What the hell is "nitzhonot"

NT

And dont forget that the majority of greek people knew the goa culture cause of nitzch o not....nitzch o not was their 1st touch with this object

Well that's generally true as a kiddo i was listening to some nitz but as soon as I listened to prana,astral projection,juno reactor,california sunshine,mfg , i realised that nitz was 90% cheap music.. Of course they have been some good moments at it as well, to be honest I think that sometimes it's like goa but with worse sounds & production,simpler and less psychedelic.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yes of course it was...the people in a nitzch o not party was around 2000...when the people in psytrance-goa parties was the half.And dont forget that the majority of greek people knew the goa culture cause of nitzch o not....nitzch o not was their 1st touch with this object and also party magerers usually organized ''uplifting'' parties (in this way we called them) and they called goa-psy groups (astral projectios gms and more and more...) kai ginotan tis poutanas!!!vara verro na upofero!!! e e e e palamakia agkalies metaksi agnoston kuklous pidagame mexri to tavani trela spasimata kai tetoia skinika...exo paei se polla events kai festival sto eksoteriko alla kai sto esoteriko brainstorm trancemedia alsh camel battery kai tetoia alla san tous dikous mas tous uplifters kaneis.kala ase pou meta tis evropes pou ta legane sto kapaki ta spagame sta rload ekei na deis ti ginotan autes itan epoxes...

qsys - dot http://www.sendspace.com/file/cgba47

stoler - mayan expierience http://www.sendspace.com/file/dt04b2

astrix - prototype http://rapidshare.com/files/30588057/Astri...totype.mp3.html

holymen - last universe (live rmx) http://www.sendspace.com/file/4jo77q

for my friend pandemonium :posford: good luck with your nu project!!!best wishes and you have our support :clapping:

In the same period that those parties were taking place, there were the sunrise parties etc that used to be always full and the biggest names of the scene were playing! In the early days there were throwing their parties in Alsos... Scando sound was the popular style there! Also the majority of Greeks didn't had their "1st touch of Goa culture" in uplifting parties! Maybe the majority of Greeks of your age did! No offence ok :) ?

Me personaly had never been to an uplifting party...never! And i'm into this music for ages! Uplifting parties used to gather younger people in general!

But you're right that uplifting had quite a crowd back in the days! I'll scan some ancient flyers of uplifting parties if you like to bring you back the memories!

:)

goazzz you read what i wrote in greek :P dont repeat the same things.i was in alsos batery etc and i was in rload parties too and i know lots goaheads ('94) who were in rload parties too...you could see every age...anyway

something else about verro...you sent him away with his tsiftetelia and all these shits he had made and now he is town councillor

Well that's generally true as a kiddo i was listening to some nitz but as soon as I listened to prana,astral projection,juno reactor,california sunshine,mfg , i realised that nitz was 90% cheap music.. Of course they have been some good moments at it as well, to be honest I think that sometimes it's like goa but with worse sounds & production,simpler and less psychedelic.

goa is the queen

something else about verro...you sent him away with his tsiftetelia and all these shits he had made and now he is town councillor

haha really?Even a goat with good connections can be a town councilor in Athens.

town councilor in Thessaloniki

Oh i thought he stayed in Athens.

Well,same applies for Thessaloniki.

He's got good connections for sure.

But anyway,that doesn't say anything.It's not like we kicked him out of the city.We just didn't like his music and he found what he was looking for in Athens.

And Athens loved nitzhonot.

uplifting for thessaloniki was cheapy music...i know you prefer artist like skazi etc

No comments since you are,obviously,not from the city.

oh yes of course it was...the people in a nitzch o not party was around 2000...when the people in psytrance-goa parties was the half.And dont forget that the majority of greek people knew the goa culture cause of nitzch o not....nitzch o not was their 1st touch with this object and also party magerers usually organized ''uplifting'' parties (in this way we called them) and they called goa-psy groups (astral projectios gms and more and more...) kai ginotan tis poutanas!!!vara verro na upofero!!! e e e e palamakia agkalies metaksi agnoston kuklous pidagame mexri to tavani trela spasimata kai tetoia skinika...exo paei se polla events kai festival sto eksoteriko alla kai sto esoteriko brainstorm trancemedia alsh camel battery kai tetoia alla san tous dikous mas tous uplifters kaneis.kala ase pou meta tis evropes pou ta legane sto kapaki ta spagame sta rload ekei na deis ti ginotan autes itan epoxes...

qsys - dot http://www.sendspace.com/file/cgba47

stoler - mayan expierience http://www.sendspace.com/file/dt04b2

astrix - prototype http://rapidshare.com/files/30588057/Astri...totype.mp3.html

holymen - last universe (live rmx) http://www.sendspace.com/file/4jo77q

for my friend pandemonium :posford: good luck with your nu project!!!best wishes and you have our support :clapping:

guys...dont start this nitzh-in-greece-some-years-ago battle....you obviousl had some great parties and the ppl had a blast!!

pantos prepi na itan kai gamw tis fasis.....kolopaida...ta spazate kanonikotata! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Unfortunately it seems there's a confusion about what Nitzhonot really was.

