New track in progress: Xiphiaz - Chi Cha

Hi! =)

So I began to experiment a bit as usual in reason a couple of hours ago and I came up with this, not finished of course, but I just couldn't wait for some feedback becuase I'm stuck right now (:

Xiphiaz - Chi Cha

Feel free to listen and please give feedback, tell what would fit in and such.

Thanks! :)

Sounds promising! Nice intro, I love those... bubbly "drums" or whatever to call them.

Hmm what to add... Perhaps make a break where this sample ends, and introduce a more tempoish bassline after that. Adding tempo right after a part based on atmosphere usually makes quite an impression I think :)

*edit*; I don't know your intentions on this one though, perhaps you want to avoid fullon :P

Hey Xiph,

again a very leet tune. Dare I say (in danger of sucking up to you too much) that you are a very talented guy? :P ... honestly, I see its only a matter of time until your stuff gets signed.

I am always looking for something to criticize, and usually I find at least a bit I'm not 100% content, but here I can't really find anything to improve. Sorry :P

Completely fallen in love with the percussion. :)

Well, suggestions how to continue... difficult. You need probably a part with a lead, thought of an acoustic guitar maybe? The organic feel of the track demands probably a kinda "natural" lead. Any real instruments would be awesome.

Daze's suggestion is not bad either, maybe a more full-onish parts where the tune "takes off" and gets a more ethereal feeling... I could well imagine this.

Hi! =)

So I began to experiment a bit as usual in reason a couple of hours ago and I came up with this, not finished of course, but I just couldn't wait for some feedback becuase I'm stuck right now (:

Xiphiaz - Chi Cha

Feel free to listen and please give feedback, tell what would fit in and such.

Thanks! :)

302762[/snapback]

That sounds just perfect :) yes those drums are nice! Great work, i want to hear the whole track, please post it when it is finished.

I disagree with Daze, keep the bassline as it is, it is just perfect, smooth track apparently.

Thanks for all of your replies :) I really get inspired from all this positive feedback! I'm going to add a flute (shpongly), some more variation with the pads, some more melodies. I've also thought about what was said about a more full on bassline and I think I'll wait with that for now :)

New update coming soon!

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for all of your replies :) I really get inspired from all this positive feedback! I'm going to add a flute (shpongly), some more variation with the pads, some more melodies. I've also thought about what was said about a more full on bassline and I think I'll wait with that for now :)

New update coming soon!

Thanks a lot!

303702[/snapback]

please don't add the full on bass! :D it seems to be a morning track, if it is ur intention then the bassline is perfect as it is.

please don't add the full on bass! :D it seems to be a morning track, if it is ur intention then the bassline is perfect as it is.

303708[/snapback]

No worries, I won't :D

man, the production just gets better and better :)

How about finishing a track for a change ;)

Really looking forward to how those melodies at 2:36> will evolve

Okey, so here's one of the updates (: I've changed the bassline here and there (nothing big), changed the arrangment (mostly the intro) and added a new melody (actually a couple of melodies but I'm not giving away them all now ;) and new sounds

Anyway, tell me what you think

Xiphiaz - Chi cha

Really nice track Indeed.

If I may what Reason parts did you use? Reason3 or 2.5?

Just wondering.

Cheers

304973[/snapback]

I'm currently using reason 2.5, but I'm actually saving up to buy 3.0 =)

This sounds great. It all leads nicely and naturally in to the next part. The only bit I'm don’t like is the "Yeah" sample. I find that sort of thing a bit cheesy and of putting. This is just down to my own taste however.

Good work

This sounds great.  It all leads nicely and naturally in to the next part.  The only bit I'm don’t like is the "Yeah" sample. I find that sort of thing a bit cheesy and of putting.  This is just down to my own taste however.

Good work

308191[/snapback]

Thanks m8 (: I'm not really sure about the "oh yeah" either (kinda breaks off from the other samples), but it's a bit of an experimental tune after all (: progress is king, and nothing sounds like it did when you began with it, right? :)