Wat's the best software to make psytrance?

I think seriously you have to use Logic, Cubase.

I tried to use before many times trackers but not good interface and VSTi support.

then I try to use Buzz, it was better, but seriously I say Cubase.

Its up to you, FL I dont use because If I use piano roll and some this stuff, I use Cubase

310970[/snapback]

heh buzz, excellent, I know few people who have used buzz, I started off on that prog.....really strange stuff.

As for me, I can't stand the interface of FL studio, I use pretty much purely reason, and I don't see how some ppl say it's not user friendly, it's friggin designed to be user friendly. Everything is laid out for u there, no need to open up hundreds of windows like in FL. I guess if ur used to something like FL it takes a while to use something diff, same thing happened to me when I made my transistion from buzz (I'm guessing the maker tried his hardest to make this as little user friendly as possible, lol) to Reason.

I use Renoise Tracker. Not the easiest to learn if you dont know anything about trackers, but if you know what your doing, IMO its the absolute best, full VST support, full sample editing, native effects, whatever you need.

E jay. Dance edition.

302968[/snapback]

LOL not really bro (i wish) i used ejay and made some ok songs but NOTHIN close to PSY trance or GOA. right now im using Dance Ejay 7 and its ok but more dance and trance than anything else. u can make your own meliodies and mess with them with a bulit in crappy synth. but its just not it. :(

i'd say:

Cubase,

Nuendo,

Logic,

or Sonar

Maybe ableton live (havent used it so dont know it)

nothing less would work for me. serious i could never imagine myself working with FL-studio.

I use Cubase, and reason in Rewire

Anyhow, good luck with FL now that u have bought it, hope u didnt pay to much ;)

I just does the job perfect  B)

320558[/snapback]

I also give thumbs up to Cubase+Reason

Unfortunately its not too stable, and you must learn alot. But its the best software setup I can think of... great for psy!!

some notes:'

STARTUP

start cubase

start reason, then load your reason song

load your cubase song

CLOSE

close your cubase song

close reason

close cubase

i find these orders are the fastest way.

LOL not really bro (i wish) i used ejay and made some ok songs but NOTHIN close to PSY trance or GOA. right now im using Dance Ejay 7 and its ok but more dance and trance than anything else. u can make your own meliodies and mess with them with a bulit in crappy synth. but its just not it. sad.gif

:unsure: I could be wrong but i think he meant that in a sarcastic kinda way... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

:blink: Im a REASON-CUBASE rewired soul.

Like fruity, easy to get on with but too many windows..hence the move.

I have only been trying cubase for about a year but reason's good.

you just need some decent refill's and it grows from there, Ive been into reason for about two years now and it been quite an affair. Its all been worth the effort though, Im able to develop the sounds I need within Reason's soft synths or simplily use one of the two exellent samplers in it. It helps if you have hardware plugged in as this makes controling and automation become so easy, smooth glides, pulsating sounds can all be entered without the dreeded mouse.

like anymusic true form only come with effort...

may i suggest you do what i did... "get" all of them. reason, cubase, live, FL, yadda yadda. i started with FL to get the ropes, learn how to put things together, and basically fuck around and learn as i go. to me i think i made some okay things with it, but no where near complete. recently i got a midi keyboard and started seriously playing with reason, and something just clicked and now reason is becoming really easy. also sounds alot better than fl i think.

cubase is still way ahead of me. i cant even get a kickdrum sample to play!

so.. experiment with them all and find which you like. personally, i would like to learn cubase also, so i can rewire reason and cubase to get best of both worlds... reason and vsti!

hope that helped :D

ps: if that offer for logic7 is open to anyone....... pm me :ph34r::rolleyes:

Guest The Journey Man Project

Dude, the best thing is to follow your heart!! Look here, every body says something completely different... maybe send Cosmosis an email to ask him how to start? I have loads of fun with FLStudio... you are not going to make Cosmosis style for along time, he has been making music for at least 15 years now... take it slowly, and maybe if you can find a short course on music production, invest in it, they will teach the basics of many things... it's hard at the start, but if you put in the ffort, one day the results will show :D Music is supposed to be fun, never forget that, ifit become hard and a chore, then take a break!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got Cubase SX and I was wondering where I can get good samples and the plugin to do it within Cubase?

Or do I need another program to then transfer sounds?

This is the first time I use Cubase, and I have only used Fruity Loops before, experimentally.

I recently opened my mind to something else then Fruity Loops

I tried Cubase a bit, but i found it too akward with all the windows

Then i tried Live 5.0.1

Now i know why everyone use this masterpiece of music making!

LIVE FTW!

The tricks is to wrtie music in any apps, render a wav of the lead or bassline or kick, then arrange the samples in Live. I've made a remix of Talamasca - Awakening in like 5-6h and it's getting pretty darn good for a first time try!

I recently opened my mind to something else then Fruity Loops

I tried Cubase a bit, but i found it too akward with all the windows

Then i tried Live 5.0.1

Now i know why everyone use this masterpiece of music making!

LIVE FTW!

The tricks is to wrtie music in any apps, render a wav of the lead or bassline or kick, then arrange the samples in Live. I've made a remix of Talamasca - Awakening in like 5-6h and it's getting pretty darn good for a first time try!

355846[/snapback]

its easy to remix the talamasca when u have all the loops done for you...

try making ur tracks from scratch using cubase sx 2 and some good plugins like

albino 2 and vanguard and then ull see the light-- cheers :rolleyes: