The Best Infected Mushroom Album ?

Xochi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if they playing in a party this is a good reason NOT to go there.

306232[/snapback]

Their playing at Amager Bio (Copenhagen) the 27th of august. ...

I agree with you on the newer material, but I'm still gonna go.

Their playing at Amager Bio (Copenhagen) the 27th of august. ...

I agree with you on the newer material, but I'm still gonna go.

308032[/snapback]

they always play the old hits too :)

btw bust a move is definitely in the hall of fame of psytrance

Bp Empire

Classical Mushroom

The Gathering

<gap>

Converting vegetarians CD1

<gap>

Converting vegetarians CD2

<small gap>

I'm the Supervisor

The Gathering 9.5/10

Classical Mushroom 8.5/10

BP Empire 6/10

Converting Veterinarians - 4/10

I'm the Souperviza - n/a

to compare - Lone Deranger is a 9.75/10 and Bible of Dreams is 9.25/10

i should be a figure skating referee..

:)

i've never seen any psy act get people dancing like IM does.

306363[/snapback]

yeah, Tiesto and PVD get people dancing too, doesn't mean it's any good.

The Gathering

Classical Mushroom

BP Empire

<gap>

Converting vegetarians CD1 & Converting vegetarians CD2 (Elation Station, Ballerium & Drop out)

<small gap>

I'm the Supervisor

That's my point of view...

Respect!

I'll have to say:

1.) Classical Mushroom

2.) B.P. Empire

3.) The Gathering (not as good as the 2 above imo)

309675[/snapback]

only in production quality....

if you're talking original ideas, though, it's a whole different story.

only in production quality....

if you're talking original ideas, though, it's a whole different story.

309854[/snapback]

In Classical and BP I think every song feels more unique, when listening to gathering I don't get that (as much). I like the melodic touches on Classical & BP, I'm kinda tired of the anonymous pumping psy with no melodies. Those work very well on the dance floor, but I still prefer the other 2 albums. And I disagree, I def think Classical and BP has more original ideas than The Gathering.

All IMO. ;)

In Classical and BP I think every song feels more unique, when listening to gathering I don't get that (as much). I like the melodic touches on Classical & BP, I'm kinda tired of the anonymous pumping psy with no melodies. Those work very well on the dance floor, but I still prefer the other 2 albums. And I disagree, I def think Classical and BP has more original ideas than The Gathering.

All IMO.  ;)

309992[/snapback]

The Gathering was the first album, you realize.. everything came out of it, Classical, BP, etc. it feels a lot more raw - the ideas, production, execution - than the other albums. I like that.

The Gathering was the first album, you realize.. everything came out of it, Classical, BP, etc. it feels a lot more raw - the ideas, production, execution - than the other albums. I like that.

310208[/snapback]

Raw ? :huh:

You could at least use any other word than raw... ;)

It sounds crispy, smooth and psychedelic. I call raw albums the ones from 93-95 when sounds weren't so crispy and precise, where you can hear the echo of bass line in the distance... :P

310208[/snapback]

True it was the first album, and IMO you can hear it aswell. The sounds and the crazy ideas aren't fully evolved yet and it has this "raw" sound as you say. I like the work they did on BP and Classical better then their first, exactly because it's not as raw as the first. Now they have gone even further, more comercial and worse imo. Don't like the new stuff at all.

Different taste. ;)

Raw ?  :huh:

You could at least use any other word than raw... ;)

310213[/snapback]

hmmm.. perhaps. 'raw' is good, though. i meant 'unadulterated'. better? :)

I know i'm gonna get shit for this but I would say check out CONVERTING VEGETARIANS and I'M THE SUPERVISOR.....

I play them the most often and i love the melodies and songs. ^_^

300280[/snapback]

I agree, especially for Converting Vegeterians. Both cds have really great tunes, its just that you get some filler tunes as well. IM The Supervisor again suffers from the same syndrome. 4-5 good tracks (stretched is simply amazing) and some really forgettable. A shame really, if they had taken their time and instead of two albums they would release just one the overall quality would be much higher.

infected mushroom is great, a few grumblers on message boards dont like em tho.

i think their earlier stuff is great to listen to while you sit or drive.

their newest stuff is better for dancing and partying.

i've never seen any psy act get people dancing like IM does.

ive seen some psy DJs do it, but said DJs dont produce all their own music.

306363[/snapback]

It's because psynews is the home of the purists (and cynics) hehe. After seeing them live in Sonica I agree, they know how to move the crowd, even though their music has become cheesy (too much electric guitar and vocals). Anyway, its fun, and I don't mind having fun and dancing with a huge smile on my face in a summer festival. Who knows, maybe they will return to their psychedelic roots at some point but it doesn't really matter anyway.

After seeing them live in Sonica I agree, they know how to move the crowd, even though their music has become cheesy (too much electric guitar and vocals).

311715[/snapback]

not sure if i said before, but moving the crowd is pretty much the easiest/first thing you learn to do as a DJ. the challenge is to move the crowd and get them to experience/learn/journey to places they haven't before. And bring them back safely.

not sure if i said before, but moving the crowd is pretty much the easiest/first thing you learn to do as a DJ. the challenge is to move the crowd and get them to experience/learn/journey to places they haven't before. And bring them back safely.

311790[/snapback]

you realize that this is ideal right? Not even Hallucinogen does that anymore, his sets are 50% new stuff that doesn't sound very promising and 50% old tracks that even though they 're classics, the magic is starting to fade away after so many live sets.

you realize that this is ideal right? Not even Hallucinogen does that anymore, his sets are 50% new stuff that doesn't sound very promising and 50% old tracks that even though they 're classics, the magic is starting to fade away after so many live sets.

311842[/snapback]

maybe you should expand to hear some other music besides IM and Hallucinogen. ;)

and no, not an ideal - it should be common practice. I try to do it with every DJ set I play, and so do some other DJs and Artists I know.

maybe you should expand to hear some other music besides IM and Hallucinogen. ;)

311888[/snapback]

here's hoping that Juno Reactor will do the trick. 30th of September live in Thessaloniki, hehe :D

I like the chill cd of converten vegeterians... one of the best psychedelic cd's ever...

I call it psychedelic elektro or something like that, it prooves they still can be good but maybe not into direction psychedelic trance or fullon...

they should try other projects like simon does... and don't stick to their name and image...

The first two albums have rediculous melodies sometimes and great sometimes.

BP Empire, the third one, has great production and several great ttracks, and feels more complete. The two latest i havent heard that much.