changing the tempo in a track with automation

hi dudes and dudets..

so.. heres my question:

as im interested in making music with cubase, id like to know how to change the tempo of one track in the automation. for example start the track in.. lets say 130 and at some time in the track let it arise up to 140. i just couldnt figure that out, so id be happy if someone may help me with this..

thx

hi dudes and dudets..

so.. heres my question:

as im interested in making music with cubase, id like to know how to change the tempo of one track in the automation. for example start the track in.. lets say 130 and at some time in the track let it arise up to 140. i just couldnt figure that out, so id be happy if someone may help me with this..

thx

304825[/snapback]

Shit, I also want to know!

We'll have to look at the manual ;)

I think you can make a track for tempo automation in the sequencer though. Not too sure about this!

Its very easy! if u use cubase then on the transport panel [F2] where the BPM is you can click above it to choose either "Tempo Track" or "Tempo Fixed"

Fixed is the one to use if you want to run the same bpm all the way through the track.

TempoTrack: ok this is the fun part.

Press [CRTL+T] a new tempo sequencer opens. i guess its pretty logic how it works, you have either Ramp or curve types of "bar".

Its very easy! if u use cubase then on the transport panel [F2] where the BPM is you can click above it to choose either "Tempo Track" or "Tempo Fixed"

Fixed is the one to use if you want to run the same bpm all the way through the track.

TempoTrack: ok this is the fun part.

Press [CRTL+T] a new tempo sequencer opens. i guess its pretty logic how it works, you have either Ramp or curve types of "bar".

304904[/snapback]

it is pretty easy to do

but ive never gotten the results i expect with this feature

it destroys the other parts of my songs!! i dunno y

hmm.. first.. thanx to all to digital psyence for giving a hint.. and to all the others for making the topic more interesting ;)

well.. i used jeskola buzz, a tracker program, before i used cubase, and in buzz its kinda easy to control the tempo but somehow theres no channel for automation of the master in cubase..

however, i will test DP's way and see how it works..

thx

• 6 years later...

You mean like this?

Posted Image

Go to Project->Tempo track

Click the button with the dot at the upper left corner. Use the Draw tool and place two dots, one in the start and one in the end of the part you wanna change the tempo.

Now go to the insert curve and choose jump for instant change or ramp for smooth changes. Then use the draw tool to draw your line. If you have chosen the ramp option you can draw curves.

The part before and after the dots will not get affected by any changes you will do, just like in automation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...