plz recommend psychedelic drum and bass!

fantomas

hi,

i really love some of the psychedelic drum and bass bits in sphongle, (i have "the day turned to night"), and would really love to hear some good psy dnb, can anyone recommend albums or tracks, or artists that i should check out?

thanks! :)

hi,

i really love some of the psychedelic drum and bass bits in sphongle, (i have "the day turned to night"), and would really love to hear some good psy dnb, can anyone recommend albums or tracks, or artists that i should check out?

thanks! :)

304680[/snapback]

yip. at about 13:00 on the day turned... is the most amazing d.n.b dubby shit ive every heard. i wish they did a whole cd with this kind of stuff, totally brilliant.

i also dont know of anything even similar in quality to that. its really good.

Violet Vision - First Sign Of Communication

this is the thing you're looking for.. can't get better than this..

what psynews users think of it

PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T LIKE THIS CD.. I'VE GOT ONLY ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU.. GO FUCK YOUR BPMs THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST CDS EVER!!

ganjamanja i think that's me :D

Thanks everybody who has replied!

yes 13:00min or so into "and the day turned to night" is incredible, possibly the future sound of dnb? I will check out as much recommended as I can. Hopefully go over to Oz in November for Earthcore http://www.spin.net.au/nightlife/melbourne/events/41538.html

featuring Metal Sharon :blink: and see what sounds Simon is making now.

Violet Vision - First Sign Of Communication

this is the thing you're looking for.. can't get better than this..

what psynews users think of it

PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T LIKE THIS CD.. I'VE GOT ONLY ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU.. GO FUCK YOUR BPMs THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST CDS EVER!!

ganjamanja i think that's me :D

304750[/snapback]

Awesome one. Thanks!!

yes Photek - Form and Function is a classic. you are right, it is a strange topic, but the more stuff people post the more new music there is to check out :)

305518[/snapback]

Imo modus operandi is the real classic, only dNb album, that I like. Keyword album, since usually even good artists`like Bad Company´s albums tend to be fillerish. But mo is an experience.

p.S and do check the nam shub of enki, especially "pleasure cramps" and moday morning"

Nam Shub free mp3eez

i checked out the enti stuff, not the tunes you recommend since they are not on the website link. its interesting, full on, not sure if i like it yet though. I will listen again though, sometimes it takes more than once to understand. Great name for a group of sound deconstructionists! :)

i checked out the enti stuff, not the tunes you recommend since they are not on the website link. its interesting, full on, not sure if i like it yet though.  I will listen again though, sometimes it takes more than once to understand. Great name for a group of sound deconstructionists! :)

305935[/snapback]

Umm, yes they are there, only that they are made under the moniker of MONSTER ZOKU ONSOMB. All of the tunes there are either enki`s solo tunes, or various collaborations, despite the ever-changing names :)

my newfound darlings on the Good Looking record lable has to serve a place on this thread :)

Big Bud - Producer

Blu Mar Ten - Producer

Seba - Producer

PFM - Producer

and yeh, these albums, or compilation rather are all in the Producer-series. I think these band only did 12" before that ended up on these comp's.

Roni Size - New Forms is another favourite d&b album, but less psy than the others imo.

hmm, interesting, cuz not too long ago I thought of creating a genre of music called psychedellic jungle, I worked around with it, and I got down one tune with almost a goaish melody with some heavy DnB beats and a typical deep bassline. (you wouldnt recognize it as goa with a trance beat since I had to change stuff to suit the chaotic nature of the DnB, but its definitly a lot different than stuff uve heard)

If you wanna listen go ahead,

Im still looking into it and what I could do,

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=2477341&q=Hi

thats the link, but if it doesnt work just click it on www.soundclick.com/strifermusic.htm its called equlizing floors

Its not like first sign of communication (really great shit), which reminds me of eat static.

i make the stuff myself,

come check it out wednesday 10th august the volks club brighton, im playing 1-2, should be really good fun! ive put a post up about it somewhere- "psychedelic laboratory"

hopefully c some of u there.

peace and love

kanser

Blue Room Freekstyle

Jacob's Optical Stairway (Minimal)

Blame - Into the Vibe (atmospheric futuristic/technoish drum & bass, brilliant stuff!!)

Blame - Sigma EP

Blame - Between Worlds EP

Two Revolutions

and one really great tune: Vector Burn - Orchid (Mav Remix)

Thought Process .01 compilation