Entheogenic - Dialogue of the Speakers

kabamaru

Entheogenic - Dialogue of the Speakers

Posted Image

Tracklist:

1. Aranyanyara

2. Timeless E.S.P. (Ott's New Wasserboxer Mix)

3. Pagan Dream Machine (Vibrasphere Remix)

4. Without Thought (Youth Remix)

5. Ground Luminosity (Ott's New Yoghurt Loom Mix)

6. Timeless ESP

7. Without Thought

8. Aranyanyara (Abakus Mix)

9. Spaced (Shulman Mix)

So...the long awaited 3rd album is here. Of course it's not a pure "album" as we knew for quite some time now. Entheogenic present 3 new tracks here and the rest are remixes of these 3 plus 3 more remixes of older tracks. By looking at the tracklist you just can't help it but believe the hype. All the names appearing here have excellent discography.

I have to admit that it took me some time to like Entheogenic (I was looking forward to the remixes more than the original tracks). I find their first album mediocre but, as it turned out, they developed their skills rapidly. Theis second album was much better, their ideas much better realized. However, this third outing is the best one yet.

Aranyanyara is the opener, you can immediately recognize its an Entheogenic track by the trademark warm synths and the vocals. Well, that fact by itself is not so good but the tune manages to sound solid. Nice opener.

Its remix, by Abakus, caught me by surprise. After his stunning album last year, I was expecting too much I think. The thing that hit me first is the bass and drums resemblance to Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean"! This gives it a disco-flavor which is a nice idea but apart from that I find it a bit bland and repetitive.

Timeless ESP starts with a mumbo-jumbo far out sample (and a nice "what??" right after it!) and vocals and synths take over from there. The tried and tested formula then, but hey, it works! This one is very well arranged, with some intense synth business going on in the second half. Trancey!

Its remix, by Ott, sounds like it was taken straight out of Blumenkraft. Actually it sounds very close to Tulse Hell... Of course that means that its a high quality trancey dub tune...ultimately though its more of the same.

Without Thought is easily the best original track in this album. In fact, the other 2 tunes should be just as original and creative as this one. Soaring synths, intricate drum pattern, dubby vocals, dreamy atmosphere even vocoder vocals near the end that fit perfeclty in the overall picture. This tune makes perfectly clear that these boys have talent and skills! Well done!

And the remix of this gem comes from a true veteran, Youth. This guy is simply a genius. He transforms the tune to a slow, earthy dub tune and yet the dreamy and melodic character of the original tune is still here! The bass is slow and heavy, the vocals sound spaced out. If you like dubby rhythms this is pure bliss!

The rest 3...

Pagan Dream Machine (Vibrasphere Remix)

A great downtempo remix, as expected by Vibrasphere. Laid-back and groovy, this one is definately for the chillout rooms for some slow dancing! It ends abruptly though...

Ground Luminosity (Ott's New Yoghurt Loom Mix)

Now this is much more like it! Maybe Ott was saving ideas and energy for this one, I don't know, but this is a blast! Energetic and uplifting, more like the bright, sunny side of "Billy The Kid Strikes Back". Delicious!

Spaced (Shulman Mix)

I love Shulman's music so I was eager to listen to this one. And he delivers yet again. His haunting atmospheres return, accompanied by a seriously heavy bass and a very slow rhythm that around 04.00 turns into a playful breakbeat. From then on it sounds like its building up all the way to infinity but around 06.00 we land again to the dubby rhythm and the track ends with a nice keys solo, a very nice touch!

The flow in the album is not the best possible but that was to be expected. Instead, we get some really great remixes plus one of the best Entheogenic tunes yet, Within Thought. I'm more than satisfied! :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything said in kabamarus review. This is a great album!

My fav:

Without Thought- wow!!!

Ground Luminosity - Ott's rmx!!!

Pagan Dream machine - Vibrasphere rmx

Aranyanyara - Abakus rmx ( for his originality)

All in all a sublime release.

10/ 10

Yes, it's a great one.

The whole concept and the amount of talent together on one album is breathtaking.

Some of the new tracks are a real bliss.

Ott outdid himself in both rmx, Ground Luminosity is one of his best, if not his best ever, imho.

Great rmx also from Vibrasphere!

Also Shulman and Youth did real good, love em all.

Abakus was a bit of a shock, but now I agree it took guts to come up with this.

Highly recommended!

huh, if i were to judge from saikosounds' 64kbps 4 minute samples... then I would say that the new Entheo tracks sound exactly the same as their 2nd album stuff, that vibrasphere and youth are pretty predictable, and shulman was disappointing. The only standouts were Ott's remixes.

But umm... I'll give this another chance with a higher quality preview. I'm still not sure I believe the hype though.

we get some really great remixes plus one of the best Entheogenic tunes yet, Within Thought. I'm more than satisfied!  :)

304844[/snapback]

I am also very satisfied with this purchase. Maybe the best release so far this year!

i just have to mention again how damn good the youth remix is .. this is third time in row.. the rest of tracks i removed from playlist now

308208[/snapback]

i find it boring

6/10 for the youth track.. in fact i find it the weakest track on the album

Believe it, this is a great album. I like the new tracks a lot, and the Rmixes are heavenly.

I couldn't say which ones are my favorites, good quality all the way through.

9.5/10

305822[/snapback]

I really really like this release, the first in a long time!.

The new tracks are good. Some of the remixes are mindblowing.

Very satisfied!

I can't get over how cheap this sounds... Without Thought, despite the nice title, is awful. So is the Ott remix - apparently even he can't save that track.

Haven't heard all of it yet, though. <_<

Wow! What an awesome album. Congratulation to all the remixers, respect great job!

Can't wait to hear the new Entheogenic album.

Favorits:

Without Thought!!!

Ott's Ground Luminosity rmx.!!!

Vibrasphere Rmx

Shulman rmx.

9.9/10

Guest The Journey Man Project

Whilst probably not that awe inspiring to Shpongle lovers and htose who did not enjoy earlier tunes, I did find this to be a great album, exactly what I expected and exactly what I got... some nice deep music with some well done remixing... for me the Vibrasphere track does it all seeing as the original was an all time fav. of mine... a great pick me up for days when everything else is shit.