CzechTek Resists Police

el brujo

Look from where I'm standing it looks damn corrupt and conservative and yes pretty much a 3rd world country..

306587[/snapback]

You aren't doing much to dispell the stupid, ignorant American stereotype, thats for sure.

I recommend you visit Eastern Europe one day, it will open your eyes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't doing much to dispell the stupid, ignorant American stereotype, thats for sure.

I recommend you visit Eastern Europe one day, it will open your eyes.

306608[/snapback]

Well I'm actually a Finn living in Helsinki. I've been to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland and I'm guessing it's way worse the more south/east you go.. my lil sis is by the way just doing the eastern europe interrail thingy..

Well I'm actually a Finn living in Helsinki. I've been to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland and I'm guessing it's way worse the more south/east you go.. my lil sis is by the way just doing the eastern europe interrail thingy..

306610[/snapback]

look, yes we do have a conservative people here, but u do have em too. we do have corruption, and so do you, but we have it more. yes we have long way to go but it doesnt mean that eveyone is moron here and corrupted, in some ways our society is even more opened to some new things and stuff that is too "wrong" or too tough to accept/learn for that ultra conservative old europe. latvia, estonia, lithuania, poland are not 3rd countries, and if u think so, then im sorry, but u should fly down from your "royal altitude attitude" and get your head out of your butt and see that even your beloved finnland is very far from being perfect. but latvia and other countries that mentioned are not that bad @ all, the problem is that the most part of the society doesnt realise that they have they rights to speak act and so on and what good things we can take from democracy, but thats another story. peace.

reger, latvia.

look, yes we do have a conservative people here, but u do have em too. we do have corruption, and so do you, but we have it more. yes we have long way to go but it doesnt mean that eveyone is moron here and corrupted, in some ways our society is even more opened to some new things and stuff that is too "wrong" or too tough to accept/learn for that ultra conservative old europe. latvia, estonia, lithuania, poland are not 3rd countries, and if u think so, then im sorry, but u should fly down from your "royal altitude attitude" and get your head out of your butt and see that even your beloved finnland is very far from being perfect. but latvia and other countries that mentioned are not that bad @ all, the problem is that the most part of the society doesnt realise that they have they rights to speak act and so on and what good things we can take from democracy, but thats another story. peace.

reger, latvia.

306654[/snapback]

Nah Finland is very leftish country. We've got gay marriage and right to abortions and all that. Also Finland happens to be (according to UN) the least corrupt country in the world. I'm not saying eastern Europe is 3rd world in the same way than Africa for example. Like Estonia for example, Tallin is pretty rich city but drive 10 minutes away from the downtown and it's fooking poor.

Okay last summer there was this Liquid Elixir (a finnish psytrance forum) 2nd year anniversary gathering/festival. It took place (just like this Czech festival) at private land. I think it was the 2nd night that police came in there for a while to check out that everything was okay. Also there was some guy from the ministry of agriculture/forests to make sure that the forest didn't suffer. Then they left cos everything was going well and the music continued.. B)

BTW back at the czechtek around 80 people were injured.. of which 45 were police officers.

Traveller, ignorance is bliss. I agree 100% with what Reger has said. If you ever actually make an attempt to learn a bit about these countries, you will see that in many ways they are much more open minded to many things than many of the wealthier european countries. It is not a back and white issue as you describe it.

Calling Czech Replublic a third world country (btw. I am not from there, but from Russia) sounds very arrogant on your behalf, it may not be as wealthy as Finland or US, but I don't think anyone who has ever visited there will agree with you.

I hope that one day you will travel again to Eastern Europe and discover many wonderful things that those countries have to offer and then you can drop all the stereotypes that you have about them.

for more info and details

It was on a private land with owners permission

but the landowners around claimed

they have been terasspassing to go to the party site

sorry its real bullshit

wish i was there

there are so many laws to workaround actually

like your neighbouring land has to give you a road to your site

this obligatory and protected by the law itself

so you cant just say they teraspassed

anyawys the party and spirit continues

306078[/snapback]

come on .. it takes more than "tresspassing complains" in order to get 1000 police people there.

it probably was all a plan to kill the party.

sad sad sad.

Traveller, ignorance is bliss. I agree 100% with what Reger has said. If you ever actually make an attempt to learn a bit about these countries, you will see that in many ways they are much more open minded to many things than many of the wealthier european countries. It is not a back and white issue as you describe it.

Learn what? More open minded about what. Some time ago I read about a priest in umm some ex soviet block country who did exorsism to someone and caused his/her death. That is very 3rd worldish.. Anyways I never said Eastern Europe is 3rd world.. I said something like "pretty much like a 3rd world country" or somehting like that. Come on be reasonable. Don't take it all so fucking literally..

Calling Czech Replublic a third world country (btw. I am not from there, but from Russia) sounds very arrogant on your behalf, it may not be as wealthy as Finland or US, but I don't think anyone who has ever visited there will agree with you.

:rolleyes:

I hope that one day you will travel again to Eastern Europe and discover many wonderful things that those countries have to offer and then you can drop all the stereotypes that you have about them.

All the stereotypes?

