The mastargh of psychedelia! :o

Oopie

Best psychedelic twisting is done by?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Best psychedelic twisting is done by?

• Koxbox/Psychopod
    • Planet B.E.N.
    • Haltya/Highpersonic Whomen
    • Pelinpala
    • Texas Faggott/Mandalavandalz/Shiwa 2000
    • Joking Sphinx
    • Orion
    • Hux Flux
    • Orichalcum/Orichalcum & The Deviant
    • Eraser vs. Yöjalka
    • Cosmosis
    • Squaremeat
    • Flying Scorpions
    • Eat Static
    • Deviant Electronics
    • Rip van Hippy
    • Tandu/P.I.S./Oforia
    • Toï Doï
    • Hallucinogen
    • My fav psychedelic head-smasher isn't in the list! Sorry!
    • I don't listen to psychedelic music really...

What I'm looking here is the ultimate mastargh of the psychedelica! :)

And you don't see AP, Etnica, Infected Mushies, Pleaidians etc. here cause they're not all about psychedelia, there's also many melodies in that sort of music and the psychedelic factor isn't maybe that big. Artists that I included have devoted their sound to pure psychedelia... it's psychedelic twisting all the way down baby!

I maybe have forgotten some big-timers... if you don't find thé psychedelic distorter from that list you can always post your fav. :)

Yeah and I didn't include any Pink Floyd or something there I'm talking about trance here! :)

Guest antic

Orion, although nowadays he heads somewhat into full-on direction, because of the influence of his friend Ari "Alien Project" Linker. I still like him though and the new album just kicks ass, even if some samples / ideas I've heard in his / their other works...

Orichalcum , and SANDMAN , but he's not listed..

And what is psychedelia....if i had to choose from the psytrance scene i'd say Hallucinogen,X-Dream and Logic Bomb.I cant chose just one because they give a different view of psychedelia.But the REAL masters of psychedelia IMO are FSOL.

I would be arrogant bastard if I choose anyone except Simon...

HALLUCINOGEN

He is true mastargh of psychedelic even though he made not so much of those twisting, he still twisted it most and best... ;)

Hehé of course FSOL isn't in the list... it's not trance really :)

botfb? logic bomb? x-dream?

I didn't even thought of logic bomb... ok if somebody really sees them as thé psychedelic act then I guess that's okay dokay I just think it's absurd :D

botfb? Hmmm... I think that's more like melodic stuff than psychedelic... at least 'twin sharkfins' is... okay I'm talking about my own biaaaatched opinion here but I made the poll I decide :P

x-dream? It's more like they're the goodz of dark psy I'd say :)

Seems like Simon is winning this one! I thought that maybe Koxbox but there's too many devoted Posford fans out here it's impossible to beat them :D

Hallucinogen is winning shit in this poll.

This poll is not representative and if Juno Reactor where there he would have got just travellers vote.

I mean the fact that Planet B.E.N and Haltya are there (with all the respect to their music ofcourse) while Total Eclipse,Juno Reactor,Etnica,Deedrah and Astral Projection are not shows clearly that something is wrong with this poll.

True.. DETOX, I agree with you. There are artists that should be added

"Total Eclipse,Juno Reactor,Etnica,Deedrah and Astral Projection"

I just can't see them as thé psychedelic stuff of all pyschedelic tasty juice :)... I thought about this poll a lot, and I clearly wanted to add only stuff that's based on pure psychedelic madness... if goa trance would be included, or if this poll would be about goa trance, then 50 shots wouldn't be enough for sure!

I'd say

TE=Goa Trance

JR=World Music, Ambient, Techno

Deedrah=Earlier works maybe, I could've include it

AP=Goa Trance

Etnica=Goa Trance

that's my view and I know many will disagree but I did the poll the way I think was the best :)

Eat Static is my choice, shocking to see that they haven't got more votes. Their work is IMO far more psychedelic than Posford, and they've made lots more stuff too, all varied and very psychedelic. The only ones that come close is KoxBox. So come on now, vote Eat Static dammit!

