's cover.

now ...

the right thing to do is to actually wait for your album to be released, and then throw ourselves in the battle. this is all pavel's fault and he will be BANNED. ok just kidding :)

i'd say your cover is a "successful, original, doggy style" cover.

sure, it's silly, but it's charming and well done. the marketing suits&ties will agree.

i'll keep my coments for later :)

ps, i still want to be your groupie, so please tell me where i can submit my application.

thanks for your participation Colin. it's really nice when artists get involved.

BUT

we haven't even started to comment upon your cover YET.

we were still debating on Squaremeat's cover.

now ...

the right thing to do is to actually wait for your album to be released, and then throw ourselves in the battle. this is all pavel's fault and he will be BANNED. ok just kidding :)

i'd say your cover is a "successful, original, doggy style" cover.

sure, it's silly, but it's charming and well done. the marketing suits&ties will agree.

i'll keep my coments for later :)

ps, i still want to be your groupie, so please tell me where i can submit my application.

309917[/snapback]

Well... one person made a comment, anyway!

And when you use phrases like "successful, original, doggy style" to me in that sultry manner you have, it's pretty obvious that you're already well on the way to being a successful groupie. What country did you say you lived in? Woof!

Colin

PS. I haven't left my room for nearly a week now except to eat and use the toilet, as I've been working very hard getting the artwork ready for the deadline. I haven't shaved since last Thursday. I don't smell nice at all right now. Still want to be my groupie?

Well... one person made a comment, anyway!

And when you use phrases like "successful, original, doggy style" to me in that sultry manner you have, it's pretty obvious that you're already well on the way to being a successful groupie.  What country did you say you lived in? Woof!

Colin

PS.  I haven't left my room for nearly a week now except to eat and use the toilet, as I've been working very hard getting the artwork ready for the deadline.  I haven't shaved since last Thursday.  I don't smell nice at all right now.  Still want to be my groupie?

310090[/snapback]

"sultry manner"?

i was serious colin. i work in economics field, aaaand i kinda know when to speak and when to shut up about some stuff (usually :)). but i use humour sometimes :)

anyway, you can figure out my country from my profile. if you can't, then you don't deserve to have a groupie like me.

YOU better shave and shower or else!

(the question is .. do you want a bossy, meanie groupie?)

can we negociate?

are we getting off topic here?