New Psy-tekk Mix "Cryogenics"

Cybernetika

Hi folks,

this is one of my newer mixes and one of my best so far, although I am still quite new at that. Some transitions are still not perfect (my biggest error is the first transition), but mostly it should be quite ok :)

So I'm very proud to introduce you to the

Cryogenics

(mixed by Cybernetika)

Posted Image

Wikipedia says:

Cryogenics is the study of very low temperatures or the production of the same, and is often confused with cryobiology, the study of the effect of low temperatures on organisms, or the study of cryopreservation. Likewise, cryonics is the nascent study of the cryopreservation of the human body. Unlike cryogenics, cryonics is not an established science and is viewed with skepticism by most scientists and doctors today.

I chose this title because "cold" is probably the best adjective to describe this style of music. It is a heavy and dark Industrial influenced sound. The most mechanical and coldest side of Psytrance.

"Cryogenics" - Psy-tekk mix June 2005:

Tracklist:

1. X-Dream - Rewind

2. PPS Project - Icon

3. Cybered - Unlimited Edition

4. Entropy - Nobody Really Knows

5. X-Dream - Thorazin

6. PPS Project - Complex

7. Wormfood - Heavy Rumblings

8. Hujaboy - Virtual Anal(og)

9. Cybered - Silentium Universii (Rmx)

10. Hujaboy - Save Ass

11. Entropy - Dish

12. The Delta - Thing

13. Spirallianz - Battlejuice

Length: 66:54 mins

To get the file, click on the graphic or right click, save as here:

Download "Cryogenics" (mixed by Cybernetika, June 2005) here

Enjoy it, feedback as always appreciated :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

Am downloading now... will listen in a couple of hours when I drive home and let you know... nice track list though, love the opening track B)

Very goood work Cybernetika !!! I`m satisfied a lot with this mix and it appears I`ll listen to it more than one time. When I listened it for the first time yesterday there are of course parts where it`s a bit "dry", but on the other hand the stomping periods are more! It`s also the selection of the tracks that is very good. I like it very much. The 1st and 4th tracks are quite driving :D

Keep up ;)

P.s

Today I was lookin at Ishktur`s guide to electronic music again. When I compare your mix to the samples there in the section "Industrial" I think the following : these samples can go to hell beside your mix :) This a very strong advantage of your tracks - the genre "Industrial" is not easily "digestable", but your most tracks are splendid. That`s my point of view

Today I was lookin at Ishktur`s guide to electronic music again. When I compare your mix to the samples there in the section "Industrial" I think the following : these samples can go to hell beside your mix  :)  This a very strong advantage of your tracks - the genre "Industrial" is not easily "digestable", but your most tracks are splendid. That`s my point of view

307510[/snapback]

LOL, honestly imo the samples at Ishktur`s guide to electronic music really suck. They are not even placed in the proper genre sometimes, so don´t take that site too seriously.

Haven´t listened to the mix unfortunately but I know the tracks... and they ROCK! B)

LOL, honestly imo the samples at Ishktur`s guide to electronic music really suck. They are not even placed in the proper genre sometimes, so don´t take that site too seriously.

Haven´t listened to the mix unfortunately but I know the tracks... and they ROCK!  B)

307539[/snapback]

I see, but I merely haven`t got enough experience to be sure they suck .. but which other site could be a guide then ???

Very goood work Cybernetika !!! I`m satisfied a lot with this mix and it appears I`ll listen to it more than one time. When I listened it for the first time yesterday there are of course parts where it`s a bit "dry", but on the other hand the stomping periods are more! It`s also the selection of the tracks that is very good. I like it very much. The 1st and 4th tracks are quite driving  :D

Keep up ;)

P.s

Today I was lookin at Ishktur`s guide to electronic music again. When I compare your mix to the samples there in the section "Industrial" I think the following : these samples can go to hell beside your mix  :)  This a very strong advantage of your tracks - the genre "Industrial" is not easily "digestable", but your most tracks are splendid. That`s my point of view

307510[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for the comment Deepdrone. Really appreciate it :)

About the industrial thing.. well... you gotta listen to some really fucked up Rythm Noise or Power Electronics or something like that, not the "mainstream" industrial which is often referred to as a mix between electronic and metal... There is harder and noisier Industrial than that... most people would simply classify it as "noise" however ;) ... but the cold, mechanic atmosphere is quite similar to Psytekk's.

Thanks a lot for the comment Deepdrone. Really appreciate it :)

About the industrial thing.. well... you gotta listen to some really fucked up Rythm Noise or Power Electronics or something like that, not the "mainstream" industrial which is often referred to as a mix between electronic and metal... There is harder and noisier Industrial than that... most people would simply classify it as "noise" however ;) ... but the cold, mechanic atmosphere is quite similar to Psytekk's.

307851[/snapback]

OMG :D Referred as mix of electronic and metal, alright. I`m sure many metal freaks can`t stand it, it`s logical :)

Yeah, in that topic "dark experimental noise ambient" in the music making section I downlodaded the stuff from Bahamut which is beautiful to me and the track Vecordia - Aeon is likeable, the name is goood, the track itself is somewhere medium-good, but from time to time it catches me back :) So recommend to me other similar tracks, it`d be "food-for-the-brain" :lol:B) I`m serious though

and does Psytekk exactly mean mix of Psytrance & (Industrial)Techno ?

Once again I admit the mix is constantly on, it`s if I could say it with a new word - "mind-eating"