"Total Eclipse,Juno Reactor,Etnica,Deedrah and Astral Projection"

I just can't see them as thé psychedelic stuff of all pyschedelic tasty juice :)... I thought about this poll a lot, and I clearly wanted to add only stuff that's based on pure psychedelic madness... if goa trance would be included, or if this poll would be about goa trance, then 50 shots wouldn't be enough for sure!

I'd say

TE=Goa Trance

JR=World Music, Ambient, Techno

Deedrah=Earlier works maybe, I could've include it

AP=Goa Trance

Etnica=Goa Trance

that's my view and I know many will disagree but I did the poll the way I think was the best :)

305214[/snapback]

I agree with you, Etnica, Astral & co have nothing to do in a poll that is about psychedelic madness. Maybe Juno Reactor should be there, but that's it. Although I must admit I haven't heard about all the alternatives, who the f*** is Haltya? :huh:

Deedrah

304804[/snapback]

word.

I voted "hallucinogen" for psymusic.. But Koxbox ect rocks alot in the psy sense!

But wouldnt you say that "The Gathering" and " Classical Mushroom" is psychedelic to the bone!? Because if you have eaten mushes and listen to the worlds of these two albums.. well... They are pretty trippyflippy yha know =) And not to mention "Shiva Shidapu's" album "The album" .. Very amature.. But VEERY psychedelic(?) ...l

God bless psy.

I agree with you, Etnica, Astral & co have nothing to do in a poll that is about psychedelic madness. Maybe Juno Reactor should be there, but that's it. Although I must admit I haven't heard about all the alternatives, who the f*** is Haltya?  :huh:

305235[/snapback]

Hmm... JR has some psychedelic twisting done I agree. Let's say I should have added that one then. Now everyone's happy. :)

U haven't heard Haltya? May I reply with a sentence that americans use to almost any situation: 'ou-mai-gaash!' :D Check out this... it's mad stuff! Equal to Koxbox's 'Dragon Tales' in my bijaatch'd opinion :)

word.

I voted "hallucinogen" for psymusic.. But Koxbox ect rocks alot in the psy sense!

But wouldnt you say that "The Gathering" and " Classical Mushroom" is psychedelic to the bone!? Because if you have eaten mushes and listen to the worlds of these two albums.. well... They are pretty trippyflippy yha know =) And not to mention "Shiva Shidapu's" album "The album" .. Very amature.. But VEERY psychedelic(?) ...l

God bless psy.

305263[/snapback]

Hmmm... to add Mushiemans or not? The eternal question :D

I decided not to... it's not really extremely psychedelic, more like melodic mushie ehm.. style :) I'm sure it'll sound like heaven if you take mushies and listen mushies :D I gotta try out sometime :)

edit: Yes I definitely should've added Shiva Shidapu! I don't like that much 'the album' but I agree it's psychedelic, véry! :)

Huh, Dragonflier, I am sorry but JR psychedelic ?

In this tweaked, insane way as ooopium suggested it ?

Not a chance, theirs tribal sound could never be mixed with ultra psycho sounds we are speaking here... ;)

there is no need to complain for artists that are missing, this is natural pool limitation. Even mine favorite twisted artists isnt there either, but i just choose the one i lke the most out of those in the list

I know that its impossible to pack all the names that worth a mention

but lets play by the pool

and be cool

not on the list.

Fractal Cowboys

Derango

Onnomon

Penta

Talpa

and more...

305512[/snapback]

Haven't even heard of those! sorry! :)

I mean, except from Talpa... which I consider quite good full on, nothin more :)

Oh! And sure Derango has hitted my playlist too! But you see, I'm not counting these kinda dark artists in at all! Derango is twisted to some point but it's mostly about that dark feeling. :)