This weeks stupid covers

NT

• 1 month later...

know this it not pietrance but... I thought u had to see it:

Posted Image

:lol:

It is the perfect throwback to the aesthete of 2 Live Crew and other miami bass tracks. This cover is quite frankly perfect. The cover is tongue in cheek, not to be taken seriously at all, and they went to particular pains to make this clear by putting large chains around their necks, unusually large women, a classic hand gesture and rendering the title in gold with diamonds. It is using every cliche there is and hence poking fun at everything you think it is, which is rather ironic.

Ontop of that it is a brilliant EP. Only problem is it is over too soon.

EDIT: Also note the folds in the background image making obvious the artificiality of the EP. It shows just how aware they are of the imagery in the cover and the EP. It is a tribute to 2 Live Crew.

Drosophila

haha yeah it becomes lame when they use every stereotype there is and think it is cool.

this whole blingblingshit is just so tasteless.

but there is many good rappers and producers out there to:)

i think we can add blackmetal to the lame category to.

Posted Image

Awesome!

It would have been a stupid cover if they were serious about but it is just fun.

Creative!

serious or not serious IMO this cover is SHITE !!!! maybe i'm blind but i don't see any creativity in this design :unsure: :wank:

i prefer black metal stereotypes compared to hip hop and r&b ones without any hesitation :ph34r: after all being devil is more exciting than being a stinky pimp :ph34r:

serious or not serious IMO this cover is SHITE !!!! maybe i'm blind but i don't see any creativity in this design :unsure: :wank:

i prefer black metal stereotypes compared to hip hop and r&b ones without any hesitation :ph34r: after all being devil is more exciting than being a stinky pimp :ph34r:

That is the ultimate irony, you say you don't like it because you dislike the hip-hop stereotypes, but it is infact poking fun at those stereotypes. But I am hopelessly biased anyway, three of the tracks on that five track EP are some of my favorites. I think I must be the only person on earth who considers both psy/goa (especially ambient) and booty-house/miami-bass/ghetto-tech to be his favorite genres.

That bear one though, completely serious, which is just so bad its brilliant.

Drosophila

haha yeah it becomes lame when they use every stereotype there is and think it is cool.

this whole blingblingshit is just so tasteless.

but there is many good rappers and producers out there to:)

i think we can add blackmetal to the lame category to.

what do u mean, blingbling is tasteless??!

Posted Image

:lol:

when it comes to hiphop I only like some happy old-skool and one danish act (Malk De Kojn)... I need weird electronic sounds :P