New song + in need of help!

Lately I've gotten pretty inspired to do forest-music (a lot because of this: http://www.sthlm-herp.net/galleri/galleri_800/Judarn_800.jpg - 1 minute walk from my house), and so far this is what I've come up with:

URL: http://rapidshare.de/files/3312410/Daze_-_Mossa.mp3.html

Scroll down to the bottom and click "free".

Feedback is very much appreciated - this is the style I want to work with. Anyway, I am also in need of help, I would love some tips on how to make a track a bit more... twisted :P

Any special techniques or effects to use on samples? Perhaps melody-scales that work well on this kind of music? Fx-synths? Sample-packs? Anything!

Thanks in advance!

Lately I've gotten pretty inspired to do forest-music (a lot because of this: http://www.sthlm-herp.net/galleri/galleri_800/Judarn_800.jpg - 1 minute walk from my house), and so far this is what I've come up with:

URL: http://rapidshare.de/files/3312410/Daze_-_Mossa.mp3.html

Scroll down to the bottom and click "free".

Feedback is very much appreciated - this is the style I want to work with. Anyway, I am also in need of help, I would love some tips on how to make a track a bit more... twisted :P

Any special techniques or effects to use on samples? Perhaps melody-scales that work well on this kind of music? Fx-synths? Sample-packs? Anything!

Thanks in advance!

302696[/snapback]

First of all! Can we switch houses? :P

Secondly, I love your style! How do you make that bassline (I know it's with AudioRealism BS, but what you did with it)?

And Try to maintain the volumes of each channel... Because there are times when some of them hit one another and it's creates disturbtion...

I bet you already know z3ta+... But if you don't, It's a great synth for psytrance.

Actually I didn't know of z3ta, gonna try it out, thanks man!

About the bassline; other than configuring it in Audiorealism, I also added Waves Maxxbass. Great for basslines.

Thanks for your help!

I dont have the time right now to give the most detailed comment, but I'll add more things later if I still discover some things.

It's indeed a kickass track. Kick and bass are lovely, and all the jungle sounds are just WHOA. Very impressed of your tune and liking its atmosphere a lot.

However I do think that in the long run it needs probably a bit more to keep the interest at a constantly high level. It is already great that way, but there needs to be some kind of climax to make me wanna hear it again and again. I personally dont like the snare that much. I dont know, I like that rather deep snare sound, but theres something about it that sounds 'wrong' and I cant really locate it. Another thing is you got some distortion at some points. Some elements exceed the limits a bit. Try to make the mix maybe a bit more balanced with EQing, limiting and compression.

Eh ok, I wrote too much again... anyway, this track deserves a lot of attention. Great one!

2 questions:

The bassline is Killargh (in the good way). Any recommendations to make it that deep and punchy at the same time?

And how did you create the ambience? Is it all samples? Some done in Spectrasonics Atmosphere maybe?

PS: lovely forest view you got there. Thats why I want to go to scandinavia. :)

Hehe thanks guys... Really appreciated!

I know I have to work some on my production to avoid distortion... I tend to overadd :P

Cybernetika: Most sounds are samples (some actually recorded in the forest on the pic - me and my brother went out and cracked sticks etc :P). A good idea is to sample sounds from nature shows on tv, with birds etc ;p

Oh and ofcourse www.findsounds.com is great!

About the bassline... I don't know what to say, I just tweaked it til' it sounded the way I wanted it to. As mentioned though, Waves Maxxbass is great! I think with the knobs in Audiorealism SB together with the ones in Maxxbass you can pretty much make a bassline sound any way you want it to.

Again, thanks a lot for your help! It's very useful for me, I am learning a lot.

hey just for curiousity do you have more tracks to download? I'd sure want to! gimme gimme gimme! I'm a spoiled little child I know I know... but I just like your sound quite a bit you know! :)

I have made other tracks (none of the same style though), but unfortunately I haven't gotten access to my ftp server yet, because it was reinstalled recently. I'm working hard on a new track right now though :P