Ampliflier - Underground [SAMPLE]

Shaft

Hi guys,

Here is a sample off one of the album tracks I am working on. I took into consideration length of the sample, so I decided 3 minutes would be sizeable enough for you to judge the quality of the music.

Details:

Running time: 3:11

Bitrate: 128kbps

Size: Approximately 3mb

Please leave feedback if you download. Thank you. :)

.:[ Download Link :: http://rapidshare.de/files/3212480/amplifl...ground.mp3.html ]:.

Wow, I'm very impressed of this. Very deep soundscapes morphing into each other, I really like it. Even though I dont really know about the production of that genre, I think it is very well done. The production is quite nice and manages to enhance the atmosphere.

However, some of your upper frequencies are too loud, I discovered that a limiter can take these out very well, plus it doesnt alter the sound as much as a compressor does. The pads in the ending are too loud as well, they exceed the limit and hurt a bit in the ear ;)

Nevertheless, cool track with a lot of potential, cant wait to hear it in full lenght :)

Hey Lars, thanks for the feedback! :)

Yeah, I was picking up a substantial bit of distortion in places on that pad... so I have reduced the reverb on it and EQ'd it to cut out some of those higher frequencies!

And full length will depend on whether I get a record deal... currently writing the album so I'll see how that goes before I can promise anything... Obviously I didn't want to release too much of the album, but I thought 3 minutes was fair. :)

"Cut the crap, man, this is Shaft."

I found that sample there while listening to your track  :lol:

I hope you will get that record deal because that sounds promising.

Are you planing to release an ambient album or is it just the closing track?

302483[/snapback]

Haha... Well, actually it's ampliflier :P (thinking about asking mars to change my forum nick to amplifly - like I have at isratrance)

And yes, I am working on an ambient album - though I hope it will have many different styles combined into one flowing musical work - of course I will have to work pretty hard getting them to combine easily - but I think I'm up for it. :)

And nothing about record labels yet... I have registered at isratrance (just today in fact), hopefully someone might discover this there and contact me about compilations - I would be prepared to write a compilation track! :P

I'll let you guys know about it if I get my work released!

Ben

nice dude, promissing stuff... very pro sounding...

302491[/snapback]

Thanks! :D

I had my doubts about the equipment I'm using... extremely basic... probably just under £600 for the lot - thankfully I have good ears :)

cool mate!

lovely production

and great drummings!

I'm not the one to judge... but 3 minuts are too short to get into the groove

love the pads btw ;)

keep it on! would love to hear some other stuff you made... maybe some good old school ? ;)

It's ehm... don't want to bring you down man but I gotta say it's quite average really. I just don't find it that interesting... sounds don't work for me... I wouldn't like to critisise but after listening rotor +, robert rich, spacetime continuum & others today this doesn't seem that good. It's not a bad one for sure but doesn't grab me. I hope some negative critisism doesn't hurt :) it's not my intention at all! I think in few years you might develope into a brillant act who knows! :)

It's not a bad one for sure but doesn't grab me. I hope some negative critisism doesn't hurt :) it's not my intention at all! I think in few years you might develope into a brillant act who knows! :)

302816[/snapback]

Well, I am only a humble 18 year old student in his bedroom making tunes on a £600 setup :P

I'll work on getting it more catchy - Right now I am working on the album but no track is definite - just going to keep working until I can pin down a tracklist. :)

The musical ideas do need developing - I am trying to layer my songs as much as possible and it's pretty difficult - was the production okay in your opinion?

I could tell you what I didn't like this track was that the range of fxs was too narrow maybe... the synth line was maybe líttle too mild (though the end seemed a bit better :) ).

The production sounded nice... can't complain about that one :)

edit: I think you should check out, if you haven't already, Global Communication's 76:14 that's what I'm kinda talking about making nice melodies... that stuff touches :)

I could tell you what I didn't like this track was that the range of fxs was too narrow maybe... the synth line was maybe líttle too mild (though the end seemed a bit better :) ).

302840[/snapback]

I know... I'm using sampled effects mostly - I did manage to synthesise one of the sweeps though!

I am trying to synthesise lots of effects - this is the hardest bit for me, synthesising! :(

The production sounded nice... can't complain about that one :)

302840[/snapback]

Great. :)

I think you should check out, if you haven't already, Global Communication's 76:14 that's what I'm kinda talking about making nice melodies... that stuff touches :)

302840[/snapback]

Okay! :)

Well the problem for me is spending time on the piece, layering it just right... Sometimes that can make the piece drag along... :(

Thanks for the constructive feedback! :)

Pretty good tune there - I agree about the upper frequencies being a bit too loud... And I think maybe also you need a tighter theme - I mean, on three minutes you go from electro-digital space-dub to organic flute-chill... It almost threw me off...

That being said, I'm really impressed about the rest... This sounds damn good to my ears - You've got some skills man, and if you keep this up I don't see anything stopping you from getting a record deal... The production sounds pretty good to me, and you've got a good ear for long, harmonic pads and soothing little melodies... Well done!

/DP

Pretty good tune there - I agree about the upper frequencies being a bit too loud... And I think maybe also you need a tighter theme - I mean, on three minutes you go from electro-digital space-dub to organic flute-chill... It almost threw me off...

303148[/snapback]

Hehe - well I am still discovering my style. I am thinking about splitting up the song now - though both sections will be on the album!! :)

And flute chill - hmmmm! It was just a synthesised pad - now I relisten it does sound pretty like a flute! I suppose the fact that it's high up in it's register makes it sound like a flute, though. :D

That being said, I'm really impressed about the rest... This sounds damn good to my ears - You've got some skills man, and if you keep this up I don't see anything stopping you from getting a record deal... The production sounds pretty good to me, and you've got a good ear for long, harmonic pads and soothing little melodies... Well done!

303148[/snapback]

Thanks! Well I hope that I will get some musicians together for some live work - I know a violinist who's willing to play for me - I might also have a guitarist and a flautist as well (and I play piano / keys / drums / percussion) - Could be a great album! :)

That is, if I can get some funds together for some mikes and an audio interface!

Ben

Most was already said here i think. The high frequencier are too pronounced in the mix and the intro should be a bit longer. And also try to dry it a bit. I think there's a bit way too much reverb on the drums.

But apart from that, it sounds very refreshing as opposed to most of the chill that is out lately.

Good luck, sounds like you've got mucho talent!

good intro

most songs make me Fastforward right away

yours keep my attention...

those are good pad sounds

good ambient

maybe add some more "shorter" sounds here and there

sprinkle em in

303957[/snapback]

Glad it kept your attention! About 'shorter' sounds - like clicks and beeps - electronic noises you think? I'll give it a shot, for sure! Thanks for listening!

Most was already said here i think. The high frequencier are too pronounced in the mix and the intro should be a bit longer. And also try to dry it a bit. I think there's a bit way too much reverb on the drums.

But apart from that, it sounds very refreshing as opposed to most of the chill that is out lately.

Good luck, sounds like you've got mucho talent!

304543[/snapback]

The high frequencies have been eliminated now. :) Reverb is one of my loves - though I do tend to overuse it a little... I'll try and use it sparingly. Thanks for the luck, and to you and your 'Brain Frame' project too! ;)

Ben

This IP 80.80.128.163 is not allowed to use the free-service anymore today. We detected very extreme downloads. Don't worry! This has not to be your fault.

hahah

i can`t download it obviously

sounds great! like to hear more :)

305697[/snapback]

I'm working on promo material for record labels, so keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Thanks! :)

Deepdrone, try again tomorrow or something. :D