New Hallucinogen?

seraph

So, I've heard that he plans to release an album later this year or the next year.

Has anyone read any interview with him and heard actual estimation ? I know it doesn't matter in Twisted case, when the disc would be released cause of their delays and promises but that is one of the most anticipated releases for me, ever since 97 and his 'last' Hallucinogen album - The Lone Deranger.

I checked Shpongle and Twisted sites and no news so I assumed maybe someone else knows anything.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any new Hallucinogen material in the works? Will we get to sample some of it?

Ā 

I have been collaborating a lot recently, so these things tend to get released under other names... i haven't been in the studio on my own much... but once i buy a new computer i look forward to some 'hallucinogen' time.

Ā 

www.shpongle.com/hallucinogen/interviews-tripoutnewyork.htm

Ā 

The last Hallucinogen tune [not counting remixes], 'E', was released on TIP.World's Twelve compilation three years ago and fans have since eagerly awaited new material. The new Twisted compilation, Unusual Suspects 2 features two new tracks under the Hallucinogen guise. Is this a sign that there are more to come?

Ā 

yes... i have been doing a lot of 'Hallucinogen-style' tracks, but as collaborations with other names.... like some stuff with benji, tristan, joti, and merv.... my studio at the moment is scattered over my house, while i rebuild it for 2005 it was getting too uncomfortable to work in... so i got a new chair and computer desk.... that might encourage me to spend more time in it! i want to cut down on the gigs this year, and spend some time in the studio working on some trance stuff...

btw, `E` was never really supposed to be a hallucinogen track.... it was something i wrote for raja ram, sitting watching the rain drip down the window, after raja ram had explained the meaning of the word `saudade` in portuguese.

Ā 

www.shpongle.com/hallucinogen/interviews-hallucinogen_site2005.htm

Ā 

;)

Is there any new Hallucinogen material in the works? Will we get to sample some of it?

Ā 

I have been collaborating a lot recently, so these things tend to get released under other names... i haven't been in the studio on my own much... but once i buy a new computer i look forward to some 'hallucinogen' time.

Ā 

www.shpongle.com/hallucinogen/interviews-tripoutnewyork.htm

Ā 

The last Hallucinogen tune [not counting remixes], 'E', was released on TIP.World's Twelve compilation three years ago and fans have since eagerly awaited new material. The new Twisted compilation, Unusual Suspects 2 features two new tracks under the Hallucinogen guise. Is this a sign that there are more to come?

Ā 

yes... i have been doing a lot of 'Hallucinogen-style' tracks, but as collaborations with other names.... like some stuff with benji, tristan, joti, and merv.... my studio at the moment is scattered over my house, while i rebuild it for 2005 it was getting too uncomfortable to work in... so i got a new chair and computer desk.... that might encourage me to spend more time in it! i want to cut down on the gigs this year, and spend some time in the studio working on some trance stuff...

btw, `E` was never really supposed to be a hallucinogen track.... it was something i wrote for raja ram, sitting watching the rain drip down the window, after raja ram had explained the meaning of the word `saudade` in portuguese.

Ā 

www.shpongle.com/hallucinogen/interviews-hallucinogen_site2005.htm

Ā 

;)

302560[/snapback]

Thanks Templar, but I read the same interview from the site too, I was wondering wheter there are some new, FRESH facts...

Ā 

WINX

OMG! :wub:

Guest The Journey Man Project

Isn't there going to be released something under the name Metal Sharon? (Simon + Ozric Tentacles)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

302766[/snapback]

Ā 

Ā 

Simon and Merv from Eat Static is Metal Sharon and they released a track on Unusual Suspects 2...

Ā 

there was a rumour that Simon is going to release Twisted Session2 which will be a Hallucinogen Live set... we can only dream :)

I haven't enjoyed anything Simon has done recently... gt4 kicks was bad except the last track was something nice and fresh to hear. :)

If the H3 album will be anything like in gt4 kicks comp I surely won't buy it.

