A new kind of Goa?

Cybernetika

Some time ago I've gotten into Finnish Freeform, a pretty new style which combines hardcore's speed and the trippiness of psychedelic music and adds some trancecore elements. pretty interesting style, I recommend you check out the artists Pain on Creation, Carbon Based, DJ RX and Alek Szahala if youre interested in this.

Now I just went onto Alek's site to check if there are any new tracks for download, and yay, there are plenty. I loaded "Dryad Machine" and "Rebirth of Maruuk". And THEY ARE GOA! Well, actually a lot faster and harder, but also very psychedelic and the melodies are totally goatic. Awesome! Rebirth of Maruuk blows me away.

Okay, go to this site:

http://alek.szahala.com/

Click on Downloads and get "The Rebirth of Maruuk" as well as "Dryad Machine". Some of the other tunes are quite good too. Unfortunately, the quality is low (64kbps), but I am still enjoying it a LOT.

Now is this one possible future of Goa? What do you think of it? I need more of this freeform Goa! :blink:

Cybernetika already told everything :)

definitely something new.

Dryad Machine is like rapid old school goa

pretty cosmic and nostalgic track

Well done, Alek :)

sounds like a DJ has shifted the pitch up too high...

If its only pitching up I wonder why Goa artists havent invented this earlier :P ... I dont think its only pitching- the songs are more energetic too. That guy has quite his unique style and I think for open minded people this might be worth a listen :)

If its only pitching up I wonder why Goa artists havent invented this earlier :P ... I dont think its only pitching- the songs are more energetic too. That guy has quite his unique style and I think for open minded people this might be worth a listen :)

296526[/snapback]

You don't want to dance to this stuff... anyway, check out THIS one.

(clicky ^^)

You don't want to dance to this stuff... anyway, check out THIS one.

(clicky ^^)

296541[/snapback]

Heh yeah right, its too fast to really dance to it, but its really nice when listening to it. And its good to see Goa lives on in another form ;)

That sample I dont want to dance to either :blink: .. weeird, this is some more Japanese psy I bet ;) ... the bassline sucks, but the rest is terrific :)

That sample I dont want to dance to either  :blink: .. weeird, this is some more Japanese psy I bet ;) ... the bassline sucks, but the rest is terrific :)

296569[/snapback]

It's Infect Insect ft. Datakult ... featured on: V.A. - Psychiatric Hospital Ahead!

;)

Thats cool Cybernetika, you know a few days ago I was wondering what Alek's been up to - and decided to check his site - saw those tracks and thought the exact same thing as you :) I completely agree, Alek's driving the Finnish Freeform (FINRG) scene with more style than anyone else. When I first heard some of his stuff (Darkstar is still a favorite) I was pretty amazed, all his works are very unique. I think its something to do with the percussions in his tracks that drive them with so much energy... either way yeah its great stuff. Definately more of an expiramental psy flavor than hardcore. As for the speed - when you get into the rythm and the acid squeels it locks you in, you'd be daring it to go faster when you really enjoy it - thats the deal behind freeform.

It was nice, but not new...

I remember already in the mid 90s of an act called Sky Scrapers, anyone remember them?

They played here in Sweden then so I heard them on the radio. The gig was broadcasted by the swedish radiostation and program P3 LIVE.

I really liked Sky scrapers, it was a special feeling to it even if it had a very high BPM.

Anyone who knows if they released any albums?

• Like 1

Come to think of it, did anyone here appreciate songs from Weirdo from years back? All released on Tinrib to my knowledge. I came across Photic Zone on my HD and remembered that in 2001 I dropped it in the middle of a Sunday morning old school set at a big festival here and the place went off... it totally goes with high-energy Goa trance :) Curva Peligrosa and Say Yes if You Understand Me are both classics as well. I highly recommend Weirdo :D