Wat's the best software to make psytrance?

Hi,

this is my 1st post. I've been using Fruity Loops for a while but i'm having some difficulties. It seems that the only sounds that i can cut off are the TS404 sounds. How do you cut off other sounds?

I've tried to make some songs the best as I could. I will post them some time later. I've also tried a demo of Reason2. Its very impressive and complicated, compared to Fruity Loops. I could not use it...too complicated!

When i use 'cut off' effect on a TS404 sound in Fruity Loops, it doesnt sound too good, it sounds limited. Is that because Fruity Loops is not a professional tool? I'd like to know which software i can use that does a good cuf off like Cosmosis does!

Thanks.

Hi,

this is my 1st post. I've been using Fruity Loops for a while but i'm having some difficulties. It seems that the only sounds that i can cut off are the TS404 sounds. How do you cut off other sounds?

I've tried to make some songs the best as I could. I will post them some time later. I've also tried a demo of Reason2. Its very impressive and complicated, compared to Fruity Loops. I could not use it...too complicated!

When i use 'cut off' effect on a TS404 sound in Fruity Loops, it doesnt sound too good, it sounds limited. Is that because Fruity Loops is not a professional tool? I'd like to know which software i can use that does a good cuf off like Cosmosis does! ( Am I exagerating? ) !

Thanks.

302941[/snapback]

im not sure what you mean by "cutoff"?? what does it do. i cant stand Fruity interface, and I abandonded it once i tried reason, but i must admit FL sounds great.

you wont find the "clean" psy sound from reason, but nevertheless reason is still a great tool.

if you want to sound like cosmosis, i highly recommend you try Albino 2, a plug in that works with FL. they use that alot!

cheers

dave

What i meant by best, is a software that allows me to make good effects like Cosmosis does. Btw, i'm a beginner.

sundrop, 'cut off' is the effect that 'tweaks' a sound like its been squeezed and streched. I don't know how to explain it!

What i meant by best, is a software that allows me to make good effects like Cosmosis does. Btw, i'm a beginner.

sundrop, 'cut off' is the effect that 'tweaks' a sound like its been squeezed and streched. I don't know how to explain it!

302985[/snapback]

i dont know what cosmosis uses for sequencer but:

they might use Logic on Mac or Cubase on Windows

i'd wager that most of the top acts use Logic on Mac.

cosmosis also use hardware. Virus C and Nord Lead.

of course for us who cannot afford this nice equipment,

dont worry about it, make music anyway !!

even if the sounds arent clean and pro,

it is more rewarding to hear a finished song you made,

than to hear nothing at all.

i use Cubase + Reason, and i highly recommend this combination. its quite tough to use but you will get great results. i am sitting here after starting 1 year ago to make music. i made my first song with Fruity. then about 40 songs with Reason. now i have 5 songs finished with cubase. :) i have no success with publishing music , but then again i never tried it. hehe it is only a hobby for me today.

i still dont understand cutoff. maybe thats part of filter? but if you try Albino you just might find it is called something different. perhaps its the LFO?? i dunno. i just recommend you try Albino. heheh visit Cosmosis web site for more info!

sundrop, thanks for ur helpz. I've read somewhere that His Holyness Bilbo Bagginz

uses Cubase, Albino 2 and some other stuffs. Here is a picture of Albino 2. You will find the cut off knob on it :

http://www.plugorama.com/customer/detailed...p?productid=289

I have some good tunes I've made with Fruity Loops. I want to assemble them into a single track with the quality of sound the professionals make. I've made 2 or 3 complete tracks too. My real problem is that I cant obtain the sounds and effects I want with Fruity Loops.

hi

i am using fl studio too

it is one of the best softwares

some people say get reason and u can make trance

well its not the software

but tye person using it

may be we have to know fl studio better

when u use cutoff on ts404, i think it sounds more cool,try using it with some delay and the see the wonders :)

How can I use Albino with Fruity Loops? I have to buy the Albino2 Hardware?

303470[/snapback]

Albino is a VST as far as I am concerned. Just a plug-in for softwares that support VST (Cubase, Logic. REASON doesn't, right?)