Yeah Mi-Loony-Um was about th eonly reasonable thing Simon has done for ages... most his work now sounds like the efforts of a tired old man... maybe he should take some time out and come back and surprise in 5 years... the whole twisted labels is just churning out boring crap, it makes even straight up techno sound good... end rant :D

Yeah Mi-Loony-Um was about th eonly reasonable thing Simon has done for ages... most his work now sounds like the efforts of a tired old man... maybe he should take some time out and come back and surprise in 5 years... the whole twisted labels is just churning out boring crap, it makes even straight up techno sound good... end rantĀ  :D

302907[/snapback]

twisted is pretty much the only thing still worth listening in this scene :P ..along with g+

Yeah Mi-Loony-Um was about th eonly reasonable thing Simon has done for ages... most his work now sounds like the efforts of a tired old man... maybe he should take some time out and come back and surprise in 5 years... the whole twisted labels is just churning out boring crap, it makes even straight up techno sound good... end rantĀ  :D

302907[/snapback]

Can I say just say dear 'the journey man' dude, I think that's so right! you stole my words! :D

Ā 

Ā 

twisted is pretty much the only thing still worth listening in this scene :P ..along with g+

302914[/snapback]

I think you need to get your lazy ass up and seek for new music twisted is so clichƩ man! ^_^

I'll agree gravity plus are pushing the boundries a bit, but I think Skazi is more Twisted than Twisted... I've seen Simon play live two year sina row in my home town, and it's exactly the same stuff all the time!! Nothing new!! It sucks!! I thought the second time might be new stuff, but I might as well have sat at home with the two Hallucinogen albums on!! At least Infected put some effort into to improve, even if I don't like... Simon Posford is burnt out... he need to get rewired or retire and shut down his label... Twisted suck IMO!!

I'll agree gravity plus are pushing the boundries a bit, but I think Skazi is more Twisted than Twisted... I've seen SimonĀ  play live two year sina row in my home town, and it's exactly the same stuff all the time!! Nothing new!! It sucks!!Ā  I thought the second time might be new stuff, but I might as well have sat at home with the two Hallucinogen albums on!!Ā  At least Infected put some effort into to improve, even if I don't like... Simon Posford is burnt out... he need to get rewired or retire and shut down his label...Ā  Twisted suck IMO!!

303001[/snapback]

Hold your horses Journey Boy, those are tough words...

Ā 

1) Simon doesn't suck ! Maybe he is burnt out with trance music but he is making amazing ambient music.

2) Twisted is not making twisted kind of music anymore but they surely make quality stuff nevertheless.

3) Infected put something to improve themselves ? WHAT ? :huh:

Ā 

:blink:

Oh well I don;t agree but each to their own... I enjoyed Skazi and Infected's set's much more than Simon's... but over all give me some goodproggy any day at sunrise with blue skies and a nice trip :D As for ambient the latest Shpongle was soooooo worng!! :blink: I'd say Shulman, Entheogenic, Vibrasphere and Carbon Based lifeform wipe Simon's ambiet :P

Oh well I don;t agree but each to their own... I enjoyed Skazi and Infected's set's much more than Simon's... but over all give me some goodproggy any day at sunrise with blue skies and a nice tripĀ  :DĀ  As for ambient the latest Shpongle was soooooo worng!! :blink: I'd say Shulman, Entheogenic, Vibrasphere and Carbon Based lifeform wipe Simon's ambietĀ  :P

303011[/snapback]

Okay, you convinced me, Simon SUX !

Ā 

Maybe I should go and clean my ears, maybe I didn't even had ears...

Ā 

:huh:

Simon is the most talented artist of the present

Ā 

try to argue about this B)

As for ambient the latest Shpongle was soooooo worng!! :blink: I'd say Shulman, Entheogenic, Vibrasphere and Carbon Based lifeform wipe Simon's ambietĀ  :P

303011[/snapback]

If you buy Shpongle expecting ambient then the problem is not the music but your expectations. Shpongle is experimental psychedelic music.

Shulman. Enth and Vibrasphere are not Ambient. They are psychedelic downtempo. And to my taste Shpongle pwns psychedelic downtempo, tho others are good too.

As for ambient - Carbon Based Lifeforms pwns that, but Simon doesn't make any ambient, so...

Oh well I don;t agree but each to their own... I enjoyed Skazi and Infected's set's much more than Simon's... but over all give me some goodproggy any day at sunrise with blue skies and a nice tripĀ  :DĀ  As for ambient the latest Shpongle was soooooo worng!! :blink: I'd say Shulman, Entheogenic, Vibrasphere and Carbon Based lifeform wipe Simon's ambietĀ  :P

303011[/snapback]

yeah man, youve convinced me. skazi is better than simon posford. how blind i was. you sure do have a great taste in music.