MADTRACKER

MADTRACKER?

why men.?

do you want to spend your time in midding?

check and experimental with this:

cubase sx 3

reason (new version)

logic (new verion)

cakewalk (all sequencers)

fruity loops

acid pro

but dont play with that (madtracker)

ps

who remember that software....(its bean a long time)

cu men

u should try buzz tracker

probably the best tracker out there which gives the best quality too...

300193[/snapback]

BUZZ?

best quality?

please...

let speak SERIOUSLY

Its music making forum...

ah. . you bring back memories of old days ..

true .. trackers were one the begining programs used .. there were days when Erez Eizen and others used trackers to make goatrance .. they made some good stuff .. however with new technology and software .. it is wise to start with Cubase SX, Reason, Logic or so ..

yeah, I have used Impulse Tracker at times .. but not it's Reason, Acid Pro, Cubase, etc..

good luck

psybrat

I made better music with IT like 7 years ago that anyone of you have made with any Cubase or Logic or Reason or Acid or whatever.

No new technology can replace usability of a tracker. Only thing that separates good musician from not that good musician is their music, not their equipment. Tracker is definetly easiest way to make music if you can't play piano.

Buzz is dead. Renoise is too FT-retro, although has best quality sound. Madtracker is just clumsy. IT rocks. And all you need is P3 machine!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry but its bullshit that cubase has a good interface, its the most irritating interface i've ever used in any sequencer..

PLEASE, not reason, especially the new 3.0 version.. what a pile of shite.. the new effects dont do anything for your sound. the sequencer is pretty pants at putting notes together.

Logic is OK, infact its intuitive enough to use, but you cant re-arrange your effects on the fly.

madtracker 2.5 is good for putting ideas together quickly.. you can create the same results in this compared to something like reason or logic.. because it now supports VSTi's its on par with any of the other sequencers, the only thing that it cant do is variable note lengths easily, but this can be done using something like automation on the decay, and

if you want to record some very complicated keyboard playing and editing that then a linear sequencer like logic is the way to go.

logic and madtracker (and ableton live) for me.. the rest is just drivel..

PLEASE, not reason, especially the new 3.0 version.. what a pile of shite.. the new effects dont do anything for your sound. the sequencer is pretty pants at putting notes together.

what do you mean?

it's true it doesnt have any new effects , but it has better mastering devices [MCLASS] and the Combinator device... it's not that bad ;)

I made better music with IT like 7 years ago that anyone of you have made with any Cubase or Logic or Reason or Acid or whatever.

No new technology can replace usability of a tracker. Only thing that separates good musician from not that good musician is their music, not their equipment. Tracker is definetly easiest way to make music if you can't play piano.

Buzz is dead. Renoise is too FT-retro, although has best quality sound. Madtracker is just clumsy. IT rocks. And all you need is P3 machine!

300899[/snapback]

LOL. Do you have electricity in the cave you are living in?

Thanks Guys,

I think many peoples used before trackers doesn't support this one good of peace - TRACKERS. Anyone can sayS: its not good for quantazing.. is it really nonrealizable? I think, no.

Its only other style of arranging notes and I think, easiest way to make something.

About interface: I don't know, if Cubase has better interface, but I think on many peoples, on many trackers and composers and ask myself, why it would be wrong way? Is it too hard make some tracker interface on Cubase (and make tracks there) or make good one peace of tracker with good interface (like has Cubase I think) and lets go:)

300899[/snapback]

Did you really need a P3 to run Impulse Tracker? If i remember correctly i didn't have more than a 486 and IT worked fine.

• Like 1

• 10 years later...