Entheogenic - Dialogue of the Speakers

kabamaru

heheh I must say that the cover makes me horny ;) Now on to the music... well like always Entheogenic borrows heavily from Shpongle (hell you can even hear the Shpongle trademark distorted Terence McKenna samples here and there...). But I still like their style. And of course this isn't really Entheogenic, it's a remix album, of which a LOT work is one by OTT which I absolutley love!

fave tracks: Timeless ESP (remix and original), Pagan Dream Machine and Greound Luminosity. Although as others here said, this album lacks in innovation, that's why I'm giving it "only" a 7/10 :)

anyway, I definatley don't understand how this album was rated so high on the psynews best of 2005 list... there is a shitload of better albums out there IMO (starting with Shpongle...).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heheh I must say that the cover makes me horny ;) Now on to the music... well like always Entheogenic borrows heavily from Shpongle (hell you can even hear the Shpongle trademark distorted Terence McKenna samples here and there...). But I still like their style. And of course this isn't really Entheogenic, it's a remix album, of which a LOT work is one by OTT which I absolutley love!

fave tracks: Timeless ESP (remix and original), Pagan Dream Machine and Greound Luminosity. Although as others here said, this album lacks in innovation, that's why I'm giving it "only" a 7/10 :)

anyway, I definatley don't understand how this album was rated so high on the psynews best of 2005 list... there is a shitload of better albums out there IMO (starting with Shpongle...).

451743[/snapback]

I too have problems understanding how anyone could think this was THE best album of 2005. For me it's even below average :S

• 2 weeks later...

Now on to the music... well like always Entheogenic borrows heavily from Shpongle (hell you can even hear the Shpongle trademark distorted Terence McKenna samples here and there...). But I still like their style. And of course this isn't really Entheogenic, it's a remix album, of which a LOT work is one by OTT which I absolutley love!

451743[/snapback]

Yet I find they are much more ambient than Shpongle, and have their own style. :)

I really like this album, great remixes by Ott (he seems to have the Midas touch on his remixes), and Vibrasphere - really looking forward to their downtempo album which should be released later this year. Also the new tracks are great, with the exception of Without Thought - don't really like this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet I find they are much more ambient than Shpongle, and have their own style. :)

I really like this album, great remixes by Ott (he seems to have the Midas touch on his remixes), and Vibrasphere - really looking forward to their downtempo album which should be released later this year. Also the new tracks are great,

489349[/snapback]

All great, really fancy that Vibrasphere remix.

ott´s remixes are the main attraction here... youth is nice too.. the rest is so-so...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I liked this album from the outset and it continues to be one of my favorite chill-out albums. It's said to resemble Shpongle and even if I can appreciate the comparison, I think there is one major difference. Shpongle's never quitting flutes don't loom around here! But first and foremost what I love about DOTS is the amount of ideas Entheogenic and their remixers have cramped into the tracks. You can tell it's hours and hours in front of the speakers and the result are blissful ambient soundscapes. Add to this exemplary vox use. And that comes from a person who's usually not too keen on vox in chill-out.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Absolutely nothing new in this album. The only remixer that baked the best cake was SHULMAN. Every other track sounds sweet like candy but again nothing new. Remix by Abakus was very out of place IMO. Generally the sound is of high quality, lots of deatils but definitely a pop-charter.

"Without thought" was awesome so as remixes from OTT. But Shulman... B)

• 2 months later...