So.. you should consider spending some cash on buying software perhaps.

:lol:

There is no "best software", theres only the software that you're best at using. FL isn't considered top quality by most people and it probably isn't compared to other things - or it could be that FL has just never been used in a quality way. For one, FL is very quick and easy to sequence with so that gives it an advantage, also it supports VSTi's - meaning you can load up and use other synths in it such as Albino, Fm7, Absynth, Pro 53 or many many many others. Reason cannot do this, and actually you can rewire Reason to act as a VST plugin into FL - so you can combine both programs (though its tricky to use and its actually is better to rewire Reason with Cubase if you know that program, I unfortunately don't.)

As for your cutoff troubles, you can cutoff anything in FL, look at the knob under the ins (instrument) tab for a channel, it says cutoff and the one next to it says resonance. Additionally you can also attatch a lowpass filter to any FX channel (adn thus any sound or synth) and knob it from there.

I advices u that rather than trying somany softwares master the fruity loops i have tried reason as wellas fl .i have made lots of hard core rave songs in that .its faster ,easier and interesting to make with fl than reason. dont go for any hardware.fl studio is more than enough.reason is good for soft trance. 4 psy trane u better go for fl. its the best

Try them all, see what you're most comfortable with :) After learning the ropes in FL and the basics of composition it'll be a good idea to start learning to use Reason or Cubase. It'll be slow and difficult but after a year or two of hard work you'll be a master at the game (or atleast the programs) - but whatever program you use there is no magic button or knob that'll make your stuff sound good - for that you need to do alot of hardwork.

E jay. Dance edition.

302968[/snapback]

yeh my little 10 year old cousin uses E.jay hes making tracks left right and centre B)

I recomend using Logic Pro 7, I used to use reason...but after playing with logic, it jst wips out reason, .........Logic is the way togo!!!! but ya need a apple :)

shaft!!! I have a *caught* extra copy of Logic Pro 7 if want it dude?

Thanx for ur replys guyz.

I just bought FL5 and it's GREAT! I think i'll stick to it. I've tried to use Reason and Cubase before but they are not user friendly. I can't buy Logic cuz I don't have Mac. Fruity Loops is getting more and more professional with each new release and the FL5 is very impressive.

I think seriously you have to use Logic, Cubase.

I tried to use before many times trackers but not good interface and VSTi support.

then I try to use Buzz, it was better, but seriously I say Cubase.

Its up to you, FL I dont use because If I use piano roll and some this stuff, I use Cubase

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, i didn't read all the replies so excuse me if i'm repeating anyone.

But, idd, there is no 'best software', offcourse there's pro-tools, but that's quite expensive and still, you won't make better music with more expensive software, like they say, it's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it (though i think they were referring to something else saying that, but nevertheless ;) )

now, TS404 sucks, bigtime, u just need other vst instruments and you'll get much further, almost all Vsti can be runned in FL, but, as your asking for tips on getting more out of the TS404, here are some:

- EQUALIZE : master your sound, make it sound better by sending it to an fx channel and put some effects on it, like an equalizer, a compressor, reeverb, etc etc, twist and turn the knobs until you have the sound you want

- USE AUTOMATION : i guess you wan't that effect that you have a melodie playing and repeating itself every -let's say fr example- 16 steps, but you wan't to change the sound while it plays, then u have to use automation, with this you can change the position of your knobs during the song, and create that weird swirling twisting and turning effect, if you don't know what automation is, i will explain, just ask.

Again, Fruityloops or any other sequencer are just the programs where you create your song in, the sounds are made by the use of several instruments (like VST or hardware instr.) and effects, imo Fruityloops is a very decent program (though it has a stupid name and the interface is not so proffesional and chique looking as Cubase or so) but you can get great sounds out of it, but that depends on what you know about mastering, it's not the most fun part of the job but if you can manage to arrange all your sounds as they fit nicely to eachother, pan a little here and there where necessary, equalize every sound and put it in the right frequency range etc etc, you can make excellent sounding tracks with almost every program.

(For example, look at Krumelur, they also work with Fruityloops).