Nitzhonot is a cheesy version of Goa. That's all.

Luminus were nitzho, Amir Dagan was nitzho, Mystica were nithzo, some Cyan tracks were nitzho.

Shiva Sidpao, Shiva Shidapu even some of the first IM tracks were a mix between nithzo and Goa.

The SHIT we used to have here in Greece by crappy artists like Cherouvim, Goldenfinger, Star Children and all that WASN'T nithzo.

It was 'tsifteteli' trance. Belly dance trance. It wasn't even Trance! By putting a bass, a kick and playing a horrily cheesy melody using a synth doesn't make the music Trance.

This is real nithzo

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB4iAoDlEcw

and this is 'tsifteteli' trance or uplifting as we used to call it.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Oszsg32cI

I think the difference is more than obvious.

Nitzhonot brothers and sisters! Good this thread is up again :lol: ...

Well Ormion, ure right about the Tsifteteli movement, it has absolutely nothing to do anymore with Goa music, while Isra-nitzhonot still had heavy influences of that. Still also the Greeks had a core of respectable producers, and Cherouvim made some great tracks, did you check this one out yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dOGM3Uiw4c

Nitzhonot brothers and sisters! Good this thread is up again :lol: ...

Well Ormion, ure right about the Tsifteteli movement, it has absolutely nothing to do anymore with Goa music, while Isra-nitzhonot still had heavy influences of that. Still also the Greeks had a core of respectable producers, and Cherouvim made some great tracks, did you check this one out yet?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dOGM3Uiw4c

Considering how good your music is I'm surprised you like Cherouvim. He's guy was god damn awful!

And I have to agree that new school nitzho is better than old school. More psychedelic, less chessy and multi-layered.

Really, Agneton's album is how good nitzho must be.

And I have to agree that new school nitzho is better than old school. More psychedelic, less chessy and multi-layered.

Really, Agneton's album is how good nitzho must be.

absolutely.

it's only after listening to agneton's album that i've come to appreciate some nitzho (mostly newschool nitzho. a lot of the old stuff is too cheesy for me).

• 3 weeks later...

the word means - winnings or victories but acctualy-

this is the true explanation.....

eyal barkan used to raise his hands just at the 'aliya' - the breaking of the track at the peak -when the beat gets under and the melody prepares for the peak and then it comes back strong full power...

so he was, at parties, like a conductor on the crowd to dance (conductor in hebrew- same root as nitzhonot)...

and that's the true story :)

• 1 month later...

Wow! is it really worth putting it down this much?

what ever happened to open mindedness?

is quality really the monster eating everything up and turning us on music that others create, i mean sure quality is on thing

but seriously is it worth putting other styles of trance down?

What was the point anyhow?

Just listen to what you want to listen to and forget what everybody else thinks is cool or not cool!

Why bother listening to it if you don't like it, don't waste you time with it then!

Jeez!

xD

Point exclaimed.

Wow! is it really worth putting it down this much?

what ever happened to open mindedness?

is quality really the monster eating everything up and turning us on music that others create, i mean sure quality is on thing

but seriously is it worth putting other styles of trance down?

What was the point anyhow?

Just listen to what you want to listen to and forget what everybody else thinks is cool or not cool!

Why bother listening to it if you don't like it, don't waste you time with it then!

Jeez!

xD

Point exclaimed.

That's very right! And what's so nice about knowing you're listening to music generally accepted as "quality-music" if you don't enjoy it? It's pointless! I started to fully enjoy music when I managed to get rid of the whole cheeze/no-cheeze classification system. I think it's better not to use it, because by saying some kind of music is 'cheezy', you're already pointing out that it's "inferior" to other types of music (or at least, that's how I interprete it). That's just not true! There is no such thing as superior or inferior music, it's all a matter of preferences, no music is universally better then another type of music.

There's only music that you like and music you don't like! :)

• 3 weeks later...

That's very right! And what's so nice about knowing you're listening to music generally accepted as "quality-music" if you don't enjoy it? It's pointless! I started to fully enjoy music when I managed to get rid of the whole cheeze/no-cheeze classification system. I think it's better not to use it, because by saying some kind of music is 'cheezy', you're already pointing out that it's "inferior" to other types of music (or at least, that's how I interprete it). That's just not true! There is no such thing as superior or inferior music, it's all a matter of preferences, no music is universally better then another type of music.

There's only music that you like and music you don't like! :)

Thumbs up, Elias!

Israeli Nitzhonot and Greek Uplifting Trance are what I've always looked for. :)