@traveller

dont get me wrong...but i have a question...

are you jobless??

i'm really impressed how you manage to be present all the time in israforum and psynews forum, in every disscusion...

and the best...you are always the wise man, who have the conclusion and explanations for everything...i guess this comes from your long forum expirience...

btw. to say czech is 3th world country is really ridicoulus...

i guess now you'll not gona like me...but i always wanted to say this... :P:P

cheers

are you jobless??

i'm really impressed how you manage to be present all the time in israforum and psynews forum, in every disscusion...

I'm at work as I write this :P

and the best...you are always the wise man, who have the conclusion and explanations for everything...i guess this comes from your long forum expirience...

or genes and education B)

btw. to say czech is 3th world country is really ridicoulus...

i guess now you'll not gona like me...but i always wanted to say this... :P:P

To misread my comments (especially when I've made it more clear twice already) is ridiculous..

To misread my comments (especially when I've made it more clear twice already) is ridiculous..

307270[/snapback]

You have said...'Well, its a 3rd world country so what do you expect?'. I dont think that open to any misinterpretation, it means exactly what it says.

Also really impressed by your ex-Soviet country priest example. Every post in this thread makes you appear more and more foolish.

You have said...'Well, its a 3rd world country so what do you expect?'. I dont think that open to any misinterpretation, it means exactly what it says.

Also really impressed by your ex-Soviet country priest example. Every post in this thread makes you appear more and more foolish.

307282[/snapback]

Yes well apparently I said it. However atleast twice after that I corrected myself, no? Also you could intepret it as sarcasm and not a fact, but that wouldn't suit your needs now would it? And what is so wrong with my example? It was apparently in Womania not even 2 months ago

And if every new post makes me appear more foolish then what you are saying is that I was more right in the first place when I said: , its a 3rd world country so what do you expect? than after I corrected myself a little cos some people can't read between the lines at all..

ok please cut the crap.

if traveller says that east europe is 3rd world countries, then i can only tell him he is wrong and consider him blind/ignorant/stupid .. in case he is serious about his statement. but i don't think he was really. he's not serious about many stuff. he's a crazy finn!

and even if he is serious about it, it's his personal opinion, may it be wrong or right. you cannot start argumenting pro and anti subject. not in this thread. this thread is about something else.

but also to actually feel offended by his statement? why. who is he to affect you :)

also, traveller, sometimes is smarter to just shut up :)

ok please cut the crap.

if traveller says that east europe is 3rd world countries, then i can only tell him he is wrong and consider him blind/ignorant/stupid .. in case he is serious about his statement. but i don't think he was really. he's not serious about many stuff. he's a crazy finn!

and even if he is serious about it, it's his personal opinion, may it be wrong or right. you cannot start argumenting pro and anti subject. not in this thread

but also to actually feel offended by his statement? why. who is he to affect you :)

307295[/snapback]

Oh come on you know I weren't (not as in it's a 3rd world region like africa/some asia/some southern america). I call everyone who thinks otherwise blind/ignorant/stupid. Whoever feels offended by what I said is clearly not proud (in a healthy way) of his/her country..

Oh come on you know I weren't (not as in it's a 3rd world region like africa/some asia/some southern america). I call everyone who thinks otherwise blind/ignorant/stupid. Whoever feels offended by what I said is clearly not proud (in a healthy way) of his/her country..

307296[/snapback]

true.

crazy finn :)

Yes well apparently I said it. However atleast twice after that I corrected myself, no? Also you could intepret it as sarcasm and not a fact, but that wouldn't suit your needs now would it? And what is so wrong with my example? It was apparently in Womania not even 2 months ago

And if every new post makes me appear more foolish then what you are saying is that I was more right in the first place when I said: , its a 3rd world country so what do you expect? than after I corrected myself a little cos some people can't read between the lines at all..

307289[/snapback]

Romania is not an ex-Soviet country, it was merely part of the old communist block.

In any case, how can you seriously think that one such news story supports any of your arguments? Example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3286721.stm Does that make Germany a third world country?

Talking to you equates to banging my head into a brick wall. Stick to topics you actually know something about, such as psy trance.

Romania is not an ex-Soviet country, it was merely part of the old communist block.

Is this right Moni?

In any case, how can you seriously think that one such news story supports any of your arguments? Example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3286721.stm Does that make Germany a third world country?

You don't see any difference with this and priests (notice plural) practising exorcism? It's not like cannibalism is widely practiced in Germany. You think you can judge a country because of an individual? Maybe you should talk to a priest near you and get rid of those demons to clear your head?

You're obviously hurt and I'm sorry for that. Just because your country (I assume somewhere eastern Europe) is poor and corrupt and conservative in comparison to the west does not make you a better or worse person. It's a consequence of history and obviously things are slowly improving.

Is this right Moni?

You don't see any difference with this and priests (notice plural) practising exorcism? It's not like cannibalism is widely practiced in Germany. You think you can judge a country because of an individual? Maybe you should talk to a priest near you and get rid of those demons to clear your head?

You're obviously hurt and I'm sorry for that. Just because your country (I assume somewhere eastern Europe) is poor and corrupt and conservative in comparison to the west does not make you a better or worse person. It's a consequence of history and obviously things are slowly improving.

307314[/snapback]

I am not hurt, I just think you are an idiot.